• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I hope they go Fall 2017, launch with Vega and HBM2, and call it the start of a new generation, since 1.3-6 TF is far too large, and THEN do iterative cycles based on the new architecture with unified RAM pool.

So, where's everyone watching the show?

I usually end up on one of the big sites on my iPad but am thinking about watching it on the XBO this year... not sure.

wachie

Sometime later? That's common sense, Phil on record saying there's going to be a next gen xbox. That doesn't say much depending on the context. That's just as vague as phil original comments.

I'll do it if they give a rough time frame (yearly iterations,2017,soon,etc). If releases 2016 I win If not you do ?
I'm in with no set of large conditions you put in.

They will talk about a more powerful Xbox and it won't release this year.

Zedox

It's really not hard to figure out what MS will say about "scorpio"...it will come into play when MS is discussing the Xbox platform, powered by UWP and Xbox Live (if you've been paying attention to MS, that's what they say). Phil will talk about "The Future of Xbox" with those things in mind and what they can do with that power. Don't look for anything like specs, how the box will look like, etc... It will be something like "With the power of UWP and XBL, newer consoles can give you richer experiences that you expect to have out of a new box."

That's the most reasonable way to think about how they talk about Scorpio. Maybe some more detail and stuff but that will be the gist of it.

icespide

Banned
It's really not hard to figure out what MS will say about "scorpio"...it will come into play when MS is discussing the Xbox platform, powered by UWP and Xbox Live (if you've been paying attention to MS, that's what they say). Phil will talk about "The Future of Xbox" with those things in mind and what they can do with that power. Don't look for anything like specs, how the box will look like, etc... It will be something like "With the power of UWP and XBL, newer consoles can give you richer experiences that you expect to have out of a new box."

That's the most reasonable way to think about how they talk about Scorpio. Maybe some more detail and stuff but that will be the gist of it.

and then Phil slowly reveals a tattoo on his arm that says "6 tera flops"

and then Phil slowly reveals a tattoo on his arm that says "6 tera flops"

White-number---6---six-T-Shirts.jpg

ora-della-terra.jpg

130714122427-02-belly-flop-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Banamy

I really think they will show a teaser of the graphical capabilities for scorpio, and annoucing all xbxx 360, xbox one, and Windows 10 games will be available on scorpio.

The asterisks are there to emphasize on the verbal aspect. Yes.

I'm living in bizzaro world then lol

It can't be Fall 2017 then. It's going to be really really interesting to see how they position this. The marketing team and agencies have probably been on "crunch" for three months to try and work out what to fucking say :)

FordGTGuy

Banned
It's not launching in Spring, that's when they'll unveil it. Just like surfacebook, and u get it at a different date.

Considering the amount of teasing and people saying it will be at E3 I beg to differ.

Arthur Gies straight up was willing to bet money against Tom Warren that Scorpio is going to be at E3.

You don't tease a console that's 18 months out.

The entire case for Holiday 2017 is based on rumors from sources that admit they don't know the exact date it will be announced or released.

Chris1

I'm in with no set of large conditions you put in.

They will talk about a more powerful Xbox and it won't release this year.
I'd do it I just don't want to fall into the trap of them vaguely mentioning it without actually mentioning it then losing the bet because of it :p

like.. "Today we are happy to share our vision for the future of Xbox. The Xbox One generation will last forever, no longer will generations be reset. Our plan is to release more powerful hardware within a generation to keep up with the tech industry changes, all games will work on your box one, and the benefit to gamers is that their games will always follow them through the updated hardware with improvements to the games. etc etc"

Technically you'd still win that bet but they don't announce or even really mention Scorpio... I could see them do something like that, but not "announce" scorpio in any capacity if it's not out this year.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It's not launching in Spring, that's when they'll unveil it. Just like surfacebook, and u get it at a different date. Maybe a month or so later at least.

I dont buy it.

Surface Pro

Surface Book

Surface Phone

MS Watch

Xbox

It would be too much and too overwhelming for 1 event. So I definitely expect two separate events.

JaggedSac

It's not launching in Spring, that's when they'll unveil it. Just like surfacebook, and u get it at a different date. Maybe a month or so later at least.

The more I think about it, the less likely they announce it at the same event as the new Surface devices. These console launch announcement events require a lot of time spent showing games and demos, they wouldn't spend that much time at a Surface event on this.

Linkified

I'm living in bizzaro world then lol

It can't be Fall 2017 then. It's going to be really really interesting to see how they position this. The marketing team and agencies have probably been on "crunch" for three months to try and work out what to fucking say :)

Of course it can be fall 2017 they have to talk about it and have an olive branch ready in the winds for consumers who have recently bought a XBO. Plus give us the general platform rules like it will be every 4 years a new box and give us the retail name ie Xbox Two. Then move on.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I dont buy it.

Surface Pro

Surface Book

Surface Phone

MS Watch

Xbox

It would be too much and too overwhelming for 1 event. So I definitely expect two separate events.

Just makes too much sense not to release it along side Redstone and the rest of their hardware.

i

love

you

and i'm gonna hate you if it doesn't happen :(

the first source that told me this has checked out on everything else he's told me, so i have no reason to doubt them :)

however, DO make a note that i have never said that it'll be revealed at e3. i have no idea when sunset and halo 5 will be shown for pc. but they're coming.

Granjinha

the first source that told me this has checked out on everything else he's told me, so i have no reason to doubt them :)

however, DO make a note that i have never said that it'll be revealed at e3. i have no idea when sunset and halo 5 will be shown for pc. but they're coming.

oh, ok lol

i swear it was supposed to come at E3, but i'll keep my expectations in check, then :)

although i do think it's likely to appear, given MS is confirmed for the PC gaming conference

Of course it can be fall 2017 they have to talk about it and have an olive branch ready in the winds for consumers who have recently bought a XBO. Plus give us the general platform rules like it will be every 4 years a new box and give us the retail name ie Xbox Two. Then move on.

For consumers that's really devisive then. Buy an Xbox One now for X, buy an Xbox One Slim in a few months for X or buy an Xbox Scorpio in 16 or so months time.

It's a very risky move to make as you don't know how the market is going to move but it will make for the most interesting of NPD threads lol

viHuGi

Banned
I hope they go Fall 2017, launch with Vega and HBM2, and call it the start of a new generation, since 1.3-6 TF is far too large, and THEN do iterative cycles based on the new architecture with unified RAM pool.

No way they will alienate and lose >20m customers which will be pissed.

Most likely this is a upgrade that will run Xbox One games with better Shadows, Lod etc etc and not a true next gen so dont expect that.

True Next Gen is 2011/2022.

Are they coming as actual uwp ports or through Helix or something else?

I have a strong feeling Ms will find a way to make 100% of xbone games compatible with Pc, but will also allow the titles to be updated as uwp so pc and scorpio users can put the extra power at work.

Why break away from xbone?

They should (and would) if the console couldn't run the universal platform. But since it does it's a no brainer.

Are they coming as actual uwp ports or through Helix or something else?

I have a strong feeling Ms will find a way to make 100% of xbone games compatible with Pc, but will also allow the titles to be updated as uwp so pc and scorpio users can put the extra power at work.

That much I haven't heard anything about. Just that it is coming to PC.

Dabanton

Sunset Overdrive allegedly coming for PC tells me a sequel is very possible.

Would hate to see MS abandon what was a great new IP. But if a sequel does come how about releasing at a sensible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom