• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Dashboard leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kind of hope mini guide is still there. If guide button takes you back to the dash it might be slower to get to certain things like messages and party stuff?

Cartman86

Banned
Worth pointing out that the stuff on the left is all pinned. So that's entirely customization like Windows 8 which is nice.

This guy is asking for trouble.

Reminds me of this mofo from before 360 launch, think I remember reading it was his dad that brought it home lol

gte8uKz.jpg

It seems fairly cool, tbh =) I still am not really interested in the XB1 yet; but at least it looks like the functionality will be there for those who want it. I do hope there's an option so that when you hit the guide button, the game pauses though.

V_Ben

Banned
Yup, there's another video on his channel that shows his parents.

That kid is going to be in so much trouble.

Wow. So basically he's the kid of an employee who has the system for home testing? He's gonna be in so much shit.

I really don't like the way the cutscenes keep going when you press the guide. When I access the guide, it's because I want to do other things for a second, and then go back to the game. Weird.

Iacobellis

Kind of hope mini guide is still there. If guide button takes you back to the dash it might be slower to get to certain things like messages and party stuff?

Minimal dashboard is definitely disappearing this generation. Eight gigs can easily handle the full OS and a game fine.

Isn't that the point of Metro though, that it is a single design interface for all MS products?

Sure. But hasn't metro been pretty reviled outside of a phone environment? (And even there, Windows Phone has been a substantial loss for MS, so it isn't exactly popular.) I expected them to vary the design language and move toward something new/better, or at least unique for Xbox.

BraXzy

How the hell did he manage to get the Xbox One so firty? I'd want to keep mine as pristine and shiny for as long as possible. His was covered in scratches and fingerprints like he let some kids have a go playing pass the parcel with it o_O

solarus

Dat multitasking, dem graphics. Welp I just spent on building a £900 small form factor PC, I pray it can run next gen games that look like that. Occulus rift is calling me.

feature of going straight to the menu while the game is playing is nice... the clusterf**ck that is the options section on the dashboard not so much
a love/hate relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom