• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live End of Year Sale 2010

FrankT

Chiaroscuro said:
Tomorrow deals list is out:

Wednesday, December 22
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Arcade game (50% off)
- Pet Monkey avatar accessory (50% off)
- 13 Going on 30 from Zune Movies (50% off)

source: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/countdown2011/home

Lara Croft for 600 MS points is a pretty good deal IMO.

Lara at 600 should be insta-buy. Especially so now the co-op and free dlc is out too.

RetroGreg said:
Is there online for Lara Croft yet? I don't have anyone to play local with.

Yes.

soldat7

outunderthestars said:
XBL needs to have more sales, price reductions, and promos. WHile this sale is nice, these type of events need to happen more often.

I agree. I think more money would be spent especially on older games if this was the case.

ELIGIBLE CONTENT:

Arcade Games:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Castlevania Harmony of Despair
Perfect Dark
Monday Night Combat
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Sonic Adventure
Sonic and Knuckles
Limbo

Game Add-Ons:

Halo Noble Map Pack
Fable III Understone Quest Pack
Red Dead Redemption: Liars and Cheats
Red Dead Redemption: Legends and Killers
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Alan Wake: The Writer
Alan Wake: The Signal
Dance Central: I Gotta Feeling
Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
Mass Effect 2: Overlord
Mass Effect 2: Kasumi

2011 Glasses
Pet Monkey
Rock Band Keyboard Prop
Alan Wake raincoat
Kinect Sports Giant Foam Finger (Red)
Modern Warfare 2 UAV Prop
Fantasy Pets Minotaur
Cool Jobs: Policeman Outfit
Plants vs. Zombies Mask
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Car
Yoda Green Lightsaber
Free Premium Theme

Movies:

Layer Cake
13 Going on 30
The Spy Next Door
Wall Street
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Brothers
I am Legend
GAMER
Semi-Pro
The Notebook
Kick-Ass

Earn one entry by playing a multiplayer session of the following games:

Fable III
Halo: Reach

All of the clues on the dashboard pretty much confirms this. I bet the Sonic shit is gonna be on the 30th.. it's their "super secret" sale.

szaromir

Banned
soldat7 said:
I agree. I think more money would be spent especially on older games if this was the case.
Yeah, it's human psychology to buy stuff on sale even if one didn't want the product in the first place. It's especially scary when one has credit card. I avoid Steam at all costs during this period.

brentech

Appreciate the post as I've been busy on the PS3 with GT5, probably wouldn't have noticed this sale.
Picked up the other 2 RDR addons since I already had the Undead Nightmare pack (with my free 800 points from the November spend 2400 get 800). Good day!

If that list is accurate i'm buying the Halo Reach Noble map pack, Limbo and Alan Wake The Writer DLC.

Sucks that i bought Lara and Sonic 4 for full price though not that long ago.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
outunderthestars said:
XBL needs to have more sales, price reductions, and promos. WHile this sale is nice, these type of events need to happen more often.
They have a handful of items as Deal of the Week, every week. I agree that they should do more at a time, but they do sales consistently.

*glares at Nintendo*

LQX

Just the list. I have been looking at that pet monkey for awhile. If it does indeed go on sale it is mine.

Also the FREE glasses and premium theme is already up. Last years theme was pretty good.

def sim

Jtyettis said:
So noble map pack should be what 400? I'd take it.

That would be amazing, but I bet it's going to be 600. A bunch of previously 800 priced DLC were only reduced by 200, so it's likely.

gdt

I bought FO:NV Dead Money, Undead Nightmare, AW: The Writer (ugh, just saw it'll be on sale later), and Super Meat Boy.

Anything cool left for 360 points?

DSc

Gowans007 said:
Undead nightmare is mine for 600.

Still crossing fingers for ME2 DLC (Shadow Broker) & BFBC2 Onslaght Mode.

Selected Bad Company 2 content, including Onslaught mode, has had a price reduction. It's not advertised, but if you look for it it's there.

We hope that you're having a fantastic time playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. We have more exciting news regarding the previous Battlefield: Bad Company 2 add-ons for the PS3 and Xbox 360: we've reduced the prices!

Shortcut Kit - $14.99 (1200 MS Points)
VIP Pass - $9.99 (800 MS Points)
Onslaught - $4.99 (400 MS Points)
Shorcut Packs (4) - $4.99 (400 MS Points)

If you haven't experienced these yet, now is the time! They can be purchased via the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in-game store right now.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...ttlefield-bad-company-2-price-reductions.aspx

BigMack

Benjamin1981 said:
If that list is accurate i'm buying the Halo Reach Noble map pack, Limbo and Alan Wake The Writer DLC.

Sucks that i bought Lara and Sonic 4 for full price though not that long ago.

Well, you'll know next year not to buy anything from the Summer of Arcade promotion at full price since it seems MS will have them all on sale for Christmas.

I'm actually surprised they would make it this blatantly obvious (to anyone who pays attention that is). Think they did the same thing last year with the SoA games too.

Too much stuff on this list that I want. Was hoping for a sale on both Death Spank games and Costume Quest, but if the list is true, that is more than enough to keep me busy for quite a while.

BigMack

Looks like MS took down the "Enter and Win" thing from the dashboard, which had that list of eligible content. Must mean that the list posted is legit then.

Kujo

Daily Deals - Arcade titles

22nd: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 600MSP

23rd: Castlevania Harmony of Despair - 600/800MSP?

26th: Perfect Dark - 400MSP?

27th: Hydro Thunder Hurricane - 600/800MSP?

29th: Monday Night Combat - 600/800MSP?

30th: Sonic the Hedgehog - 120/160MSP?
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 120/160MSP?
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - 120/160MSP?
Sonic & Knuckles - 120/160MSP?
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - 600/800MSP?
Sonic Adventure - 400MSP?

31st: Limbo - 600/800MSP?

Speculation but this should be close

Proc

Does anyone have anything good to say about the online packs for read dead?

Sounds like getting undead nightmare on its own is the way to go.

MikeE21286 said:
grabbed the Undead Nightmare Collection today for 1200pts/$15

Not a bad deal.

I’m still annoyed that I got all the other Red Dead DLC just last week and missed out on all the specials!

Well at least I got Undead Nightmare at a decent price. That kinda softens the blow a little bit for me.....

jgkspsx

outunderthestars said:
Are you serious? They have these sales constantly, at least for Gold members. At least since October, when I got my 360.

outunderthestars said:
I agree. Basically, it needs to be more like Steam.

Top Bottom