• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

So by this point Halo 2 Anniversary was the worst kept secret in the industry. Anyone think H3A is happening?

Historically MS has announced the anniversary titles at E3 the year of release (2011,2014) so I know we are a year early but they did do Gears Ultimate a year early.

Honestly my dream scenario is the recreate the Halo 3 Finish the Fight trailer with their shiny new graphics. 2017 release date fully optimized for Scorpio but also Xbone compatible.

I doubt they make a H3A there is no need

Chris1

So by this point Halo 2 Anniversary was the worst kept secret in the industry. Anyone think H3A is happening?

Historically MS has announced the anniversary titles at E3 the year of release (2011,2014) so I know we are a year early but they did do Gears Ultimate a year early.

Honestly my dream scenario is they recreate the Halo 3 Finish the Fight trailer with their shiny new graphics at this years E3. 2017 release date fully optimized for Scorpio but also Xbone compatible.

They didn't do Gears UE a year early did they? Edit: It was announced E3 2015 and released a few month later.

I think Halo 3 will happen, I know it doesn't make much sense since it's in MCC anyways but they'll do it just to keep up tradition I reckon and it should sell pretty decent, and it gives them a Halo game in 2017 before Halo 6 in 2018.

Honestly my dream scenario is they recreate the Halo 3 Finish the Fight trailer with their shiny new graphics at this years E3. 2017 release date fully optimized for Scorpio but also Xbone compatible.

Don't forget Windows 10: "And this September for the first time ever you will be able to Finish the fight on Windows 10 ladies and gentleman this is Halo 3 Anniversary"

SpartanN92

Banned
They didn't do Gears UE a year early did they? Edit: It was announced E3 2015 and released a few month later.

I think Halo 3 will happen, I know it doesn't make much sense since it's in MCC anyways but they'll do it just to keep up tradition I reckon and it should sell pretty decent, and it gives them a Halo game in 2017 before Halo 6 in 2018.

H3A does make sense because they fucked MCC up so bad. There isn't a healthy population of players.

H3A would fix that (at least on the Halo 3 side of things)

blakep267

Yeah I really don't see the need for Halo 3. Unless they do a full remake of it with Halo 5 controls. I'm in the camp of leave old halo in the past where it belongs

Plus I'd rather have them out that effort to a new genre for Hapo naive me ODST as a division type game

Thank you!

After Halo 5 I'm just sorta not feeling where the franchise is headed. Give me a H3A and I will never complain again lol

Same. I miss normal Halo gameplay, no sprints or thrusters. If 343i wanted the game to be faster they should have just amped up the movement speed. I am curious where Halo 6 will go story wise, but I'm positive it wont be a triumphant return.

Sydle

It also gives them a mainline Halo on PC.

If it's the the only way to access the first Halo 6 beta then it will sell just fine.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It also gives them a mainline Halo on PC.

If it's the the only way to access the first Halo 6 beta then it will sell just fine.

Yea PC players have been asking for Halo 3 for a decade now, and Halo 3 Anniversary with kick ass graphics at $30/$40 will be huge.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

blakep267

There are a lot of xbox gold sales recently. Anyone think they will drop the multiplayer requirement to silver match pc market?
Honestly I don't think so. It's like, either you build a PC and play there or pay for Gold on Xbox. i don't see any reason for them to do so. If Sony dropped paid PSN then they'd probably move, but I don't see W10 forcing their hand. Gold revenue is too much

Yea PC players have been asking for Halo 3 for a decade now, and Halo 3 Anniversary with kick ass graphics at $30/$40 will be huge.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

That is why I'm saying that Halo 3 Anniversary only makes sense on Windows 10 due to the lack of a proper Halo 3 port on PC

etta

my hard graphic balls
That is why I'm saying that Halo 3 Anniversary only makes sense on Windows 10 due to the lack of a proper Halo 3 port on PC
They wouldn't release it only on PC lol.
Unless you're saying they have even more incentive to make H3A now with Windows 10 in play, which I agree with.

They wouldn't release it only on PC lol.
Unless you're saying they have even more incentive to make H3A now with Windows 10 in play, which I agree with.

Yeah what I was trying to say is that a Windows 10 version adds more fuel to the fire and it's perfect for their new vision

Halo 1 Anniversary Anniversary.

Well your wish has been already granted

HALO_CE_Anniversary_Cover.jpg

Halo-Master-Collection.png

pitchfork

Really hope we get a decent look at whatever Undead Labs has cooked up following on from State of Decay. This and a new AoE has me most hyped in regards to the rumors, with Gears 4 top of my list for games that are confirmed

SpartanN92

Banned
H3A will happen. You just have to accept that.

I would rather 343i start thinking about some post-Halo ideas because the series isn't going to sell what it used to.

It won't sell what it used to if it continues down its current path... So they have to do something differently than they currently are.

I'm really curious about Recore. I want to know what that game is all about.

It won't sell what it used to if it continues down its current path... So they have to do something differently than they currently are.

I completely agree but I think that the path for the series was set in stone through at least Halo 6. Halo 5's relatively poor sales wouldn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom