• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

How come nobody else wants GUN?
In my eyes Gun was fun but exactly once. It was better than Red Dead Revolver.

These Xbox 360 games are now backwards compatible as of today:

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Golf: Tee It Up!
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

What are these? Xbox Indie Games? (Aside from Contra of course.)

Woof... I guess it's nice to get Contra but this is about the most "meh" lineup of games they could've put together.

BouncyFrag

How did that work for BC on the 360?

What about BCing the BC.
I had a lot of great experiences with the 360's bc enjoying KOTOR 1 & 2, Fable, Morrowind, and Jade Empire to name a few. It wasn't perfect but I could handle the bumps along the way.

BC of the bc would be nice.

Gestault

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

Roboblitz was a neat little character platformer while the size limit was still 50 mb for XBLA games. It had no business looking as good as it did. You're a little robo-guy. No footballs are involved.

DOWN

Banned
At this point we are excited to see any games at all because at some point that means they will run out of unwanted games and have to address the games we do want

CRZYSPZ

At this point we are excited to see any games at all because at some point that means they will run out of unwanted games and have to address the games we do want

Just gotta be ready for some droughts due to complications with the emulation and licenses if that becomes the case! Especially with the bigger titles.

Chris1

-3D Ultra Minigolf
-Gin Rummy
-Contra
-Roboblitz

Damn, both Contra and Roboblitz were being tested since like the first month of BC. They took forever to come

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
On the original 360, they attached Nvidia's licensing fee to the hard drive. It's why the core unit didn't have BC unless you bought a hard drive, and why the hard drives were so stupidly expensive.

Mentions this requirement at the top of this page here.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games

Ah I see. Thanks.

MarveI

MJqQ8VY.gif

Please MS. Make it happen.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I've played so much Civ revolution in the last week.

They really need to make a proper sequel to that game it would be amazing if they done it right.

Ravi_elite

Banned
Funner fact: the Multiplayer was dead a month after release and the single player in SR2 was way better than the first Saints Row.
That's funny..i was playing Saints Row the past 10 years and had full matchmaking in ranked protect tha pimp &blinded out ride the first 7 years of It's life..you must have had a really bad experience...maybe you got teamkilled and standbyed a whole bunch I'm sorry...you just didn't understand how to hold your own...sorry buddy Saints Row is for the hardcore crowd..stick with your single player while the OGs get back on tha row..

tim1138

On the original 360, they attached Nvidia's licensing fee to the hard drive. It's why the core unit didn't have BC unless you bought a hard drive, and why the hard drives were so stupidly expensive.

Mentions this requirement at the top of this page here.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games

I would pay a one time fee if it meant I could play KotOR, the original Battlefront 2, and Ninja Gaiden Black on my Xbox One.

mike4001_

OK but really intesting that this is a one-time fee.

I assume everyone would be willing to pay lets say 10-20 USD/Eur as a one time licensing fee to enable BC for OG Xbox on Xbox One....

bede-x

I would pay a one time fee if it meant I could play KotOR, the original Battlefront 2, and Ninja Gaiden Black on my Xbox One.

Same here. Original Xbox BC would be a huge selling point to me. 360 BC was what drew me back to Xbox and made me use the One regularly.

Arttemis

Damn it! The games I want most from last gen, other then Dark Souls, are not available.

Metal Gear Rising
DMC HD Collection
Vanquish

This is so disheartening.

m23

Yes.

This is why I will never sell my Xbox 360. Loved that game to death!

One of the reasons I still have my 360. Also because of phantom dust being BC on 360 as well as Ninja Gaiden.

I would actually pay $100 for a remaster of Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 for Xbone.

Damon

Even though a got a little bored of it and didnt finish, I'd love to see Kingdoms of Amalur on Backwards Compat, but theres probably little chance of that happening due to the fuckery.

And also Dragons Dogma would be nice to see.

Bad Company 1 - how I miss that game, wish they brought that to backwards compatibility instead of BF3 and BC2...

Susurrus

I'd like Saints Row 1 to be on it at some point. I have 2/3/4/GooH on Steam and I think some on PS3 via PS Plus, but no way to play the first game and I'm anal about playing games in order.

They have SR4 on there, wonder what the hold up is.

CRZYSPZ

Even though a got a little bored of it and didnt finish, I'd love to see Kingdoms of Amalur on Backwards Compat, but theres probably little chance of that happening due to the fuckery.

Bad Company 1 - how I miss that game, wish they brought that to backwards compatibility instead of BF3 and BC2...

With how often Kingdoms of Amalur goes on sale (at least a few times a year) I have a feeling there's a decent chance it'll go BC. Is there really a party out there that wouldn't benefit from it going BC? I understand there's a decent amount of legal jargon behind it's release, but it's still available digitally and still goes on sale with no remaster in sight.

Here's to hoping!

I'm sure Bad Company 1 is on the way, Dragon's Dogma is CAPCOM though sooo.... I don't know.

Lucifon

I bought it especially for it hitting BC so I really hope it does.

igotgame1075

Neo Member
Any idea of NBA Street vol 2 will ever make its way to this list?
Any technical reasons why they won't work on Xbox One?

Actually - just realized this never came out on 360 and was only out on OG Xbox. Yikes

Patrick S.

Banned
That's funny..i was playing Saints Row the past 10 years and had full matchmaking in ranked protect tha pimp &blinded out ride the first 7 years of It's life..you must have had a really bad experience...maybe you got teamkilled and standbyed a whole bunch I'm sorry...you just didn't understand how to hold your own...sorry buddy Saints Row is for the hardcore crowd..stick with your single player while the OGs get back on tha row..

Wow, when I grow up I want to be a badass like you!

image.php

Thug life

ivan.k

Wow. Video games - serious business.

Ravi_elite

Banned
Wow. Video games - serious business.

yeah and you can remember me as Godzhand~ im a big deal on Saints Row

what you know about that?!!

Wasn't SR1 360's multiplayer shut down a long time ago?

the gang servers are offline not the multiplayer

---------------------------------------------------

the gang servers are offline because Activision in 2008 bought a company called Demonware that had a partnership with THQ and created a unique
clan leaderboard system for Saints Row

you could make your own gang name

send invitations to anyone on your friendslist by viewing their gamercard

and have private gang lobbies that no other gang could join

when you searched for a match you were put against other gangs to compete over the leaderboard..

replacing the standard gang names from the storyline, your gang name and the other gang would show up in the scoreboard

as said Activision bought out the company that made the code to the gang servers, and with THQ falling apart at that time the gang servers went down and never to come back up....it was a sad day in Stilwater

ElRenoRaven

I would too. Imagine playing Conker Live and Reloaded again. Then for me just to play the 360 version of Stubbs the Zombie again. Oh man. I'd give anything to be able to. That game was so criminally screwed. Came out at the end of the console's life and nobody game it a chance. What I couldn't give for a HD remaster or sequel. Course that will never happen since Disney bought Wideload and since have shut them down.

I was watching the AVGN video of Sonic 06.
Do you think Sega would ever greenlight that game or they rather have it burried forever?
Probably load times would be heavily improved on Scorpio.

Random back compat question: I have a Japanese Live account that I bought the Japanese version of Symphony of the Night on. I put the Japanese account on my Xbox One and made it my home console. The game doesn't show up as ready to install for either account on my X1. However, I can put the Japanese disc in for Gears of War 2 and it installs the Japanese version and I'm able to play it on my U.S. Xbox One, since the X1 is region free.

So, is there any way to get the JP version of SotN to play on my X1, via BC?

/dumbachievementwhorequestion

cuilan

Random back compat question: I have a Japanese Live account that I bought the Japanese version of Symphony of the Night on. I put the Japanese account on my Xbox One and made it my home console. The game doesn't show up as ready to install for either account on my X1. However, I can put the Japanese disc in for Gears of War 2 and it installs the Japanese version and I'm able to play it on my U.S. Xbox One, since the X1 is region free.

So, is there any way to get the JP version of SotN to play on my X1, via BC?

/dumbachievementwhorequestion

I think you'll be able to download it again if you change your console's region to Japan. That will give you access to the Japanese XBL Marketplace. I believe the US/EU and JP versions of SotN on XBL are treated as separate games.

Patrick S.

Banned
yeah and you can remember me as Godzhand~ im a big deal on Saints Row

what you know about that?!!

the gang servers are offline not the multiplayer

---------------------------------------------------

the gang servers are offline because Activision in 2008 bought a company called Demonware that had a partnership with THQ and created a unique
clan leaderboard system for Saints Row

you could make your own gang name

send invitations to anyone on your friendslist by viewing their gamercard

and have private gang lobbies that no other gang could join

when you searched for a match you were put against other gangs to compete over the leaderboard..

replacing the standard gang names from the storyline, your gang name and the other gang would show up in the scoreboard

as said Activision bought out the company that made the code to the gang servers, and with THQ falling apart at that time the gang servers went down and never to come back up....it was a sad day in Stilwater

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Top Bottom