• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

SPEA

harSon said:
"SBGs" are programmatic, highly concurrent social interactive games featuring fresh, relevant and current content combined
with the excitement of live events and prizes.

"SBGs" allow you to play games based on some of your favorite TV shows and participate in innovative original concepts created for
this new genre of consoles games. Through your console and Xbox Live you will be able to browse, discover and download these games
featuring concepts in the Game Show (ex. Jeapordy, Who want to be a Millionaire), Trivia, Reality TV, Puzzles and Sports (ex. Fantasy
m Predict the Play) categories.

Programmatic. Similar to TV shows, "SBGs" will feature scheduled events that will happen at a given time and day of the week. Many
of those experiences will be broadcasts, meaning that all people who join the experience will experience the content at the same time.
Through programming, we can offer content that no single user has seen before, prizes, and special events (Super Bowl, Oscars, Etc)
ensuring that you will always find people to play with.

Highly Concurrent. Each episode will enjoy massive participation making the experience and competition larger than life. Imagine
playing the entire Xbox Live community instead at the same time.

Social. "SBGs" will be fun to play with friends and family at home or online, featuring competative, collaborative and social games

Fresh. By utilizaing fresh content, special calendar events, and live host commentary, "SBGs" will feature new
experiences every time you play. Game content can be refreshed on a daily basis, allowing for experiences which are current
and relevant based on the time, day, or region in which you play. For example, you'll be answering trivia questions plucked straight from the headlines
based on current events.

Live Events. are primtime experiences with high production values featuring live hosts, content and featured
players that take user interaction to the next level. Imagine a real, live host or announcer commentating directly on
the game session everyone's experiencing at once.

Prizes. "SBGs" will reward both participation and skill with digital and real prizes (Like game shows do).
That actually sounds really neat. I'm intrigued.

jonnybryce said:
::looks at Sixaxis::

::looks at Home::

::Looks at online stores that Microsoft pioneered::

::looks at multiple sku's that Microsoft introduced when people originally laughed at them and said "we don't do that here."::

::looks at Dualshock's lame attempt to mimic Xbox triggers::

Uh...that's kinda the motto of this whole industry.

Welcome.

Good businesses imitate. Great businesses steal.

Dali

Slayven said:
I say this Trioxide thing will be some plug and ply a/v input thing to allow the unwash masses to play their console on their pc, meaning just their monitors.
I'm thinking the same thing, but one can hope.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Intellisponse said:
THE POLICY
Protecting your privacy and your information is a top priority. We have taken careful measures to secure your information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Our secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that all Internet transactions remain private (unless sent by an unsecured means, such as e-mail).

You guys are gonna put this company out of business :lol

REV 09

as a long time MS fan, none of this info interests me. It's disgusting how the wii has found its way into xbox live. I pay to not have to deal with this shit.

Dever

Banned

NH Apache

Banned
Powers and Titans sounds pretty cool:

You wake up with superpowers and you have a "mysterious" organization after you. You break in to a facility by running across a lake, then breaking down the fortress wall by growing to 5 stories.

That sounds badass...

batbeg

NH Apache said:
Powers and Titans sounds pretty cool:

You wake up with superpowers and you have a "mysterious" organization after you. You break in to a facility by running across a lake, then breaking down the fortress wall by growing to 5 stories.

That sounds badass...

That sounds like Prototype.

But it says multiplayer, so it wins by default (PLUS Wheddon!). I hope there's local too, not just online :-\

nli10

Dali said:
Except for trioxide (which I just want to know what it is and how it works), I agree.

Goddamn dawn of the casual game. I feel like I did when N'Sync, Brittany, etc. were inescapable, but I was one of the people that couldn't stand their music. I feel like I did when every idiot I knew tried to convince me Old School and Harold and Kumar were funny, but I vehemently disagreed and questioned whether or not they were retarded. I feel like I do when people mention Chris Brown and I look at them in a sort of puzzled manner.

Dawn? It's practically lunch time!

Casual's started the industry (pong anyone) - they had to, there were no such thing as gamers except in a few uni labs playing spacewar.

Back to the topic, i've been involved in a few marketing things before and most of this seems like the scattershot approach you use when seeing whether your user base actually want you to imitate the competition or not. Granted a load of this is 100% stuff that's on the way already, but most of it is going to be R&D projects that need public approval in their target markets to advance.

If Granny says she's not interested in getting X360 for waggle then there's no point in making it.

I think it's kinda funny that 'Newton', Apple Computer's very own Virtual Boy, has been adopted for the X360 motion controller by the fan-base. Sure the apple newton is essentially the iPhone, but that took a few years (10+) to iron out ...

Shockgamer said:
I'm pretty sure Spider-man Red vs. Black and Web of Shadows are the same game.

Spider-man and the X-men is Friend vs. Foe 2.

Spider-man vs. Marvel Zombies is probably the 2009 sequel to Web of Shadows/Red vs. Black.

The balance board game could be its own Wii exclusive title, or just Wii exclusive features to the above games.

lmao still too many

They should be focusing on creating one game to revive this property as they've all sucked as of late.

Dali

acm2000 said:
so is this officially a megaton or what? e3 destroyed 3 weeks in advance
It'll be a hindsight megaton if this is the best MS has to show for E3. Not much Sony or 1st party Nintendo news here so E3 isn't really spoiled for anyone except possibly MS.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
whitehawk said:
They deserve to be put of business. Their security system can be broken by deleting the last part of the URL. No web host should be in business with a security system like that.

Obviously. Imagine coming back to work tomorrow at that place to this. I would almost pay to be a fly on the wall there.

Kinan

Dever said:

I refuse to believe there are more than 10 SM games, those just probably some concepts they are investigating.

flipping_heck said:
Most likely most of MS's E3 conference destroyed, Nintendo's and Sony's remain relatively intact

There was just as much Wii info here as there was MS. Plus, do you really expect Nintendo to announce anything that's super appealing to us gamers? Because I honestly don't. They have Wii Yoga planned...but cancel potential fun like Project Hammer and Disaster is nowhere to be seen.

harSon

Banned
Jesus Christ :lol Adapting to the market is required in this business, whether that means blatant rip offs is not of importance. When one company comes through with a ground breaking idea (Rumble, Analog sticks, Motion controls, Xbox Live-esque online system, etc.), people react.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jonnybryce said:
There was just as much Wii info here as there was MS. Plus, do you really expect Nintendo to announce anything that's super appealing to us gamers? Because I honestly don't. They have Wii Yoga planned...but cancel potential fun like Project Hammer and Disaster is nowhere to be seen.

Sad but true.

Gbeav

Banned
whitehawk said:
They deserve to be put of business. Their security system can be broken by deleting the last part of the URL. No web host should be in business with a security system like that.

Not really, some hard working people might lose their job and the owner millions of dollars because some smuck in IT forgot to turn off indexed browsing or whatever happened.

Slayven

pn18 said:
That's possible, but then why would they say something like "play your Wii, 360, PS3 games on your PC" and not "on your monitor"?
To a lot of people PC and monitor are terms that are interchangeable.

Kinan

Most interesting news from my pov was "user generated games" addition to Xbox live (new tab?). So that XNA initiative will finally means something.

nli10

Dever said:
Yeah, I suppose so. Still, that's insane.

Not really, you throw out 10 ideas and see which shit sticks to which market. Then you make the game based around the market that was most interested in the first place. That's licensed shovelware 101.

And also the difference between Marketing and Advertising ;)

jonnybryce said:
Really?

You people are still holding on to Project Hammer as possibly fun? Even though you know literally nothing about it besides it being a poor man's waggle Dynasty Warriors and having an exceptionally shitty developer?

Hey, as long as we're making stuff up, The Getaway was probably going to be the very best game on the PS3 but Sony cancelled it to focus only on Home. Doesn't matter if it's true, it proves Sony doesn't care about gamers.

Spiderman vs. Marvel Zombies is the best thing in that big ol' list of crap. Forza 3 was a dead cert and everything else is... ehhhh.

Miis, Home and these Avatars fail to excite me in the slightest.

Hero

Wow, what the hell? How did someone stumble upon this stuff? Why is it being hosted on that site to begin with?

If this is what Microsoft has in store for E3 and nothing else then it's going to be pretty lame. Copy Nintendo, Copy Sony, check.

Too much Spider-Man shit but the Marvel Zombies one could be cool.

flipping_heck said:
Most likely most of MS's E3 conference destroyed, Nintendo's and Sony's remain relatively intact

Hardly any Microsoft games are on this site. From a purely games perspective, I still feel that they can manage a good show.

Avatar and SBG is a damn bad leak though.....

Sony is practically untouched by this.

Lots of Wii shovelware....of course they are going to have their own first party games as well as new third party to show. Bur shit likw Ultimate Band actually looks like something they may be trying to hype. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Wii Yoga be one of the first games to utilize the Balance Board? That also sounds like something Nintendo would love to promote.

Penguin

I don't know.

On one hand, I would love it if all those spiderman games came out and were awesome.

But jeebsus not even Marvel milks the character that bad.

And no sequel to Ultimate Spiderman.

TheOddOne

flipping_heck said:

Wait, waat.. every conference from ms till now has been a big bang. Remember GDC, Gamers Day, MS RPG Showcase and trust me E3 is going to rock even more. If this small part of the leaks are making people crazy, then E3 will be another steller conference.

harSon

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
Actually Lips sounds like Microsoft doing something right for once, importing your own stuff is a major plus point.

They're taking an established idea and refining it, when doesn't this happen? :p

FFChris

Kinan said:
Most interesting news from my pov was "user generated games" addition to Xbox live (new tab?). So that XNA initiative will finally means something.

I think people underestimate just how huge this could be. Of course, who knows with MS at the moment, they have a habit of screwing things up.

My intuition says that some of Microsoft's 'aces' were the avatars, Lips and Forza3. (and maybe the waggle wand or Trioxide). This leak has hurt MS badly more than Nintendo or Sony.

Nintendo has a lot of shovelware titles on show from the leaks, but i find it unlikely that Wii Yoga is the only thing that Nintendo will display this year as their 'megaton' (Prove me wrong Nintendo, prove me wrong!)

harSon said:
They're taking an established idea and refining it, when doesn't this happen? :p

Oh I agree, karaoke is karaoke. Konami must be really pissed though, they had the whole music genre going in the arcades and with Karaoke Revolution and now they are drowned out by Western companies..

harSon

Banned
flipping_heck said:
My intuition says that some of Microsoft's 'aces' were the avatars, Lips and Forza3. (and maybe the waggle wand or Trioxide). This leak has hurt MS badly more than Nintendo or Sony.

Nintendo has a lot of shovelware titles on show from the leaks, but i find it unlikely that Wii Yoga is the only thing that Nintendo will display this year as their 'megaton' (Prove me wrong Nintendo, prove me wrong!)

How does it hurt them as a company? It's not like information being leaked is going to force them to cancel these projects and close up shop.

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
you guys are like a school of pirhanas, all getting a nibble from the cow that is intellisponse:lol

I hope everyone involved still has their job tomorrow. Seriously, that would be shitty, it's not national secrets or anything....

I guess i'm naive.

FFChris

flipping_heck said:

Even by MSs current standards I can hardly see them having avatars and a karaoke game as their main show features.

Forza 3 was a bit slip, no doubt about it, but we all knew it was coming eventually. There will definitely be more than this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
flipping_heck said:

Why are you assuming that "Wii Yoga" is a first-party title?

Dirk Shmiggler said:
I hope everyone involved still has their job tomorrow. Seriously, that would be shitty, it's not national secrets or anything....

The security issue that allowed this is so basic that it's like an "the doctor removed the wrong lobe of the brain! oops!" level error for a web programmer. If that software was internally developed and the personal responsible is still there, they do deserve to be sanctioned over this.

As a web programmer, I'd be surprised if I kept my job if I made that astronomical of an error.

The information only hurts them when it comes to internet people like US. the general public who will be watch E3 on F4 and other places have no idea of the leaks.

Top Bottom