• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - The December 2011 Thread

(I mean, it's unfair to think that way...lots of crap is being released for Android and iOS too, you just don't notice it as much)

I really don't think people ever go into App Store -> New Releases, the first thing they look at is likely New and Noteworthy which are hand picked/highlights ... so comparable zone on XBLIG would be the view with Kotaku's Faves/Contest Finalists...unfortunately the entry points/etc and the Game Type thing is kind of messed up but I hope they are going to fix it...

I agree. iOS is jam packed with garbage, but they know how to hide it well, and let the natural winners float to the top. I rarely check that marketplace, but when I do, the first thing I look for is New and Noteworthy, followed by Top Paid, then Top free. I don't do mobile gaming much, but somehow have a ton of games on there when they drop in price.

It's a pretty simple concept, and I'd imagine requires little to no work on MS' side to implement a nearly identical system. Obviously you can't have a top free, but maybe something like "recently dropped in price" or more community driven picks.

That goes into the whole concept of having a community manager again, but I'm not going to get started on that. Really, this is all something that can be solved quickly and easily for little to no money, and could really turn the XBLIG and WP7 market into something.....competitive.

aspragg

Neo Member
Hey gents... I'm Adam, the developer of Hidden in Plain Sight...

I finally made a NeoGAF account and just wanted to say what an honor it was to have been picked as a December game of the month (see the top of this thread), as well as having made a few "XBLIG Game of the Year" lists.

HIPS is a local-multiplayer only game, as you know, so it's clearly fighting an uphill battle with regard to sales. But I have to say, I've gotten so much positive feedback from it, with people going out of their way to tweet or email or otherwise message me their praise. It really makes all the effort worthwhile (even if the dollars aren't really rolling in).

Anyways, just wanted to say a brief "hey" and thanks. Hit me up @AdamSpragg on Twitter if you have any questions/comments.

Top Bottom