• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live End of Year Sale 2010

Majora

I really liked Overlord, it has a different tone to most of the Mass Effect series, some nice outdoor areas, and made me jump on a couple of occasions. It has an excellent ending too. If you have to prioritise I'd buy it over Kasumi easily, but for 600 points all in I'd just recommend buying the lot, they're all entertaining, and all of them are among the best missions in ME2 as a a whole.

eek5

picked up shadow broker and overlord (skipping on kasumi)

patiently waiting for limbo still.. hopefully i'm not out of town when it goes on sale :|

eek5 said:
picked up shadow broker and overlord (skipping on kasumi)

Madness, her recruit mission, powers and new weapons the DLC introduces are by far some of the best in the game.

You'd have to be insane to pass on her. :/

eek5

Speedymanic said:
Madness, her recruit mission, powers and new weapons the DLC introduces are by far some of the best in the game.

You'd have to be insane to pass on her. :/

Can I pick her up if my save is already done with the game? Don't really feel like replaying

2San

Buying all three. Wondering if I should get Pinnacle Station(400points I think) for ME1 and do full a ME1+ME2 run. Is Pinnacle station worth it?

Chi-Town

2San said:
Buying all three. Wondering if I should get Pinnacle Station(400points I think) for ME1 and do full a ME1+ME2 run. Is Pinnacle station worth it?

Actually, I think Pinnacle Station is only 80 pts now.

Kweh

Was Overlord, Kasumi and LotSB the only mission DLC they released? Which order should they be played in?

Kweh said:
Was Overlord, Kasumi and LotSB the only mission DLC they released? Which order should they be played in?
There's Firewalker and Zaeed, too, but those are free.

You should definitely play Kasumi, Zaeed and Firewalker before you go on the Suicide Mission, and LotSB afterwards. Overlord doesn't really matter when you play it.

TwiztidElf

I got Castle Crashers, and wow. So LTTP. What a wonderful game. Playing local 3 player, and really enjoying it. So much more difficult and enjoyable than I expected.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Bought all the Mass Effect 2 DLC. I would buy so much more DLC if it were priced appropriately. Looks like MS/publishers are finally realizing this. :D

gdt

Quick question.

Can my brother play all of this arcade stuff on his profile (I bought it on mine, of course).

Is so, does that include DLC like Undead Nightmare?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
gdt5016 said:
Quick question.

Can my brother play all of this arcade stuff on his profile (I bought it on mine, of course).

Is so, does that include DLC like Undead Nightmare?
Yes, if they are on the console that they were bought on.

Shanks

How late will this sale be going eastern time? I get off work and will be home around 11 and I really don't want to miss the ME2 DLC!

amazing price on the dlc stuff for mass effect 2, bought all 3, will go down well with my only just started insane run which I need to finish at some point. So Awesome.

Yoshi said:
So, what's left accoring to that list?

December 29th:

Monday Night Combat
Semi-Pro
Plants vs. Zombies Mask

December 30th:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Sonic Adventure
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Car
The Notebook

December 31st:

Limbo
Yoda Green Lightsaber
Kick-Ass

Fable 3 & Halo Reach might factor in there somewhere, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Really hope MNC is 400msp, perfect price point for me and a few mates to pick it up. :D

Elixist

mr jones said:
Damn I missed the Hydro Thunder sale. :(

nelson_haha.jpg

I'm really enjoyin it playin local versus, my bro kicks my butt tho :(

abundant

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Does anyone know if both discs are needed to play the ME2 DLC? I don't want to install both if I don't have to.
Overlord and Stolen Memory can be played on either disc, but LOTSB has to be played on disc 2 unless you beat the campaign. (You can't access it until you beat Horizon).

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
luxarific said:
Bought all the Mass Effect 2 DLC. I would buy so much more DLC if it were priced appropriately. Looks like MS/publishers are finally realizing this. :D

Yeah but it's also an impulse buy because you know this deal is only for 24hrs, no one knows when it will drop from full price again. Could be 6 months, could be another few years and maybe not even at all.

It would be interesting to learn the statistics of sales over this holiday period.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so is the crackdown 2 dlc worth it?

thinkin about picking up the toy box dlc since deluge is multi centric and i dont kno anyone that still plays cd2 multi

Mofo

The worst thing about the HydroThunder sale? I bought it this morning for what I thought was going to be 400 points and then I look at my MS point balance and 1200 is missing. I swear it said 400 in the checkout box!

Mastah

As it was with Lara Croft, on Polish Marketplace there is only trial version of MNC. Yeah, you read it right, no full version, but hey, you can play trial to death. What kind of stupid shit is that? Thank God I didn't migrate my account :/.

Elixist

Grab MNC guys if you likey pvp shooters. Great fun it is (yoda), tight controls, good mechanics, diverse classes, neat artstyle. (TF2 ish in the char. design, but whatev) I hear that the pc version is superior tho so if you got that platform grab it there for the dedicated service an upgraded graphics.

S1kkZ

sonic stuff is up on xbox.com:

sonic 4 - 800 points
sonic adventure - 400 points
sonic 1-3 - 200 points
sonic knuckles - 120 points

Top Bottom