• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

I'm interested but damn.......this means most of the conference will be more about the system than games. This possibly does not bode well for a meaty game conference. I'm getting Sony PS3 reveal type E3 conference which sucked so bad

Phil's been very clear there's no point in showing or revealing Scorpio unless they had "the games" to show it off. So I'd expect it to be just as game heavy as any other E3.

link2021

oh fiddly stick that 5:00 est i would still be at work time to use pto for this the runtime might be longer if it sunday

bfrye26

Neo Member
First time on Sunday
C4uYdVvVMAMUlyH.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/xbox/status/831926435690328064

They have actually done Sunday before, namely for the Kinect announcement.

Quonny

Not liking early Sunday timeslots. Evenings were fine, but this chops up the weekend if I want to watch it. Basically have to hold the whole day.

kennyamr

So now Microsoft is on Sunday, Sony will stay on Monday, and finally we have Nintendo on Tuesday.

If that's correct, then each of the big 3 will have their own hype day...

And Sony/Nintendo will have more time to plan a response if ever necessary.

Well, i'm happy it's a Sunday. Gives me enough time to prepare for it and watch it properly on a big screen. Instead of a Monday when i work and not supposed to look for videogames stuff at work.

Can't wait to finally see what Project Scorpio is all about. Kind of bummed that they didn't opt to do an early reveal with more details at E3, but oh well...

gamz

I'm equally excited about the specs as what it looks like. If it's anything like the Xbox One S we are in for a treat.

Sunday? That is fucking awesome!

Wonder if it will be longer than the normal 90 minutes if they don't have to schedule it around live TV? Then again, 90+ minutes to show off about 6 games.....

;)

Theorry

I think Xbox 4K is the most logical name.

It brings the numbering system back to normal and they can then name the console after that Xbox 5.

Thats is bad marketing as the Xbox 720 with the first games being 720p.
Calling your console 4K is waiting for a problem when one dev doesnt hit 4K or wants 1080p.

I think Xbox 4K is the most logical name.

It brings the numbering system back to normal and they can then name the console after that Xbox 5.

Hmm... I'd like that idea more if it didn't seem to conflict with all of their marketing for the Xbox One S. I don't think the name can rely on the inclusion of 4K. I'd normally say something like "Xbox Pro", but Sony swooped in on that one already.

All I've got is "Xbox... something", but I don't think they'll put a number on it.

Guess no gaf time for me from sunday night til the monday afternoon. I really love making a big deal out of E3 when my kid gets in form school, ordering food in etc and MS conference at monday dinner time was perfect. Even if it has to be faux live, I can't give this up haha.

Hmm... I'd like that idea more if it didn't seem to conflict with all of their marketing for the Xbox One S. I don't think the name can rely on the inclusion of 4K. I'd normally say something like "Xbox Pro", but Sony swooped in on that one already.

All I've got is "Xbox... something", but I don't think they'll put a number on it.

Elite?

Ok, fuck it, I've got one! Xbox Infinite.

It plays off of their strange use of numbers and feeds into their marketing talk about "consoles beyond generations".

I made this post before I saw your reply! I'd say elite if they hadn't already burned that with the Xbox One as well.

Well, I expect half of the conference to be about Scorpio and the wonders of native 4k, high res VR and a severe absence of new games. Probably a CGI trailer of an interesting game with 50% chance of being cancelled.

Ugh, they're waiting until E3 to unveil Scorpio :l

Was hoping they would do an event beforehand to talk about it and have E3 for only games. Makes me worried for what games they'll be showing at their E3 conference.

Announcing it this early.

Ms really like to forget there is 12 months in a year and not the last 4 where the majority of their games come out now.

So after halo wars 2 nothing else from ms until e3?

AAMARMO

Banned
Conferences are not part of E3. You have to be invited for those

Yeah but i wonder if they thought people would get confused and turn up anyway on the Monday.

Announcing it this early.

Ms really like to forget there is 12 months in a year and not the last 4 where the majority of their games come out now.

So after halo wars 2 nothing else from ms until e3?

Scale..... oh wait your right.

Majine

Banned
Well, I expect half of the conference to be about Scorpio and the wonders of native 4k, high res VR and a severe absence of new games. Probably a CGI trailer of an interesting game with 50% chance of being cancelled.

In either case, I expect the reaction from people will be "There are games here, but I can play those on my existing Xbox One and I can't tell the visual difference on this stream".

gamz

Ugh, they're waiting until E3 to unveil Scorpio :l

Was hoping they would do an event beforehand to talk about it and have E3 for only games. Makes me worried for what games they'll be showing at their E3 conference.

They did that with Xbox One S last year. I'd rather have on big blow out conference.

I'm sure they'll be leaks before hand tho.

Dawn of the Scorpio? Hope it's along the lines of XB1 S in design and has a cool name, unlike PS4 Pro. Codenames are always way better

borges

Banned
I'm interested but damn.......this means most of the conference will be more about the system than games. This possibly does not bode well for a meaty game conference. I'm getting Sony PS3 reveal type E3 conference which sucked so bad

More negativity please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom