• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

amdb00mer

https://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/OregonKorn14/

"Yes I work for Xbox. Been doing that since 2014. Worked on Xbox UWP, Xbox Live, Xbox 360, Kinect, Xbox One and more. Follow me on Facebook for more pithy thoughts: tobiaslieshoff.tk (OregonKorn14 is my private Account)"

And again anyone can write that in their bio, but why would they do that and have microsoft logos in their activity feed? It's just strange. Add into the mix he's playing BO2 on Xbox One and it gives him some credibility. Waybackmachine doesn't work on profiles to see how long it's been there, but google cache has it there with 7860 gamerscore which is 15 less than he has now.

In addition to all that, Major Nelson sounds pretty pissed here:
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/817128357305294848
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/817129070882275328

And if you look at his recent tweets, they're all linking people to the BO2 Wiki Page or the Back Compat page. He gets tweets all the time about BO2, why is he reacting like this now?

New Year's surprise spoiled?

Backlogger

I really like Major Nelson and the PR role that he plays for MS, but man some of those Tweets. Just ignore the guy, don't let him ruin your day.

The Black Ops 2 pictures are from the PC game and uploaded through the Xbox App. When you click on the gamehub link on the pictures it takes you to the PC hub not the Xbox hub. The PC hub is called "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" and the Xbox hub is called "COD: Black Ops II". People have been doing this for months for various Call of Duty games to make people believe they are coming to BC.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Looking over my VF2 gifs... yeah, i want this game on XBO.

tumblr_nna04fPhWP1slig2vo1_400.gif

tumblr_nk8ruvyapk1slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_nieb3eKh441slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_nie0tpTETW1slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_ng8y6cGGdz1slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_ng8xciA7w91slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_ng8v81VShU1slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_ng8ufmnxO81slig2vo1_500.gif

and of course.... winpose glitch! :D
tumblr_ng8tv0Mqxw1slig2vo1_500.gif

Chris1

The Black Ops 2 pictures are from the PC game and uploaded through the Xbox App. When you click on the gamehub link on the pictures it takes you to the PC hub not the Xbox hub. The PC hub is called "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" and the Xbox hub is called "COD: Black Ops II". People have been doing this for months for various Call of Duty games to make people believe they are coming to BC.

Hmm you might be right, I just tested it and it does indeed show the link to gamehub etc if you use the game bar thing to take the screenshot

icespide

Banned
ah. yeah the 360 wasn't built that way.... plus just don't turn off the system if you're playing a BC game. Easy enough.

anyone else really surprised that the Dragon Age games/DLC aren't BC yet?

I mean, the Xbox One wasn't originally designed to play 360 games at all but look at where we are? these guys are wizards, I'm not ruling out the possibility of suspend/resume in the future entirely

He's doing that because of the incredibly dense and unrelenting amount of spam accounts begging for Black Ops 2, despite him repeatedly posting that he himself has no control over what does and doesn't become backward compatible.

It really is sad that people just don't get the message. Kudos to him for trying make his life more bearable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hope they make BO2 BC just to get it out of the way. I don't understand the infatuation with that game when games like Rez HD, MGS Collection, Ninja Gaiden 2 aren't BC.

Most of my gaming time has gone into playing BC titles, it's pretty crazy. I still play Battlefield 1 but it's that rotated in with a BC title.

Finally finished the Mass Effect trilogy going to play either Lost Oddysee or Catherine.

I hope they make BO2 BC just to get it out of the way. I don't understand the infatuation with that game when games like Rez HD, MGS Collection, Ninja Gaiden 2 aren't BC.
Because there are far more CoD fans than Rez HD fans and more people are probably more likely to jump back into an older release if the main draw is multiplayer, rather than single player.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Because there are far more CoD fans than Rez HD fans and more people are probably more likely to jump back into an older release if the main draw is multiplayer, rather than single player.

I know why it happens, just wish it wasn't that way. I've played plenty of COD but I've wanted to play some Rez lately.

EmiPrime

I hope they never make BO2 BC or make it the last thing they get round to out of spite. Gamers on Twitter acting like babies, my sympathies are with Major Nelson.

I hope they never make BO2 BC or make it the last thing they get round to out of spite. Gamers on Twitter acting like babies, my sympathies are with Major Nelson.
I mean, I know it's annoying and stupid that a bunch of people don't understand what goes into projects like this, but then you have a few people like me who want BO2 as much as MGR and Daytona USA. And lets be honest, given the library built up over the last year it's apparent they DO care about the niche, hardcore gamer titles as much as the AAA stuff the masses want.

EmiPrime

I mean, I know it's annoying and stupid that a bunch of people don't understand what goes into projects like this, but then you have a few people like me who want BO2 as much as MGR and Daytona USA. And lets be honest, given the library built up over the last year it's apparent they DO care about the niche, hardcore gamer titles as much as the AAA stuff the masses want.

Yeah I don't know how anyone can moan. 300 games in the first year and they've gone back and improved many of them since their initial availability. Way above my expectations anyway.

BO2 is pretty much the only game stopping me from packing away my 360 now.

I'll take either the backwards compatible version or the remaster!

GrazGamer

Gears of War 3 has some pretty show stopping slowdown moments on the S. Just a handful of times but horrendous all the same. Not sure I remember that for the original.

Ade

Hmm you might be right, I just tested it and it does indeed show the link to gamehub etc if you use the game bar thing to take the screenshot

He's faking the whole thing. There's nothing on his account that proves he's MS staff that anyone else couldn't do.

The whole PC version of a game via Xbox hub has been done to death before.

Chris1

He's faking the whole thing. There's nothing on his account that proves he's MS staff that anyone else couldn't do.

The whole PC version of a game via Xbox hub has been done to death before.

Honestly first time I've seen that. People come up with clever ways to troll, I'll give them that..

Oynox

Soo is Catherine worth a region change? I am considering to change my profile region to US just to use the discount on this game.

MW3 will be BC before BOII in my opinion. I feel that because BOII was such a big game, Activision would rather remaster it.
That would be a really dumb decision. BO3 still gets microtransactions and remastering (or in this case probably porting) a game and adding microtransactions... well fuck it's COD so probably it would work.

statham

Catherine isnot a easy game, even on easy. I had to restart the boss fight at chapter 2 about 20 times. I did get 5 achievement points. 5, not 50 or 100. I will beat this game. damn it.

Moze

Banned
I believe Catherine actually had to be patched in the original Japanese release because it was too hard.

Great game, though. Just amazing and very unique.

Misterhbk

I assume the answer is no, but are there any signs pointing to Infinite Undiscovery coming to bc? I've been wanting to play it but I don't even have a 360 anymore so it's down to waiting for it to make its way to the one.

amdb00mer

I assume the answer is no, but are there any signs pointing to Infinite Undiscovery coming to bc? I've been wanting to play it but I don't even have a 360 anymore so it's down to waiting for it to make its way to the one.

I have not seen anything for it either, but I would love for it to hit BC. I think with the extra GPU power from the X1 it could help boost the framerate. It has happened with a lot of other games that actually run better than on the X360. Of course there are some that run the same or maybe a bit worse.

Tenshin

Is it me that i dont see bayonetta on the xbox one store backwards compatible list? WTF?

Edit : oh its still there.. Damn search..

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
following scalebound news, i expect a japanese BC game announcement that will Vanquish some of the scorn yesterday caused

Memory

following scalebound news, i expect a japanese BC game announcement that will Vanquish some of the scorn yesterday caused

Quite optimistic of you, personally i've been waiting for Anarchy Reigns for a while but now i'm not banking on seeing any P* games on BC.

Top Bottom