• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox + Microsoft FY24 Q3 Results: Total Gaming +51%, Content and Services +62% Hardware -31%

OIG1.Zm9a2sYKq1IJSIw9Q4Vf

Astray

Gold Member
GHG GHG did I misread this, or did the MS gaming business lose $350m this quarter alone?

is Microsoft accounting for the ABK transaction fee on those numbers ala Sony/Bungie, or is the Xbox division so much of a money drain, even the addition of ABK can't douse the financial blaze that's happening there?

twilo99

They spent 75 fucking billions to get it

I guess they could’ve bought BTC or bunch of real estate with it and that could potentially be a better investment?

Doesn’t really matter tho, they make ~80 fucking billion dollars in profit every 12 months so might as well spend it on some shit

Last edited:
When is the last time you saw any marketing for Xbox consoles?

The problem's bigger than marketing; I haven't seen too many PS5 adverts the past month either. I could usually count on them late-night randomly on Adult Swim whenever I actually bothered to turn on the TV, but not of late.

Not even sure if there have been commercials for Stellar Blade on TV yet. Haven't stumbled into any Switch commercials either, and like PS5 that system is still selling very well. Xbox's problems are much worst than lack of commercials/marketing at this point, when it comes to console sales.

GHG

GHG GHG did I misread this, or did the MS gaming business lose $350m this quarter alone?

is Microsoft accounting for the ABK transaction fee on those numbers ala Sony/Bungie, or is the Xbox division so much of a money drain, even the addition of ABK can't douse the financial blaze that's happening there?

Where are you seeing that?

I don't think without them they would have made a loss overall, it just means the "growth" would be flat/slightly down.

GHG

20 billion in profit? No wonder they don't care if xboxer loses a bit of cash. Not likely to "give up" any time soon.

Considering you said this about Microsoft's involvement (or lack of) in VR the other day why is your stance regarding Xbox so different?:

To be fair, vr is a money losing proposition generally, that only a small portion of gamers really want. What's the incentive?
(Ssying this as someone who enjoys vr)

Note: they were more than happy to give up on VR/AR eventually as well.

They might as well fully pivot away from hardware. 30% HW sales drop at a this phase of the generation is catastrophic, particularly how low they already were and the fact that the majority of sales is from the lower priced console. I'm not sure they can do anything to salvage the hardware business at this point since they tried everything and thrown an insane amount of money on it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yea, Xbox as a console is dead. Down again by 31%? Weren’t they down by around the same last quarter? The console is in free fall and nothing can save it at this point. No wonder they are putting their games on PS5 and Switch now and talking about next gen hardware already.
The ‘next gen early’ angle they are going for confuses me. As if people (and developers) will drop PS5 for another Xbox when they have no history of execution.

The free fall is terminal, the brand is in a death spiral.

For the longest time I would have felt obligated to challenge posters like Little Chicken Little Chicken - but now I just can’t wait to read their reality-challenged takes. Fair play to them, they are funny.

Top Bottom