• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

mas8705

Let the good times roll! Didn't think that we would see a "Steam Sale" like deal on consoles, but what the hey! Let's get buying! (next week)

Never played GTA4, is it worth the pick up? Will also get RDR to play through again.
A lot of people will say no. I'll admit that I'm a bit biased but I find IV better than V, though V was an improvement in many aspects as a result of the extra dev time and knowledge of the hardware. So yea, it's worth a try, also it's the best representation of NYC in a video game to date and I doubt it'll be surpassed for a long time.

iiicon

Was Tales of Vesperia ever added to BC? I'd love​ to finally try it.

Hopefully Shadows of the Damned is on sale for a good price. I tried looking for a cheap physical copy early this year when it was added but came up empty handed.

Chris1

A lot of people will say no. I'll admit that I'm a bit biased but I find IV better than V, though V was an improvement in many aspects as a result of the extra dev time and knowledge of the hardware. So yea, it's worth a try, also it's the best representation of NYC in a video game to date and I doubt it'll be surpassed for a long time.

Never played GTA4, is it worth the pick up? Will also get RDR to play through again.

GTA 4 is one of the worst 3D GTA's, but for a few quid it's hard to say no

GTA at it's worse is still better than a lot of games at it's best. Just temper expectations if you like GTA.

Oynox

Absolutely. Performance wise the back compat version was vastly improves though it still suffers from frame pacing or however that is called.

However you should not expect your usual "fun, open world, crazy" GTA but more like a story and atmosphere centered experience. The open world of IV is seemingly less attractive because you have less stuff to do, but in my opinion the game beats every other GTA story, atmosphere and art design wise. The whole thing feels like story and art design were thoroughly created together to create this feeling of the protagonist's fucked up life.

m23

Absolutely. Performance wise the back compat version was vastly improves though it still suffers from frame pacing or however that is called.

However you should not expect your usual "fun, open world, crazy" GTA but more like a story and atmosphere centered experience. The open world of IV is seemingly less attractive because you have less stuff to do, but in my opinion the game beats every other GTA story, atmosphere and art design wise. The whole thing feels like story and art design were thoroughly created together to create this feeling of the protagonist's fucked up life.

Absolutely how I feel about GTA 4. I prefer it over 5.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'm missing Fallout 3 and New Vegas in my library, but I doubt they would be cheaper than their last sale prices of $7.50 each, and $15 seems a bit of a waste since I don't plan to play them, I just want to see them in my library there.

AlexBasch

Can't wait to plug my 360 and buy stuff with my account cash since I can't do it with the XB1 and the webpage.

Fix that shit MS

Yeah hoping the sales get posted earlier by Major Nelson than having to have people just post the random sale prices as they appear.

Want deals onot the 360 exclusive digital releases like the SNK ports and Guardian Heroes.

Chris1

Friend wants me to get BO2 but I sure as hell am not paying $50 for it. Let's see how much they discount it.

Wouldn't expect less than $25 lol

Activision gonna Activision

Not sure why games are taking so long to come through when Star Wars already changed to free

Kill3r7

Wouldn't expect less than $25 lol

Activision gonna Activision

Not sure why games are taking so long to come through when Star Wars already changed to free

It is one of the most played games on X1 right now. No way BO2 goes below $20.

EDIT: 4th most played game on X1.

Top Bottom