• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do we watch to get the mix pot stuff? Does it have to be on an Xbox or can we do it on an iPad?

I'd also prefer to watch via easy allies but if MS are giving away some random DLC that's at least a bit tempting

EBreda

How do we watch to get the mix pot stuff? Does it have to be on an Xbox or can we do it on an iPad?

I'd also prefer to watch via easy allies but if MS are giving away some random DLC that's at least a bit tempting

Anywhere, just sign in with your MS account from your gamertag

blakep267

you have to log into mixer or the app with your Microsoft login. During E3, I checked in every now and then but I wasn't glued to Mixer and I still got stuff

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Curious to see how good FH3 looksnon the X. Haven't gotten around to playing the expansions.

really hope MS has media showing direct comparisons. i know they dont want to paint x1s in a bad light, but we really need to see the enhancements x1x brings.

if not video, ala DF, at least screens like this:
xbox-one-x-gears-of-war-4.png

Wedzi

Banned
Hoping to see some Xbox One X enhanced games for 1080p/performance mode. Still planning on preordering but that will determine whether or not I pull the trigger come launch.

Still, going from Witcher 3 900p to Witcher 3 1080p 4K downsampled will probably look nice.

you have to log into mixer or the app with your Microsoft login. During E3, I checked in every now and then but I wasn't glued to Mixer and I still got stuff

Same. The stream was actually garbage for me during E3, was pretty disappointed. But even so, it did land me the Rare Replay collection, so not bad! I just checked in via browser here and there and saw it was in my library later.

Well assuming multplatform games are on both, then exclusives are the differentiator

Until a year ago, the only key differentiator is that graphic gap because Neogaf thinks Microsoft's exclusive are boring and not interesting. I do, however, understand that the pole has to be moved a little because of a few excellent exclusive Sony and Nintendo have this year but still, I won't say thoes 90 minutes at E3 "doesn't show much."

Microsoft should really focus on some high graphics game for the Gamescom though.Xbox One X could use the help.

Bizzquik

Hoping to see some Xbox One X enhanced games for 1080p/performance mode.

This.
I hope publishers and Microsoft have been listening.

4K is great marketing, but many of us prefer higher frame rates. I'm really curious to see how many games offer both options: one that targets 4K, and another that targets performance at 1080p.

I would not say Sony is good at services. Absolutely not. They are missing a ton of pro-consumer stuff that Microsoft is excelling in.

They have no BC, no ability to change gamertag, no Looking For Group, no steam-like refunds, no Play Anywhere, no ability to change gamertags, and no console cross-platform play. And they're missing multiple subscription options like Games Pass and EA Access.

Microsoft has all of that. I think what they need for a perfect services portfolio is to also make these changes: completely get rid of any release date parity clause, and completely get rid of the 50k minimum disc print rule.

Man just imagine if Microsoft had all that stuff, and the most powerful console, and increased 1st party, and better relationships with indies/third-parties. Shit bro... I'd be in heaven.

lol. Imagine if Microsoft had by far the most important thing missing from either console's list and the hardest to fix...strong exclusives?

I mean, let's be real: Sony is killing it with the games. The other things you mention like being able to change PSN names, cross-platform play, refunds, etc. are pretty small in comparison.

Hoping to see some Xbox One X enhanced games for 1080p/performance mode. Still planning on preordering but that will determine whether or not I pull the trigger come launch.

Still, going from Witcher 3 900p to Witcher 3 1080p 4K downsampled will probably look nice.

Or actually Witcher 3 in 4K or at least checkerboard. I really am very curious how nice that game is going to look. Especially in terms of AA.

Wedzi

Banned
Or actually Witcher 3 in 4K or at least checkerboard. I really am very curious how nice that game is going to look. Especially in terms of AA.

I assume it'll just look like the PC version running on medium settings at 4K 30fps lol

This.
I hope publishers and Microsoft have been listening.

4K is great marketing, but many of us prefer higher frame rates. I'm really curious to see how many games offer both options: one that targets 4K, and another that targets performance at 1080p.

Yeah E3 had a real focus on 4K HDR content, which is mainly what the One X is for and it's main selling point but I would love to see games like Rainbow Six Siege get performance updates at 1080p.

I'm also really hoping we get some Halo 5 Xbox One X footage. Come on get rid of those 30fps animations already!

Colbert

Banned
I have to ask because many ask for twitch or youtube streams. What is so horrible by just using Mixer where you are able to win stuff?

lol. Imagine if Microsoft had by far the most important thing missing from either console's list and the hardest to fix...strong exclusives?

I mean, let's be real: Sony is killing it with the games. The other things you mention like being able to change PSN names, cross-platform play, refunds, etc. are pretty small in comparison.

The subscription services though. That is still major. And I would argue Microsoft has strong exclusives for car and shooter fans. Just not this year.

Fukuzatsu

Until a year ago, the only key differentiator is that graphic gap because Neogaf thinks Microsoft's exclusive are boring and not interesting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Sony having more exclusives isn't something that only started this year. Sure, Nioh, Horizon, NieR, Persona et al. were big, but this was a problem even in 2016.

kevin1025

Banned
I have to ask because many ask for twitch or youtube streams. What is so horrible by just using Mixer where you are able to win stuff?

The Sea of Thieves stream after the Microsoft conference was mega, mega buffering, but otherwise it was good for the rest of the time!

derFeef

It's a Microsoft product :p
But seriously, Mixer is fast and simple, also you are getting free stuff (maybe). What's the loss.

whyman

I think Microsoft needs to come out today and really show some great upcoming exclusives. That 499 makes the XB1X DOA in EU. Time to show some great new games to at least get some hype up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom