• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

viHuGi

Banned
Hyped for :

Xbox Scorpio
Gears of War IV
Sea of Thieves
Recore
Scalebound

Can´t wait to see what MS has in store, good competition is always good!

Ce23EQ9VIAEoXtc.jpg

gosling-clapping.gif

Chris1

MS does this all the time as well though. Stuff like ReCore, Scalebound, Crackdown, etc. Heck, Quantum Break was announced three years before it launched.

Recore nah, that was only announced last year and is due out this year. They've been pretty good about that lately with games like SoT, Halo Wars 2 aswell.

Crackdown and Scalebound was leaked by ntkrnl, there was no point keeping it a secret tbh, yeah they were officially revealed a bit early but what's the point holding it back a year when they're already public knowledge anyways. They were announced a little early tho, but I can see why they might have had their hand pushed.

I just want them to follow how they did their announcements last year with SoT, Recore, HW2 etc. Announce games we'll be playing within a 1.5 year period.

daTRUballin

Just because it's outsourced doesn't mean Rare doesn't have input. Unless you're really attached to specific coders at Rare I don't see why this is a concern

Part of what excites me about Rare's future is seeing what the current talent at Rare could do with some of their older franchises. If their IPs just keep getting outsourced constantly, then that implies that Rare themselves are incapable of making worthy sequels to their IPs, and I think that's stupid. Let them have a chance of working on their own IPs.

SOR5

Added Battletoads and Gears of War 4 to my list.

I realized that my list is entirely comprised of exclusive franchises. I'm sure Microsoft will spend time on some multiplats though.

Like say, Battlefield 1? Is there a list of known multiplats that are going to appear at the conference that I can add to my list?

Dishonored 2 and Battlefield 1 are my safe bets

Recore nah, that was only announced last year and is due out this year. They've been pretty good about that lately with games like SoT, Halo Wars 2 aswell.

Crackdown and Scalebound was leaked by ntkrnl, there was no point keeping it a secret tbh, yeah they were officially revealed a bit early but what's the point holding it back a year when they're already public knowledge anyways. They were announced a little early tho, but I can see why they might have had their hand pushed.
Come now, if you're going to call out one company, let us do them all. We can easily make a list of games announced too far out for Sony, MS, Nintendo, Ubisoft, etc... This isn't anything unique to a specific company.

Strootman

Added Battletoads and Gears of War 4 to my list.

I realized that my list is entirely comprised of exclusive franchises. I'm sure Microsoft will spend time on some multiplats though.

Like say, Battlefield 1? Is there a list of known multiplats that are going to appear at the conference that I can add to my list?
Dishonored 2 and probably the new ghost recon

Chris1

Come now, if you're going to call out one company, let us do them all. We can easily make a list of games announced too far out for Sony, MS, Nintendo, Ubisoft, etc... This isn't anything unique to a specific company.

I'm not saying MS doesn't do it, I even agree they did in the post you just quoted you don't have to be so defensive. I just don't think you can lump Recore among those games when it'll be announced and released within a ~12 month window barring any further delays, how is that too early? When do you want them to announce a new IP? 1-4 month before release? Lol

Quantum Break was announced far too early I agree, Scalebound and Crackdown aswell I agree, but Scalebound and Crackdown was already leaked by ntkrnl, may aswell come out with it instead of waiting a year then going "surprise! Crackdown 3 and Scalebound" when we'd known about it for over a year.

It's like the Bioshock(and previously Arkham) remaster.. Just come out with it already instead of acting like it's top secret information, everyone knows it's coming there's no reason to hold it back.

Sydle

Part of what excites me about Rare's future is seeing what the current talent at Rare could do with some of their older franchises. If their IPs just keep getting outsourced constantly, then that implies that Rare themselves are incapable of making worthy sequels to their IPs, and I think that's stupid. Let them have a chance of working on their own IPs.

Maybe they don't want to focus on old stuff, or they are more excited by their new ideas? Perhaps they'd rather work on the new stuff internally while overseeing development of an old IP?

I'd prefer they do what they want instead of being made to do one or the other.

I just want them to follow how they did their announcements last year with SoT, Recore, HW2 etc. Announce games we'll be playing within a 1.5 year period.

I think all of my examples were legitimate. ReCore has gone an entire year with nothing but a CG trailer, even if it launches this fall. And it was supposed to be out this spring!

If we're going to call out Sony for showing stuff too early, all the companies are fair game. Don't even get me started on Nintendo.

T.O.P

Banned
I was tiepid in the last couple of weeks for this E3 but i'm getting really pumped now

Lots of game to look forward to

I think all of my examples were legitimate. ReCore has gone an entire year with nothing but a CG trailer, even if it launches this fall. And it was supposed to be out this spring!

If we're going to call out Sony for showing stuff too early, all the companies are fair game. Don't even get me started on Nintendo.

To be fair to MS, Sunset Overdrive was announced with a CGI trailer and was out the next year. Don't see why ReCore can't do the same, we know it hasn't been Phantom Dusted.

Chris1

I think all of my examples were legitimate. ReCore has gone an entire year with nothing but a CG trailer, even if it launches this year. And it was supposed to be out this spring!

Yea they jumped the gun with that release date, there was no way it was coming out in Spring 2016, everyone but Microsoft knew that apparently lol. But if it came out in Spring we would have saw a lot more than a CG trailer, but since it was delayed it makes sense to just show it at E3 instead.

If it gets pushed back to 2017 (which I don't think it will personally, because like Calamity said above, Sunset had the same treatment as Recore and that turned out fine, but we'll see), then I agree it was announced too early but 2016 is still fine IMO.. any earlier and it's too early for a new IP, very few games can do a launch like that and be successful let alone a new IP.

I'd love it if all games were revealed within 12 months of release too, but that's an unrealistic expectation that will never happen for a new IP. So 1.5 years is a good amount to me but any longer and you're just taking the piss :p

daTRUballin

Maybe they don't want to focus on old stuff, or they are more excited by their new ideas? Perhaps they'd rather work on the new stuff internally while overseeing development of an old IP?

You're right. It's definitely better if Rare does what they want, but if it's true they're content with being a "new IP factory" and they don't want to work on any of their older IPs, then I think it's a bit of a shame.

But I guess that's sort of what Naughty Dog has become in recent years as well. They haven't made Crash or Jak & Daxter games in ages, and would rather focus on new things like Uncharted or TLoU (Uncharted isn't really that new anymore, but you get what I mean). I doubt they're also working on the new rumored Crash game as well.

So I guess if Rare wants to go down a similar path, then I guess that's alright by me. But I just think it'd be great if they brought back some older IPs themselves just like they did various times last gen.

To be fair to MS, Sunset Overdrive was announced with a CGI trailer and was out the next year. Don't see why ReCore can't do the same, we know it hasn't been Phantom Dusted.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't think it's been cancelled. Pretty sure MS even tweeted about it today. And I do believe it'll be out this year.

Ennosuke

Ms is losing me... I barely use my xbox one for gaming. From the upcoming games, only scalebound is interesting. Maybe another FH, but not sure yet.

I hope that they can create some excitment again.

blakep267

Dishonored 2 and probably the new ghost recon
Ghost recon looks to have Sony Marketing

Last year 3rd parties We're
- PVZ2
-Fallout4
-Dark Souls 3
- Division(?) maybe I'm misremembering
- Tomb Raider

- so if you have Battlefield and Dishonored, I expect there to be at least 1 more game and the rest of the time be given to MS games. So I'm looking at either For Honor, Mass Effect or maybe they bring back Division or Fallout4( hopefully not) for DLC

shingi70

Banned
Two of my predictions.

A new RPG IP that isn't Scakebounds or Recore.

-New premium assecory hardware to accompany with the Elite branding.

Zedox

That's totally fine by me. The more new IPs the better...this generation has been missing some good new ip from my opinion. I'm hoping ReCore, Sea of Thieves, and Scalebound really do good. I loved Quantum Break (I hope it sold well enough for a sequel, and I can wait after Alan Wake 2) and SSO (still gotta beat it).

I'm excited for E3 and gamescom since I know we won't get everything at E3 and gamescom can show us what's coming in 2017.

Granjinha

Really? I totally expected that. I think it may come out in August or September (i'm leaning more towards September).

Yeah, i didnt lol i don't expect it for halo wars 2 too

man i want alan wake 2 so much

it could be one of MS's surprises :c

blakep267

I can see them doing Forza horizon 3 in either August or September. Gears and Recore in October. And Halo wars in November

And I guess Beta for SoT would maybe start in the Summer

Zedox

Yeah, i didnt lol i don't expect it for halo wars 2 too

man i want alan wake 2 so much

it could be one of MS's surprises :c

I think if they announce Alan Wake 2, it will be at gamescom. I mean, it would be awesome for E3 but I think if it does come out it would be a late 2017-2018 game. They may just keep it for next years E3 (where I feel would be a proper place to show it).

I know one thing...I need more time.

I think this conference could be huge. I doubt they love the position they're in, and they have every means of fighting back really hard. I don't know if it'll be this E3 conference, but I feel like this one could be big for them depending on what they have ready to announce or show.

ekim

I think this conference could be huge. I doubt they love the position they're in, and they have every means of fighting back really hard. I don't know if it'll be this E3 conference, but I feel like this one could be big for them depending on what they have ready to announce or show.

The lists floating around here are indicating a really good lineup with a lot of good games and all of them will be the this or next year.

SOR5

I think if they announce Alan Wake 2, it will be at gamescom. I mean, it would be awesome for E3 but I think if it does come out it would be a late 2017-2018 game. They may just keep it for next years E3 (where I feel would be a proper place to show it).

I know one thing...I need more time.

Do you think other eurocentric arty games will be kept for gamescom along with Alan Wake 2?

The lists floating around here are indicating a really good lineup with a lot of good games and all of them will be the this or next year.

They really fired off too early on the "greatest lineup" thing last year, but it really does look like a nice list

ekim

Do you think other eurocentric arty games will be kept for gamescom along with Alan Wake 2?

They really fired off too early on the "greatest lineup" thing last year, but it really does look like a nice list

Yes. This years lineup is subjectively way better.

Sea of Thieves is so unappealing to me right now. Hopefully I'll like it when I see more. Right now it reminds me of the fable legends beta. I want cyberpunk, mecha, sports, anime, strategy.

Chris1

Yes. This years lineup is subjectively way better.

Well that tagline was including 2016 :p

But yeah, this years lineup looks way better if all the games are as good as they could be. Too early to say if this years is better but it's definitely got potential.

Sea of Thieves is so unappealing to me right now. Hopefully I'll like it when I see more. Right now it reminds me of the fable legends beta. I want cyberpunk, mecha, sports, anime, strategy.

They have to do a beta for SoT, too many people aren't sure about it and the art style will put people off. They need a good beta otherwise I'm not sure if the game will sell. It stinks of The Division all over again, nobody caring about it until the beta. A good beta can go a long way.

Zedox

As a One Piece fan...I gotta become the Pirate King. If they can let be wear a straw hat...they got a sale. Yes, it will be that easy. GOMU GOMU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

blakep267

As a One Piece fan...I gotta become the Pirate King. If they can let be wear a straw hat...they got a sale. Yes, it will be that easy. GOMU GOMU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah. SoT has to let me have some powers to go along with my other pirate gear

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Who's the second developer in the pink? I know Sakaguchi and Kamiya. I recognize the 2nd developer not sure from where though.

I just hope for one more MS funded Japanese game on top of Scalebound and ReCore. JRPG preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom