• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

EvB

So what does this mean?

I'm wondering if that list I posted was a little closer to the true potential list than it was when I posted it.

I guess it depends on whether those 4 games I posted was enough to provoke that or if it was the full list

The Flash

Banned
Well well well

My sources for these things have been locked up tight.
Every single 360 game I posted has disappeared too.....

you-blew-it1.jpg

Whats the status on this? Im coming into the thread and im seeing a giant list of games. Are these available, or are these up and coming ones? Fill me in please.

Toa TAK

Banned
Here's a short history:

I've compiled of games that I think could be coming shortly.... not sure if I should post it as it is way more speculative.

when has that ever mattered? lol

Post it.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Toy Story 3
Portal 2
HItman Absolution
Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Soul Calibur IV
Alan Wake
Harms Way
Resident Evil
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Gears of War 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Sonic Adventure
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Just Cause 2
Condemned
Tron Evolution
Braid
Mirrors Edge
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Metal Gear HD Collection
Soul Calibur
Asura's Wrath
Fallout 3
Borderlands
Risen
Castle Crashers
Bayonetta

I don't really want to explain how I found them, as it may close up that opportunity in future. But as it stands I've only been able to get confirmation (in the form of pins) of the first few I've posted, but the source of this big list is the same.

Well well well

My sources for these things have been locked up tight.
Every single 360 game I posted has disappeared too.....

I'm wondering if that list I posted was a little closer to the true potential list than it was when I posted it.

I guess it depends on whether those 4 games I posted was enough to provoke that or if it was the full list

Damnit... I was in all seriousness excited for Toy Story 3. Its a game i loved when it came out for some reason and was looking for a reason to go back and play it. I guess Toy Story 3 The Game is a complete long shot as no one is still playing it lol.

shanafan

The one thing that bothers me with that list is "Resident Evil". There wasn't a game just called "Resident Evil" on Xbox 360, unless they mean the HD Remake, but that is also available on Xbox One so that wouldn't make sense.

There was Resident Evil 5 and 6, but that list just says "Resident Evil".

Hmm..

EvB

The one thing that bothers me with that list is "Resident Evil". There wasn't a game just called "Resident Evil" on Xbox 360, unless they mean the HD Remake, but that is also available on Xbox One so that wouldn't make sense.

There was Resident Evil 5 and 6, but that list just says "Resident Evil".

Hmm..

It was Resident Evil 5, I missed the number

Toy Story 3
Portal 2
HItman Absolution
Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Soul Calibur IV
Alan Wake
Harms Way
Resident Evil
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Gears of War 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Sonic Adventure
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Just Cause 2
Condemned
Tron Evolution
Braid
Mirrors Edge
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Metal Gear HD Collection
Soul Calibur
Asura's Wrath
Fallout 3
Borderlands
Risen
Castle Crashers
Bayonetta
so the list was real then? muhaha, awesome

EvB

so the list was real then? muhaha, awesome

Ultimately we still don't know, but it's quite an interesting hodgepodge of games to say the least. I'll be interested to see what the hit rate is when they do make an announcement!

That list could literally just be games that have been tested in a 360 very recently for a totally unrelated reason. I'm hoping the actions they've made today are perhaps an admission of guilt though :D There are some great games coming if so

speedomodel

Toy Story 3
Portal 2
HItman Absolution
Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Soul Calibur IV
Alan Wake
Harms Way
Resident Evil
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Gears of War 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Sonic Adventure
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Just Cause 2
Condemned
Tron Evolution
Braid
Mirrors Edge
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Metal Gear HD Collection
Soul Calibur
Asura's Wrath
Fallout 3
Borderlands
Risen
Castle Crashers
Bayonetta
This would be glorious....

Want Shadow Complex though..

Thyralax

Banned
Fingers crossed that the list is right about Red Dead! Never got to finish it when I owned my 360 but I saved the game just in case.

PSGames

What I wouldn't give for Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Especially since it's not likely we'll get a sequel anytime soon.

I hope Assassin's Creed: Rouge gets added to the list. I missed out on it since I sold my PS3 end of last gen to be able to afford both PS4 + Xbox One (obviously PS3 didn't pay for both Xbox One and PS4)

here's EvB's list sorted alphabetically. It was hurting my head the way it was.

Alan Wake
Asura's Wrath
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Bayonetta
Borderlands
Braid
Castle Crashers
Condemned
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Fallout 3
Gears of War 3
Harms Way
HItman Absolution
Just Cause 2
Metal Gear HD Collection
Mirrors Edge
Portal 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil
Risen
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur IV
Street Fighter IV
Toy Story 3
Tron Evolution

Say what?!

Ive never played it. I always felt obligated to, my housemate used to play it on my 360 and loved it but... Rockstar games generally control like ass so I didn't bother.

Maybe i'll give it another shot

On that list I'm interested in:

Alan Wake
Borderlands
Castle Crashers
Crackdown
Fallout 3
Gears of War 3
Just Cause 2
Metal Gear HD Collection
Red Dead Redemption

I'm thinking we might get these all at gamescom as an available now. I know that's not a crazy prediction bit with rare replay releasing that day they will need to have BC available to the public and I doubt there is going to be a subtle roll put of games as well.

I really hope that the Bioshock games get added. It's one of those trilogies that I used to play through once every year just like the Halo games. But if they wanted to release a remastered version with improved resolution and framerate, I wouldn't object to that either.

I'm thinking we might get these all at gamescom as an available now. I know that's not a crazy prediction bit with rare replay releasing that day they will need to have BC available to the public and I doubt there is going to be a subtle roll put of games as well.

That would be super.

blackwash

Banned
I really hope that the Bioshock games get added. It's one of those trilogies that I used to play through once every year just like the Halo games. But if they wanted to release a remastered version with improved resolution and framerate, I wouldn't object to that either.

True dat, cool cat!
bioshock_lolcat_3_by_afairjudgement.jpg

Chris1

Ive never played it. I always felt obligated to, my housemate used to play it on my 360 and loved it but... Rockstar games generally control like ass so I didn't bother.
Lol, RDR is the only game I can think of that's controls have actually pissed me off. Seriously, the only way to move faster than a tortoise is to repeatedly tap a for hours? at least let me hold the damn button.

That aside it's an amazing game, anyone that hasn't played it really has no excuse not to if it goes BC.

Top Bottom