• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strootman

Microsoft's going to have a super solid lineup.

Nice.

Here is a video of a classy Ferrari commercial whilst we wait

giphy.gif

Theres only one way to make that KOTOR 3 money

Awesome gif.

Zedox

It has already been confirmed that all Forza Games going forward will be on Windows 10.

Yes, but still awaiting the name of the game. Yes, it is most likely FH3 and yes it will be W10...but until it is actually confirmed, I'm not putting it there. I think all of those games will be confirmed...but they aren't there so I'm not gonna put it in a list.

Sydle

Does it make me petty that I think it would be an utter waste for the Xbox conference to spend time hyping up a Sunset Overdrive port to Win10 / PC? There's nothing wrong with the game coming out to PC - the more people that get to enjoy it, the better.

But it does nothing for me as an XB1 owner to talk about a PC port for a 2014 game (my 2014 goty) on an Xbox conference. Hopefully they mention Sunset Overdrive 2...

It just makes me like you less is all. : p

I hope SO is on stage, even if briefly, because it deserves more exposure and love. It would be amazing if Insomniac added something to it, be it new DLC or more co-op stuff, but I'm not counting on it.

This conference could just have Sea of Thieves and Recore gameplay (that looks good) and I'd be completely satisfied with the conference.

Xumbrega

Banned
Even if there is no new IP or other surprises, (which I hope isn't true) this E3 is looking crazy.

-Sea of Thieves
-Battletoads
-Dead Rising 4
-Halo Wars 2
-Possible new Halo/Halo 5 DLC
-Scalebound
-ReCore
-Forza Horizon 3
-Gears of War 4
-Possible new Forza spin off
-Cuphead
-New KI characters
-State of Decay 2
-Age of Empires V
-Anniversary update
-BC title dump
-New Hardware (Console/Controllers)

That's an amazing E3 imo, even without including a single third party game.

Yes, looks amazing, you also forgot Crackdown 3

Throw some 1-2 new AAA IP (maybe we will see the other Rare IP?)and you have pretty much an amazing e3, they need a megaton, though.

I think Scorpio would do the work :p

Notice that Phil's arm is always on the top except for the pic with Sakaguchi. He's clearly submitting to Sakaguchi in order to convince him to make a Lost Odyssey sequel.

Wait what?
Super solid means boring? Huh?
I'm confused.

It could be kind of like being told "good job" after doing an amazing performance of something. "Good job" means "I didn't care."

EDIT: But I'd imagine Shinobi602 would not know of megatons since those would be held closest to the vest.

SOR5

Notice that Phil's arm is always on the top except for the pic with Sakaguchi. He's clearly submitting to Sakaguchi in order to convince him to make a Lost Odyssey sequel.

My headcanon is that alone in his office, it starts moving without his control, and in J Allards voice he screams "SONY, I LIVE ON THROUGH THIS ARM"

Nanomachines

jbug617

Banned
I think it's more about what happened with Sony at E3 last year. Just seems like MS won't have anything close to that.

MS does a good job as a conference for the past 2 yrs but by the end of the night the only thing people want to talk about is Sony.

Chris1

It could be kind of like being told "good job" after doing an amazing performance of something. "Good job" means "I didn't care."

EDIT: But I'd imagine Shinobi602 would not know of megatons since those would be held closest to the vest.

And I could be wrong but Shinobi doesn't seem like the type of person to say they'd have megatons even if they did. He tries to remain cool about it and not overhype something from what I've saw of him anyways.

I think it's more about what happened with Sony at E3 last year. Just seems like MS won't have anything close to that.

MS does a good job as a conference for the past 2 yrs but by the end of thing the only thing people want to talk about is Sony.

You know what to do Phil! Announce a kickstarter for Half Life 3!

Salty Hippo

Two zombie games sounds fucking stupid. Why would they greenlight SoD2 and fund DR4 at the same time? Great use of resources there, Spencer. :rolleyes

Two zombie games sounds fucking stupid. Why would they greenlight SoD2 and fund DR4 at the same time? Great use of resources there, Spencer. :rolleyes

They are probably coming out in different time frames and they're also quite different games. SoD is a survival game and DR is a lot more casual and story focused.

Montresor

I know others have already done this but it's fun for me to write this out myself.

So the Xbox E3 conference is looking to shape up like this:

Trailers for previously known games:

*Sea of Thieves
*Recore
*Scalebound
*Crackdown 3
*Halo Wars 2
*Gears of War 4

New rumoured but very very likely unannounced games:

*Forza Horizon 3, set in Australia
*Dead Rising 4, re-imagining of DR1 with an expanded town, set in Christmas time, with snow and co-op
*Age of Empires sequel
*State of Decay 2
*New Rare IP (Rare rumoured to become a new IP factory)
*Battletoads

Rumoured hardware:

*Xbox One Slim
*Xbox Streaming Device/Stick
*Xbox VR and Xbox Scorpio is rumoured to exist but may skip E3...

Other miscellaneous stuff:

*Indie game showcase (Cuphead, possibly Inside, Tacoma, etc...). Hopefully a lot of good indie games are teased with release dates!
*Other announcements? Hopefully here are some huge surprises.

Honestly this seems like it will be an incredible E3 but no matter how good it is, it will still be overshadowed by "year of dreams" unless Microsoft has a couple of huge surprises.

mjc

I'd rather take an E3 that has actual gameplay and release dates over a year of dreams PS4-esque show. That kind of stuff pisses me off. (Early announcements in general tick me off, don't announce something more than a year out IMO)

Chris1

Honestly this seems like it will be an incredible E3 but no matter how good it is, it will still be overshadowed by "year of dreams" unless Microsoft has a couple of huge surprises.
I just want MS to show games we'll be playing in 2016 or 2017. I really don't care about "year of dreams" games that won't be out for 3+ years (if ever). Last years E3 was pretty good about that and I think it'll be the same this year, they learned their lesson since Phantom Dust cancellation I think.

If MS shows me Gears, Recore, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 3 and Crackdown 3 at E3, which is pretty much locked on, I'll be happy really. Any new announcements are just cherry on top.

I'd rather take an E3 that has actual gameplay and release dates over a year of dreams PS4-esque show. That kind of stuff pisses me off. (Early announcements in general tick me off, don't announce something more than a year out IMO)

MS does this all the time as well though. Stuff like ReCore, Scalebound, Crackdown, etc. Heck, Quantum Break was announced three years before it launched.

Granjinha

RARE to become a new IP factory?

Does that mean they might resurrect some of those old ideas they had? I'd love to see that horror game Seavor was working on brought to life.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707691

Yeah, that's what shinobi said. That goes with the spirit of the studio, too. Both with nintendo and early with MS they released a LOT of new IP's.

I'm also really hyped to see Sea of Thieves now that it's supposed to be like The Division (not an actual MMO but relies heavily on online elements)

Montresor

Added Battletoads and Gears of War 4 to my list.

I realized that my list is entirely comprised of exclusive franchises. I'm sure Microsoft will spend time on some multiplats though.

Like say, Battlefield 1? Is there a list of known multiplats that are going to appear at the conference that I can add to my list?

mjc

MS does this all the time as well though. Stuff like ReCore, Scalebound, Crackdown, etc. Heck, Quantum Break was announced three years before it launched.

They did it in the past for sure, they're guilty of it. But if this is the basic lineup, we can expect more tangible gameplay and not just announcement trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom