• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One blocks used games. Offline Pass confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I was told that they would never do that, and Gamestop saying it was a hot console was pretty much confirmation of that.

THISGONBGUD.gif

Just laughable stuff. You couldn't imagine more ways for MS to put themselves on the backfoot. Sony has so much momentum right now, it's not even funny.

Sony just won this shit free. That conference was beyond shit....farrrrr beyond and now this. The next console war is already over, Sony won and they didn't even need to show the damn console itself.

Also, the conference was so bad, Sony's stock has been going up rapidly. MS shit the bed something fierce.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkk this

#XboxReveal was pretty weak. Only interesting thing was the OS swtiching stuff which PS4 approximates basically.

I'm out on this as of right now. Line's drawn in my purchasing decision.

Resilient

Go fuck yourself. After that shitty conference and now this. Just wow. Hand it to Sony and call it a day. Ya blew it Microsoft.

This indirectly confirms that your console has to be online once to start the game no? How can they validate the Off-line pass otherwise? Some tricky physical disc DRM?

who gets the money? Microsoft or developers?

Every used xbox game is basically 10 dollar fee. And you're paying xbox live ontop of that.

This console is a joke. Have fun xbox fans.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
...it doesn't say they block it, it's pay to no longer use the disc. They didn't clarify what the deal is just using a disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom