• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Hasney

Sorry Microsoft, you will never win at this BC battle.

I wouldn't even be expecting it if it wasn't the one of the first "coming soon" games, there's either issues with it or they just shouldn't have announced it. I'll play some SOTN at least.

Just played some arcade mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare and it runs great and looks great. Things are looking up for this backwards compatibility initiative.

Edit: The live action video might have some hiccups.

I'm glad some heavy hitters are coming really looking forward to Alan wake. But this whole follow this to get this to work work around is just ludicrous just release the fucking things so I can pop a disc in the digital prices are an absolute joke bc is such a cluster fuck.

I'm glad some heavy hitters are coming really looking forward to Alan wake. But this whole follow this to get this to work work around is just ludicrous just release the fucking things so I can pop a disc in the digital prices are an absolute joke bc is such a cluster fuck.
This sentence is a clusterfuck.

The games get released when they are ready, chill.

etta

my hard graphic balls
"I don't agree and have nothing to say I must insult his grammer!"

If people are playing them they are ready. So to only have the digital up and to have a bullshit loophole to play them is a cluster fuck just release both versions.
Would you kindly calm down and give your mind some quiet space so it can understand that the games are not yet officially released, and the only way to get them is to be linked to an unlisted store page via a tester's profile?

Would you kindly calm down and give your mind some quiet space so it can understand that the games are not yet officially released, and the only way to get them is to be linked to an unlisted store page via a tester's profile?

That's my point you have to jump through hoops to play these games when they can just flip the switch. If "testers" are playing them they are obviously ready what are they testing? o it has great frame rate...release it update it if it needs it or heres a thought if your gonna make your testers public make the games private. This day in age with the Internet and social media were all sniffing for that next bit of information making it public just stirs us up and pisses people off.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's my point you have to jump through hoops to play these games when they can just flip the switch. If "testers" are playing them they are obviously ready what are they testing? o it has great frame rate...release it update it if it needs it or heres a thought if your gonna make your testers public make the games private. This day in age with the Internet and social media were all sniffing for that next bit of information making it public just stirs us up and passes people off.
That...uh, sure is something.

That's my point you have to jump through hoops to play these games when they can just flip the switch. If "testers" are playing them they are obviously ready what are they testing? o it has great frame rate...release it update it if it needs it or heres a thought if your gonna make your testers public make the games private. This day in age with the Internet and social media were all sniffing for that next bit of information making it public just stirs us up and pisses people off.
What?

These "testers" are testing if the game runs fine in real world scenarios, making sure the framerate doesn't go to literal shit and if there are any graphical bugs they can get out through their software. It wasn't meant to be public yet but got out.

That's my point you have to jump through hoops to play these games when they can just flip the switch.If "testers" are playing them they are obviously ready what are they testing?o it has great frame rate...release it update it if it needs it or heres a thought if your gonna make your testers public make the games private. This day in age with the Internet and social media were all sniffing for that next bit of information making it public just stirs us up and pisses people off.

I don't think that's how it works lol. They need to test the game to make sure the emulator can handle it. I'm no programmer but that's at least part of why they test. Imagine the gaming industry without QA at all

After the last couple of releases its understandable that Microsoft tries to get the best BC release out.

The Gears games for example are still very hit and miss, Reach is awful still too.

And RDR even when it runs fine for the most part still has issues too. I encountered the infinite loading screen when i want to customize my MP character.

Just went thru the horde mode for Alan Wake: AN

I'm elated to report that it runs pretty excellent! (^_____^)

and of course, the Vsync is glorious!

Had to turn up the brightness though as the default was actually too dark.

Justinh

I don't see him having SOTN, but he has RDR and Tekken Tag 2. Will download 'em both.

it might be hard to find since he's following so many games and friends.

Wait, when was Bomberman Live added? I don't see it in the OP or official list.

okay...it's in some pics early in the thread.

also, weird that the release date for SotN says Dec 31, 2049. I swear it was 1 Jan 2050 earlier tonight...

im_dany

also, weird that the release date for SotN says Dec 31, 2049. I swear it was 1 Jan 2050 earlier tonight...

one less day to wait then, great

I downloaded both games, I'll try them later to see how's the performance. Unless they run as bas as Reach, there is no reason to hold them back imo.

Hawk269

I couldn't find RDR or Castlevania, no luck when I changed my location from UK to US, I guess they've taken them off the store for now.

I just looked at them on the Store, they are there. I was not sure if I owned them digitally, so I went to Xbox.com and searched and both games popped up...luckily, I did own both digitally.

RDR is running great for me...no issues as of yet. Played about and hour or so..game looks gorgeous, especially at night.

Hawk269

When looking at someone's follow games/gamertags they are in alphabetical order, so should be easy to find.

If any wants to search my GT (Hawk269) I have all the recent games that are out on BC or soon like Halo Wars, Alan Wake Nightmare, Red Dead Redemption, SOTN, Tekken and a few others. You don't need to add me, just search my GT and then View Profile, then go to my "follow" tab and all stuff is listed.

im_dany

Can anyone, based on previous experiences, estimate how long it will take for the disc version to become available?

It depends whetever they're going to release them before or after the Store becomes unified. If Rockstar is smart, they'll wait until that moment and make a shitload of money off RDR, Bully, LAN and GTA4.

Left4Dead 2 and Tekken TT2 have been spotted like two weeks ago (Tekken even before the January BC wave iirc) but they're not yet available for the public.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It depends whetever they're going to release them before or after the Store becomes unified. If Rockstar is smart, they'll wait until that moment and make a shitload of money off RDR, Bully, LAN and GTA4.

Left4Dead 2 and Tekken TT2 have been spotted like two weeks ago (Tekken even before the January BC wave iirc) but they're not yet available for the public.

Not available for the public or disc not working for bc?

---

I was thinking that microsoft could use the "Beta Games & Apps" section in the preview program to select some additional testers for backwards compatibility. Make some games that are unofficially running on the emulator avilable to a couple of hundred preview members and let them test the games in search for problems. Free testing just like with the updates.

Chris1

So uhh, it seems like most games available via the loophole have some DLC missing/broke. Anyone else feel like they should release the base game as BC for preview members to test performance etc, then when the DLC is ready and any issues found in preview are fixed release for all?

Yes I'm impatient waiting for new games:(

Alx

Not available for the public or disc not working for bc?

There's no reason physical games wouldn't work when the digital version does, at least for single disc games, since all the disc does in BC is identify the game to let you download a digital copy.

Theorry

Is there a way to check wich you games you got with games on demand?
I sold all my discs. But i did buy sometimes games digital on the 360.

Novocaine

SotN isn't working for me in Australia. Even with the 'view profile following' thing. RDR is showing upnas available though. Going to give it a crack but will probably wait until after Dark Souls 3 so I can really enjoy it.

But those dont show the 360 games wich you got back in the day?

It shows mine. Did you see there are multiple pages?

Top Bottom