• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live End of Year Sale 2010

DasRaven

fna84 said:
hmmm is Limbo worth it at 800 points?

I got 2200 points for christmas.

Consensus is that Limbo is a serious contender for XBLA GOTY and definitely worth even the full 1200.
If you liked the trial/demo, just buy it.

soldat7

blurredvision said:
Damn you guys are fickle. A 33% discount is pretty damn good.

EDIT: Yes, I'm referring to Limbo only. :)

I think it was the Lara Croft game for 600 that set everyone's expectations.

Edit: I'm gonna buy. Who knows when Limbo will be on sale again.

I'm content with 33% off for Limbo, so I just grabbed it. That's the price I wanted it to be in the first place: $10 instead of $15.

Great deals all around. I even bought two of the Mass Effect 2 DLC packs - and I don't even own Mass Effect 2! I just figured, well, I'm sure I'm gonna pick it up eventually anyway...

790 points in my wallet. Damn you Limbo!!! I'm also out of the country unable to buy more points. I guess I'll bite the bullet and pay for points through Xbox.com.

Can't believe it. I bought Sonic Adventure last night because 400 points isn't a lot to ask for some Dreamcast nostalgia, but it's screwed me over for Limbo.

EDIT: Actually, I just realised that this is Age of Empire 3's fault. That lousy 10 point sale for AoE3 just made me pay £4.25 for 500 points. Bah!

Shoogoo

Ah fuck. I have ~1000pts left and wanted to buy both the new DLC for MtG (400) and Limbo (was hoping for 600). Now I'm fucked.

Dan Yo

Banned
Ya 600 would have been just right for Limbo. They would've sold gangbusters. Instead it sounds like most people will just opt out all together at 800. I know I will. I have enough to play that I can wait.

So many posts about not having enough points left on accounts.

I hope the next Xbox does away with points and straight up just uses proper currency.

EDIT: Why are people passing on Limbo just because it is 800 and not 600? The difference of 200 points is equal to $2.50 (at MSRP points vs $). Is $2.50 really enough to make you pass on one of the best games on 360?

DIrtyWeasel said:
Why are people passing on Limbo just because it is 800 and not 600? The difference of 200 points is equal to $2.50 (at MSRP points vs $). Is $2.50 really enough to make you pass on one of the best games on 360?

My guess is that people want to use as little points as possible on a very short game with virtually no replay value. Limbo has that stigma about it from what I've read in its OT.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
DIrtyWeasel said:
So many posts about not having enough points left on accounts.

I hope the next Xbox does away with points and straight up just uses proper currency.

EDIT: Why are people passing on Limbo just because it is 800 and not 600? The difference of 200 points is equal to $2.50 (at MSRP points vs $). Is $2.50 really enough to make you pass on one of the best games on 360?

I was hoping for 600 but I still bought it. The way I see it is I already saved around 2000 points what with all the specials on ME2 DLC, Hydra Thunder and Alan Wake DLC that the 200 difference between 33% and 50% is not enough to cut off ones nose. Hey, it might go on sale for 600 this time next year, but who knows.

soldat7

DIrtyWeasel said:

No thanks. I only get my MS points when they're on sale, so the current system saves me money.

soldat7 said:
No thanks. I only get my MS points when they're on sale, so the current system saves me money.
same here, I usually get my pts for half off, which I still forget any time I'm trying to decide if a game is worth it

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
soldat7 said:

And lets not forget about promotions/contests where you can get free points, especially the ones you can abuse :lol

osmosis

Neo Member
Got Limbo. Been waiting for a sale for a while now. Doubt it's going to get much cheaper than this for a long time.

DIrtyWeasel said:
Why are people passing on Limbo just because it is 800 and not 600?

I didn't pass on it, I just complained that Microsoft are being like that cheap friend who drives a BMW but makes you pay him $1 for gas if he gives you a five-minute ride across town.

Gowans

charlequin said:
Microsoft are being like that cheap friend who drives a BMW but makes you pay him $1 for gas if he gives you a five-minute ride across town.
:lol That's spot on for some of the stuff in this sale

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
charlequin said:
I didn't pass on it, I just complained that Microsoft are being like that cheap friend who drives a BMW but makes you pay him $1 for gas if he gives you a five-minute ride across town.

Hey, hey, that $1 goes towards wear and tear on the car! You think tyres, oil, bearings, air filters etc etc grow on trees?

:lol

RetroGreg

Well I was going to pass on Limbo at 800 because I have 1200 points left and was thinking that the new sale price for 1200 point games was now 600 so I could get 2 games out of it. I still have to make up my mind!

chixdiggit

DIrtyWeasel said:
Why are people passing on Limbo just because it is 800 and not 600? The difference of 200 points is equal to $2.50 (at MSRP points vs $). Is $2.50 really enough to make you pass on one of the best games on 360?

I'm passing because with the Steam sale going on the Xbox sale seems like highway robbery.

Sydle

Kusagari said:
I hate Xbox.com with every fiber of my being. I've been completely unable to get on it the past 2 days.

I've been on it every day for the last two weeks. Are you using something other than IE?

Kusagari

Paco said:
I've been on it every day for the last two weeks. Are you using something other than IE?

Yeah, I was using firefox and stupidly forgot to try it in IE. I don't know why the site randomly does this. It works for me most of the time in firefox and then it decides not to work for a week.

The game is ok... I'm not understanding the insane amount of praise for it though. I think I'll probably hold off.

toythatkills said:
About two hours in it goes all neon and there's a trippy Eurodance soundtrack

I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask if a game has any sound.

Shoogoo

Kusagari said:
Yeah, I was using firefox and stupidly forgot to try it in IE. I don't know why the site randomly does this. It works for me most of the time in firefox and then it decides not to work for a week.

I'm having that too. A little search in google led me to the firefox support and I saw that a lot of other people are having the same problem for a week or so. FF is aware of it I guess.

Top Bottom