• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBox One Call of Duty Ghosts, confirmed only 18 players per Map (9 Per Team)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Isn't this the way CoD has always been? Not sure I want that many more in CoD (BF4, I do, bigger maps). CoD is built around small maps and quick gameplay.

Omega

Banned
Anyone up in arms about this obviously hasn't played CoD on PC

Anything more than 6v6 in this game is completely overkill and just becomes way too chaotic. 32 player Wetwork on CoD4 was the worst experience ever, right next to Shipment with max players

Into

OMG this is the worst thing ever, Xbox Uno is so duno this winter! WHAT A MASSIVE BLOW

jk

Its how the games are, i buy CoD every year for that close quarter, small-medium maps action. 9 vs 9 is absolutely fine and expected.

a916

More interesting is VG Chartz is reporting the XBox1 pre-orders are more than the PS4 pre-orders of this game...

Z3M0G

I heard FIFA only supports 11.

FIFA forever staying current-gen, confirmed.

Next gen my ass amirite?

It's only because the maps are so small. They should make bigger maps.

That's a shame... Captain Tsubasa style map could handle 64 players easily...

Thread saved from pointlessness.

OT, if you want Battlefield, play Battlefield. More is not always better. You don't even drive vehicles in CoD... why do you need more players and / or bigger maps...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Cod has always been a max of 18. Normal tdm is 6v6. Ground war 9v9 is already a clusterfuck as cod maps aren't really meant to accommodate that many players. Non news.

~~Hasan~~

Doesn't like every other version of this game support up to 24?

How come the One doesnt?

18 as far as i can tell on console was the maximum. PC i think it was 64 or 32 " i think not sure."

which was my main reply to why the developers are not pushing the xbox one or ps4 more than 18 players on next gen systems.

yet some how, i still find some people quote me with weird replies.

so 64 players for xbox one BF4.
19 for COD.....

am i getting this correct ?

lol if that is the case, i don't know what to say. i just hope BF4 sell more this year. not because i hate COD, its because i want the developers to wake up and stop releasing the same game under different skins.
yeah, i hope BF sells more too but not for a silly reason like player count... you can't just throw more players into a map designed for a certain amount, and that goes for BF as well... 64p metro? lol...

More interesting is VG Chartz is reporting the XBox1 pre-orders are more than the PS4 pre-orders of this game...

why would anything a banned site that makes up numbers says be interesting?

so 64 players for xbox one BF4.
19 for COD.....

am i getting this correct ?

lol if that is the case, i don't know what to say. i just hope BF4 sell more this year. not because i hate COD, its because i want the developers to wake up and stop releasing the same game under different skins.

No, it's 18.

19 would make it unbalanced.

I'm hoping next gen Halo atleast has 32. I personally enjoy big team battle.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Hey guys, did you hear that Killer Instinct only has TWO characters onscreen at any one time? That's the same amount as Street Fighter IV, Xbox One lol.

Afro

Anyone up in arms about this obviously hasn't played CoD on PC

Anything more than 6v6 in this game is completely overkill and just becomes way too chaotic.

Totally agree. 6v6 Hardpoint in Black Ops 2 on consoles felt perfect. When you load 16-24 people into CoD-sized maps, it just turns more into a numbers game rather than which team is technically superior.

Milennia

Call of duty has a ground war playlist , where its 18 player lobbys.... So yes they can fit more players, its 100% design choice. As is only being 18 in ground war.... Its a cluster fuck at even that in cod map sizes.

18 as far as i can tell on console was the maximum. PC i think it was 64 or 32 " i think not sure."

which was my main reply to why the developers are not pushing the xbox one or ps4 more than 18 players on next gen systems.

yet some how, i still find some people quote me with weird replies.

Weird replies like implying hardware is the reason cod has not increased its player count?

Archpath1

I get the design choice.
But man it sucks fighting for kills with my team racking up 30+ kills per guy ,only reason I'd like a couple more enemies, just make larger groundwar only maps

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
As you all know, this is more of a design philosophy than hardware limitation or laziness really.

True, but after the game recommended a 780 looking like it does, laziness wouldnt surprise me

amar212

Call of Duty is not Battlefield. I think anything more than 4v4 in CoD is a clusterfuck

3vs3 to be more exact.

Original 3vs3 Team Tactical from the COD4: Modern Warfare (with all modes rotation and all maps included) still remains the pinnacle of the team COD experience.

I never understood why all later games went into higher player-count and constant changing of the rules regarding mode-rotation.

With 3vs3 you get maximum tactical play, even in modes such as Headquarters or Sabotage, not even to speak about S&D.

Original COD4 3vs3 Team Tactical remains the essence of proper COD gameplay, design and balance.

Gonff

Banned
Such an odd number. I'd prefer 8v8 or 10v10.

Too many players in Call of Duty is a horrible experience. Go join a 32v32 match in Call of Duty 1 on PC. As soon as you spawn a nade lands on your head. End of game stats typically have top scorers with 200 or more kills.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sounds right on track.

64 fits battlefield. The current gen ones need to curb the size of the maps to make it work with less people, CoD is much smaller scale.

There's a reason that site is banned here, heh.

Obscured

Good on them, sounds like they know their game and are sticking to it, much like battlefield. I enjoy both the small and large scale encounters and believe there is a way for a single game to do both, but I really appreciate not every game trying to be the end all be all game, just figuring out what it wants to do and polish that gameplay.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure every version of COD has been like this, also, playing in those 18 player matches is lag city.

I agree. Not a big deal at all unless other versions are allowing 18 players per side or something like that. Very few games would work well with tons of people on each side. Would be more chaotic than anything. Although...come to think of it, those MIGHT be more accurate representations of what being in combat would be like!

Top Bottom