• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Xbox and @XboxSupport Twitter Hacked

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit, I feel bad for him. His tomgirl adventures didn't serve him well, on top of everything else.

From what I remember of the few Chris Chan videos I saw years ago, his house was a HUGE fire hazard. In fact I think I remember one video where you can hear one of his grandparents yelling at him, telling him not to post a video because they didn't want the police/fire marshal to see how big of a fire hazard it was. So in a way, it's not that surprising. Still unfortunate, though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is it really that easy to hack twitter accounts. I see stories every couple of weeks of some twitter account hacked and hilarity ensuing.

I wonder why and how so many people get hacked these days on Twitter.

Did they not have 2 factor authentication turned on???

Stop it, this is Syrianous business.

lol Made my day.

No one expects the Syrian Electronic Army!

1F5L1ZD.gif

N.Domixis

Banned
They should have done Something funny, like tweeting a new Xbox is coming out next year, say Titan fall is no longer exclusive, say drm is coming back in a patch. The meltdowns from some people would be fun to watch.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I just realized I've met that Sonichu guy. I was friends with the owner of The Game Place's daughter, and we would use the store as a meeting place before going to Twisted Branch on the downtown mall. I moved before he was banned from the store. Never saw any drama with him, but the owner's daughter hated him and thought he was a furry.

Small world.

Crayons

Banned
These people are ridiculous. If I had access to Xbox and XboxSupport, I'd make tweets that seem like they could be real and get every major gaming site mad.

Astarte

From what I remember of the few Chris Chan videos I saw years ago, his house was a HUGE fire hazard. In fact I think I remember one video where you can hear one of his grandparents yelling at him, telling him not to post a video because they didn't want the police/fire marshal to see how big of a fire hazard it was. So in a way, it's not that surprising. Still unfortunate, though.

Oog, CWC's dad didn't live a happy tail end of his life. His other children hate him and the other one is CWC, the walking Sonichu health hazard.

Wow. After all these years the internet never ceases to amaze me. As if this is even a thing. People can be so sad.

In tomorrow's news, I scratched my balls. Am I a thing now?

Someone tell 4chan.

You should probably do everything CWC did, like drinking your own splooge to 'recycle nutrients'.

llotus

Neo Member
It's nice to see the Syrian Electronic Army participating in the latest console war instead of the civil war happening in their backyard.

2013/2014 console war is really intense when you need to bring in the rebels

Kanokare

While I'm a regular user of Skype and Hotmail/Outlook, I really think they need to work on their back door security. Some week ago their Facebook was also jacked and they posted this. It was deleted pretty fast so many people probably didn't notice --

hSUYKsk.png

Anion

I dont understand this "Syrian Electronic Army." Is it even made up of Syrians?

I thought Microsoft was hackproof?

Microsoft should have said "eff your security Twitter, our page should have windows defender as the only security"
Then this whole scenario would not have happened

Foffy

Banned
While I'm a regular user of Skype and Hotmail/Outlook, I really think they need to work on their back door security. Some week ago their Facebook was also jacked and they posted this. It was deleted pretty fast so many people probably didn't notice --

hSUYKsk.png

The picture isn't wrong, though.

Microsoft should have said "eff your security Twitter, our page should have windows defender as the only security"
Then this whole scenario would not have happened

Why would you ever pay for security software when you got the Windows Defender ?

I was in bed tossing and turning last night so grabbed my phone and just read tweets. I follow both of them on Twitter and saw all that happening live. It was too funny. However, they didn't seem to do anything except promote their hash tag. I saw their skype screenshots of the ceo's phone number...so what. I mean, it's good that vital customer information didn't seem to be compromised but still...seems pretty pointless to me.

Tsundere

Banned
Your day is easily made. All someone has to do is talk shit about MS.

So you're actually one that believed they were hack proof? lol

I don't care much for Microsoft, but I will get an Xbox One for Killer Instinct, when the console falls to a price that is easier to swallow since it'll be for one game solely.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I don't care much for Microsoft, but I will get an Xbox One for Killer Instinct, when the console falls to a price that is easier to swallow since it'll be for one game solely.

such edgy.
so reals.
not warrior.

They should have done Something funny, like tweeting a new Xbox is coming out next year, say Titan fall is no longer exclusive, say drm is coming back in a patch. The meltdowns from some people would be fun to watch.

Unfortunately the overlap Venn diagram of Twitter hackers and people who know how to do dark, subversive humor is small. Such a waste of a good opportunity for lulz.

Damaniel

Banned
OH SHIT IT DID!
What about Sonichu adventures? :/

I like the way this thread has split. Having never heard of this guy, and after reading the Know Your Meme page, I'm kind of convinced the guy is more than a little off, but I'm also convinced the world would be a better place without 4chan. Just a bunch of prepubescent bullies picking on people because to make themselves feel better because bullies in real life pick on them.

I like the way this thread has split. Having never heard of this guy, and after reading the Know Your Meme page, I'm kind of convinced the guy is more than a little off, but I'm also convinced the world would be a better place without 4chan. Just a bunch of prepubescent bullies picking on people because to make themselves feel better because bullies in real life pick on them.

Truth.

And virginity.

Exr

Sad that Chris Chans house burned down, his twitter said it was a spark from an electronic coffee maker. It was bound to happen with all that clutter in the house, but sad news regardless.

Zomba13

The picture isn't wrong, though.

It's also old and obvious.
#SEA are LTTP.

Also, sucks about Chrischan's home :(
Yeah, he's weird but the amount of cunts with nothing better to do than make fun of him and harass him and his family are even more sad and pathetic.

sn00zer

Last thing...I actually met a self professed 4chan bully and one of the big chrs chan haters....he was a guy with serious aspergers, who was 19 and had a social worker who checked up on him once a week....he was a sad guy who had trouble interacting with people and keeping general hygene....I seriously believe many of the people who spent their time mocking this guy had similar issues but werent as bad so they could look down on him.....

Anyway...that syrian army thing is bananas

GavinGT

Banned

No, I just think it's silly that you get all giddy every time they experience some minor embarrassment. And also that you feel you have to share your elation with us every time.

Mortemis

Banned

Fularu

Banned
Yes

They mostly hack into Jihadist groups networks to learn as much as they can about their future operations, backing and so on.

But from time to time, they remind the west that they're still around by defacing some stuff (this is mostly harmless, their real hacking work remains rather secret and is handed to the Syrian military went pertinent).

Tsundere

Banned
No, I just think it's silly that you get all giddy every time they experience some minor embarrassment. And also that you feel you have to share your elation with us every time.

And throughout your 13k or so posts, you haven't been doing that at all ever? I wish I were you! I know you like Xbox and such, but having stupidly simple passwords for accounts like these is indeed laughable.

GavinGT

Banned
And throughout your 13k or so posts, you haven't been doing that at all ever? I wish I were you! I know you like Xbox and such, but having stupidly simple passwords for accounts like these is indeed laughable.

It's just that you chime in on nearly every Xbox thread, always trying to paint things in a negative light. I can't say I haven't done such things in the last six years, but it's not something I do on a daily basis.

Top Bottom