• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinha

Sunset Overdrive allegedly coming for PC tells me a sequel is very possible.

Would hate to see MS abandon what was a great new IP. But if a sequel does come how about releasing at a sensible time.

i don't see them doing a new sunset when they abandoned alan wake (which did better in sales)

i could be wrong tho

2686957-ichoiqdi24yzm.png

No, that's Hamish Beamish who stayed warm outside of cryo by burning crew mates hair. Get your facts straight.

I guess we'll see, but I have absolutely no reason to doubt it regardless of what Stinkles says - and that's not a slight against him. :)

I'm wondering if your source got mixed up with Halo 5 forge on PC and that's all it is.

Zedox

Well for PC gamers, if MS could have other devs and themselves use the UWP conversion tool for old XBO games to put it on PC, that'll actually be awesome. That's something that they could announce at the PC Game conference. Maybe in the future.

icespide

Banned

Would hate to see MS abandon what was a great new IP. But if a sequel does come how about releasing at a sensible time.

rumor is Insomniac is busy with a certain web slinger

EvB

Need SO 2 on Scorpio...

Buy Tony Hawk PS 5, turn the saturation up to 100, a YouTube video of Nolan North's greatest quips and boom! Sunset overdrive 2

Of course you'll have to pretend this whole setup is intentionally Janky and self aware.

RoKKeR

rumor is Insomniac is busy with a certain web slinger

Insomniac is a multi-project studio these days. It's not out of the question.

I also love waking up and seeing what new tidbits have been teased in this thread. I do expect them to "talk" about Scorpio, but nothing much past that. Perhaps a release window?

Linkified

For consumers that's really devisive then. Buy an Xbox One now for X, buy an Xbox One Slim in a few months for X or buy an Xbox Scorpio in 16 or so months time.

It's a very risky move to make as you don't know how the market is going to move but it will make for the most interesting of NPD threads lol

This is why they need their olive branch strategy already planned out like if you have owned and played on both one and a 360 you get a discount on a Scorpio and maybe length of a how many years you have subscribed to Gold. Have a website ready to go and you print your coupon boom.

Also at this stage I think they more care about MAU and subbers. Hence the idea above and better selections for games with golds and the disregard to platform exclusives and moving to brand exclusives.

Leyasu

Banned
Buy Tony Hawk PS 5, turn the saturation up to 100, a YouTube video of Nolan North's greatest quips and boom! Sunset overdrive 2

Of course you'll have to pretend this whole setup is intentionally Janky and self aware.
I honestly can't even manage a "lol".

SO is a good game that is gorgeous to boot.. I also keep forgetting to but the season pass.

This is why they need their olive branch strategy already planned out like if you have owned and played on both one and a 360 you get a discount on a Scorpio and maybe length of a how many years you have subscribed to Gold. Have a website ready to go and you print your coupon boom.

Also at this stage I think they more care about MAU and subbers. Hence the idea above and better selections for games with golds and the disregard to platform exclusives and moving to brand exclusives.

You make compelling counter points, I can
almost
see you being right ;)

Xumbrega

Banned
This is not the right thread to ask this but, it's really weird.

Have you guys received a message from Xbox Live saying "Xbox 360 Dashboard" and nothing else? lol

GatLIkX.jpg

Nothing happens also, it's just a message. lol

I think you'll find the SSOD team is busy with other ventures at the moment...

SPDIF

Have you guys received a message from Xbox Live saying "Xbox 360 Dashboard" and nothing else? lol

I haven't, but from a quick search on Twitter it seems like a lot of other people have.

GatLIkX.jpg

With the image in b&w it looks like something from the Twilight Zone.

Still speculating...

Xbox UI is Steam like client to launch UWA titles.
1st Party games coming to PC. (Cross-play? Cross-buy?)

I'm expecting the Xbox Dashboard becomes almost completely like the Xbox App on Windows, or vice versa, with the Xbox app becoming a mirror image of the Xbox Dashboard.

Then the barriers between the Xbox and PC are fully down to pure hardware differences. Both play the same games. Both have the same store. Both can be used in VR.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

GatLIkX.jpg

I wonder if there will be a way to access the 360 dashboard from the Xbox One and when accessed the Xbox One turns into and acts like a 360? That would be weird though, but I imagine if they want to connect everything... It's possible?

ekim

I think I can answer *some* questions about already announced or leaked titles. Please no questions about release dates. :)

SOR5

I think I can answer *some* questions about already announced or leaked titles. Please no questions about release dates. :)

Phantom Dust?

Who? When? How? Why? Literally anything

And if thats a no go, is Battletoads a faithful successor with variable levels of gameplay

Thanks for all the info provided before btw ekim, top stuff

What upcoming Xbox game this year are you most looking forward to?

What upcoming Xbox game next year are you most looking forward to?

ekim

Phantom Dust

Who

When

How

And if thats a no go, is Battletoads a faithful successor with variable levels of gameplay

Thanks for all the info provided before btw ekim, top stuff

I highly doubt any of the two will appear.

What's the crackdown multiplayer stuff this summer? Beta or F2P standalone? Or something else?

I don't know that.

What upcoming Xbox game this year are you most looking forward to?

What upcoming Xbox game next year are you most looking forward to?

I will just answer in general which games I'm looking most forward to without any year attached:
Forza Horizon 3 & Sea of Thieves

How do you know it's a movie tie-in?

Because if all the rumors are true, then it has to be a movie-tie in as Sony only owns the film rights to Spider-man.

I don't think it's a particular downgrade if true. Insomniac gets to put their stamp on the most popular superhero in the world, to coincide with a movie release.

If everything works out, that would be great for fans of the hero and the studio itself due to exposure and success as a result of the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom