• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

m23

I am in no way an expert but I don't think you can do it across platforms for season 1 to season 2, but season 2 to 3 could through the Telltale account option.

Damn. Thanks for the response. I did look around before but thought I'd check here in case.

Soup Bar

I'd definitely love Top Spin 4, it's probably the most complete tennis game that has ever been done, problem is includes a good amount of licenses (all Grand Slams except Wimbledon, a good amount of Masters and the players). Besides, I guess the game did not sell very well if no new entry has been announced.

I want one as well. I'd settle for EA's Grand Slam Tennis. It's possible, just have to re-license all the player's and venues. Impossible? No. Likely? Probably not.
On a side note, Rory McIlroy was not that great. It was ok, but Tiger Woods '14 was great. I would love for the license for it to be renewed (I think Augusta is the only one they had issues with, that's why it was never added to Rory McIlroy).

I don't think Top Spin 4 is on the Marketplace either. Are all backwards compatible games on the marketplace?

amdb00mer

And sadly Dooms not one of them..I'd have brought that.

I still don't know why Doom 3 BFG is not there. I mean, I have the disc, so it does not make a difference for me, but there seems to be a decent amount of gamers that would buy the digital version if it was made available. I wonder if it is a technical issue due to the disc having Doom and Doom II on it. I know when I put Doom 3 BFG in my X1S it installed all 3 games.

I still don't know why Doom 3 BFG is not there. I mean, I have the disc, so it does not make a difference for me, but there seems to be a decent amount of gamers that would buy the digital version if it was made available. I wonder if it is a technical issue due to the disc having Doom and Doom II on it. I know when I put Doom 3 BFG in my X1S it installed all 3 games.

Yeah it installs all three games but requires the disc to play them. Which could be an issue if they make it digital.

rezn0r

Damn. Thanks for the response. I did look around before but thought I'd check here in case.

Trust me, I agree it really sucks, things like that annoy the hell out of me. I stuck with PC for TWD so far but I totally understand the annoyance.

No expectations today.

757688c564f22a1742988b35909bde05.jpg

Until we get Ninja Gaiden 2, SF Third Strike, Darkstalkers, and every single Sega game made for the 360 this is me

Bizzquik

I wish Larry would tweet something out on Monday when they're not going to have anything on Tuesday or Thursday.

Like, Monday Night...."Here are the Deals of the Week (link). Oh, and no BC releases this week."

Zeta Oni

If we go another week without releases, my money is on Microsoft getting a large amount of BC titles ready for announcement to go with an E3 launch of Xbox Game Pass.

If we go another week without releases, my money is on Microsoft getting a large amount of BC titles ready for announcement to go with an E3 launch of Xbox Game Pass.

Are going to see Too Human BC on the E3 conference, followed by claps and tears of the crowd? I can only dream.

Zeta Oni

Are going to see Too Human BC on the E3 conference, followed by claps and tears of the crowd? I can only dream.

Not sure how many in the audience would clap for Too Human, but I would at least.

I actually enjoyed it, and on a more history-related note, I never want see any game get left behind, playable only on the system is was originally made for.

Just imagine how many game are already forever lost, trapped by lack of documentation, by lack of interest, by lack of copies, or my least favorite, because of legal reasons?

It sucks.

They would have to be pretty big titles to spare E3 time for.

Perhaps MW2, Fable anniversary, and some Halo games?

Top Bottom