• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | December 2014 | Beta for the Holidays

malfcn

oVVKGAH.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

02 | The Crew
02 | Madden NFL 15 Holiday Edition
03 | Telltale's Game of Thrones - Iron from Ice
05 | Limbo
05 | Threes!
09 | Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
09 | Rabbids Invasion - Gold Edition
12 | Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreads - Director's Cut
14 | Killer Instinct Complete Collection
16 | Risk
16 | Tetris Ultimate
17 | Kalimba

Downloadable Content
09 | Destiny - The Dark Below

Apps
05 | Game Demo Central
09 | Khan Academy
09 | Showtime Anytime
16 | Bravo Now
16 | Popcornflix
16 | Telemundo Now
16 | The Scene

Halo 5: Guardians Beta
29 | Beta begins through January 18

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

02 | The Crew
03 | Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
03 | Telltale's Game of Thrones - Iron from Ice
09 | Juju

Downloadable Content
09 | Destiny - The Dark Below

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | Worms Battlegrounds
00 | Volgarr the Viking

Xbox 360
01 | The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief Episode 1
16 | SSX

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
11.07.14 | OS 6.2.11785.0 (xb_rel_1411.141104-1838) fre // Controller Firmware 1.1.2228.0

Custom Backgrounds
  • Each account on your Xbox One can have a customized background.
  • Choose a custom color as a theme or achievement art as your background image and those will show on any Xbox One that you Sign In on
    with your account.
  • Use the Media Player app to pick any JPG or PNG image off of a USB attached drive or a home media server that supports DLNA. While viewing a
    picture/photo in full screen mode, press the Menu button and choose “Set as background” – your custom image is stored locally on that Xbox One console.
Gamer Profile
  • Share your location and bio as part of your profile.
  • Select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console.
  • Use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format.
  • Use Xbox One SmartGlass to browse to other people’s profiles and check out their showcase items.
Tweet about your Favorite Game Clips
  • Share your favorite Xbox One game clips with your followers on Twitter.
Live TV Updates
  • Live TV Trending
    • Users in the U.S., Canada and the UK, will see a new “Trending” tab in OneGuide that displays the top 20 most watched TV shows,
      with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings.
    • The Live TV on Xbox trending list is updated by the minute, so you can easily discover shows that are popular with other viewers.
  • Twitter TV Trending
    • Users in the U.S. will see what Live TV is trending based on the highest number of tweets.
    • The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Live TV on Twitter first and Live TV on Xbox trending second.
  • Tweets in MiniGuide
    • Users in the U.S. will see the actual tweets for the Live TV shows in real time and quickly find the Twitter #hashtag to join the conversation.
  • Recents and Favorites in MiniGuide
    • MiniGuide has been updated to include your favorite TV channels in a combined Recents and Favorites area
    • MiniGuide can now be activated via voice by saying “Xbox Select – MiniGuide” while watching TV.
Internet Explorer (IE) Updates
  • From the Address Bar in Internet Explorer, you can easily snap from a full screen experience and move Internet Explorer into snap mode.
  • Internet Explorer will show a number when something is newly-added to featured sites.
  • Newly-added sites will also display a badge (denoted by an asterisk (*) in the upper right corner) until you launch them or seven days have
    passed since the site was added to the Featured list.
Xbox One Store Improvements
  • The Store pages on Xbox One have been improved to enable you to more quickly browse and find content.
  • Navigation buttons are moved to the far left so you can find them easier.
  • Quickly find game add-ons, perform store specific searches and recommendations are more prominently displayed.
  • Store categories have been standardized so you can easily see the top items in each query at a glance.
Restart Now
  • Cleanly power Cycle your console using the new Restart Now button available in the Settings area of the dashboard.
    Select Settings, Power & startup, and the new Restart Now button to shut down and restart your Xbox One console in cases where you need to
    refresh your IP address or to follow troubleshooting steps supplied on support.xbox.com.
Smartglass Updates
  • Friends’ Game Activity on SmartGlass allows you to see a list of your friends that have played a given game within the Xbox One SmartGlass experience.
  • For gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can browse “Free Games with Gold” and discounted content with Gold and initiate download
    of the content to your Xbox One console from your mobile device.
  • A new section for Apps designed to make it easier to find and download apps for your Xbox One.
  • A new Coming Soon filter for Games and Add-ons to make it easier to see upcoming Xbox One releases sorted by anticipated release date.
Additional Details
Xbox 360
09.04.14 | Dashboard 2.0.16767.0

Increase Storage Capacity
  • Support Hard Disk 500GB.

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

11.2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine
10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

I think this'll be the first month since launch that I don't buy anything.

I want to play Telltale's GoT, but I'll wait for the complete season discount.

Yup, Dead month for me. Already have the preview dash and no games coming out I want on Xbox or other platforms.

Halo 5 Beta is the only thing I'll be playing.

*Already bought the season pass for GoT on Steam.

Almost forgot, Destiny The Dark Below is out on Dec 9th. I'll be playing the hell out of that.

malfcn

Anyone know what the new December dash update did?

OS version: 6.2.11797.0 (xb_rel_1411.141124-1759) fre

Release date
12/1/2014

New or updated features

Wireless Broadcasting

Updated wireless broadcasting requirements for consoles in Europe.

Party Chat

Enhancements to improve 2-player party chat
Audio quality improvements

malfcn

Got a question for you guys, in System on one machine the XB1 says:
Name XBOX-SYSTEMOS, and the other
Name XboxOne

What does yours say? (unless you changed it.)

Looks like OS was the original name.
Now new factory is XboxOne.

Now it looks like I have a 5x5 code, that doesn't work and I don't remember where I got it from.
Huh, it was saved on a text file x2a. Must have made sense when I did that, but nope.

malfcn

Hate to make another post on a row. But we have another app: a portal to watch Khan Academy videos, pretty cool.

Might get Lords of the Fallen and Powerstar Golf then. Was hoping that the Evil Within season pass was going to be on sale.

Mdot

Hope this isn't too off topic, but I checked my network settings and speed and noticed that it says there are some services down; which don't look too severe. But I found my NAT is now Moderate. It was always Open. Could this outage effect that or should I change my settings somehow to correct this? Thanks Gaf

malfcn

Hope this isn't too off topic, but I checked my network settings and speed and noticed that it says there are some services down; which don't look too severe. But I found my NAT is now Moderate. It was always Open. Could this outage effect that or should I change my settings somehow to correct this? Thanks Gaf

Mine has always been Open.
Lately it is always Moderate.

And I need to do some updates.

malfcn

I have achievements for Maya unlocking and I didn't buy her. Also, some are unlocking on screen, and some aren't. The other day some friend notification were popping and not too.

Hey guys,

So I just bought my FIRST!!!! yes first Xbox console ever. I wish i could have made a new thread but i am not still able to do that it seems, so i decided to post here.

So yep my first Xbox as i said, but it won't be opened until Christmas. The system was bought for my children and me of course. So i was wondering are there any tips you guys can offer me, things i need to verify? things that i should look into setting up. Any fun things that can be done with the new OS.
Or if someone here knows of a site that has a video like Xbox for new users. lol

Thank you.

Mdot

There is some set up involved in terms of downloads before you can actually use it, so if your kids are going to be super excited to use it Christmas morning, you may want to set it up prior and get the system updated.

The Pandora app is nice, but Pandora already worked quite well from within the XB1 web browser. Now we need Spotify!

So I ended up getting Outlast and Whistleblower. Will probably wait on LotF but Murdered: Soul Suspect for $16 is enticing.

B4D1E

I guess January won't be huge but I bet we'll get the Screenshot feature on February. And don't forget end of January, it's rumored we'll get to see the new Os in line with Windows 10. I wonder what it'll look like and what's fundamentally changing.

malfcn

Had a weird bug where everything stopped working.

The controller desynced and wouldn't reconnect.
Dashboard became sluggish.
Kinect became inconsistent.
SmartGlass wouldn't work for submitting feedback.

Had to hard reboot.

I guess January won't be huge but I bet we'll get the Screenshot feature on February. And don't forget end of January, it's rumored we'll get to see the new Os in line with Windows 10. I wonder what it'll look like and what's fundamentally changing.

I'm expecting mid year for screenshots. February is far too optimistic.

Top Bottom