• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is reportedly asking for loaned consoles back from Brazilian websites after they criticized the price increase

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A loaned console is being asked back.

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

This is the biggest problem with the games media at the moment and has been for some time.

Yup ..been aware of this for years. Youtubers are just as corrupt with this and they have just as much sway as some media outlets.

- review copies are essentially "super ultimate collectors editions" ..for FREE

-free CONSOLES
-free AIRFARE and sometimes room and board at "preview events"
I don't know just how many get all of the above treatment but I suspect it's a lot

It's mind blowing how even after Phil Spencer's fakeness was exposed and his failings to deliver on promises, you still don't see any Xbox fans getting pissed off and turning on him.

The guy ran a total con job on gamers and Xbox owners. Has allowed franchises like Halo to be literally ruined. Has forced things like Cross Play and free to play on Xbox multiplayer games. Has failed with he's like Redfall, Starfield, and now Forza Motorsport (each in their own way a failure- 2 games without 60 fps;all 3 overhyped for what we got).

And now these buyouts happening which should terrify gamers but still people oblivious to it and some even cheering on consolidation.

Fuck it.

Three

BlueLyria

Biggest issue is not them asking for the consoles back, it's the timing and that it's the first thing we've heard from Xbox since the price increase news.

Tsaki

Sorry if I missed it, but why are Microsoft consoles so expensive in Brazil?
From what I gathered inflation and extremely high tariffs. But the new increase on the S is not caused by these since they stayed the same the past few years; I think the $ even became cheaper the past year(?). Having close to the same price as a PS5 now means, in my opinion, that MS doesn't want to lose money on the S anymore.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My man......you are incredibly one-sided on every issue concerning Microsoft. Everyone here can predict how you will respond to gotdang anything about Microsoft. Is your entire life dedicated to Microsoft?

To be fair, I had been tagged multiple times before I opened the topic. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GHG

My man......you are incredibly one-sided on every issue concerning Microsoft. Everyone here can predict how you will respond to gotdang anything about Microsoft. Is your entire life dedicated to Microsoft?

Listen, adamsapple adamsapple has a few *ahem* loaned goods that he would like to continue to make use of.

I dread to think what would happen to him should his toys be taken away from him.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
MS gives consoles - MS is bribing people to shill for them
MS takes consoles back - MS are pathetic and arrogant

Three

bqc53KO.jpg

Why not here?
I guess some of them might not be so comfortable openly sharing the fact that they get free products from MS that they then tell their audience to buy.

MS gives consoles - MS is bribing people to shill for them
MS takes consoles back - MS are pathetic and arrogant
Don't bribe them by giving it to them to say good things about xbox.
Don't bribe them by taking it away if they say bad things about xbox.

Paradox solved.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Hehe, yeah.. Well, then their lack of audience has spoken and they don't deserve to survive.

I have never understood why websites don't buy their own hardware and games. Most of them don't even bother to make a fucking disclaimer about their corrupted asses.
Microsoft wants to promote their shitty shit. Thus they giveaway their shit. When the media report on their shitty moves to increase prices on their shit. They do shitty moves. The result is nobody’s gives a crap about their shitty brand and the turds they produce.

All this is kind of shitty.

Last edited:

Nubulax

You know its bad when I can read ^^^^^ THAT... and my first guess at who you were responding to was correct lmao

Kataploom

Gold Member
Ooooof. This ought to end well for a company already irrelevant outside the US.
It is actually kinda popular in latam tho...

BTW, the ones in charge of Xbox in Brazil should be called out by Phil and Co. This already got out of control

Pelta88

So they didn't get the coverage they wanted and the Brazilian pr machine also highlighted the price increase, and as a result, XB asked for their consoles back?

Top Bottom