• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

Bought this game a while ago but never got around to play it.

I knew the story was unresolved to some extent but goddamn that cliffhanger...

Please buy this game. I'm about as much as a western gamer one could get and I still loved this game. I never thought that I'd enjoy it because I'm not much into Japanese games but this game is definitely worth the investment...

There needs to be a conclusion.

statham

Bought this game a while ago but never got around to play it.

I knew the story was unresolved to some extent but goddamn that cliffhanger...

Please buy this game. I'm about as much as a western gamer one could get and I still loved this game. I never thought that I'd enjoy it because I'm not much into Japanese games but this game is definitely worth the investment...

There needs to be a conclusion.

If Microsoft doesn't greenlight season two I will riot.

Put it on the PS3/PC and I will buy it. Sorry, I don't have a PS4 yet, and the xbone will probably be my last pick up this gen for only maybe a handful of titles of I can even play it offline hopefully at some point.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Put it on the PS3/PC and I will buy it. Sorry, I don't have a PS4 yet, and the xbone will probably be my last pick up this gen for only maybe a handful of titles of I can even play it offline hopefully at some point.

HOLY SHIT have you been living under a rock this past year?
You know that you can actually play the Xbone offline since launch, following MS '180°'

Chris1

6v8rt.gif

D4 is on sale this week if you are interested in it, which imo is one of the best ways MS could have advertised it since a game like this wouldn't get TV adverts, so it's nice to see them doing their part.

Doffen

Xbox One works offline, giving you a taste of that PSN experience.
Cheap shots, but that's what port begging gets you.

Zomba13

Just finished episode 2. This game is still great and weird and crazy and I will be so so so sad if we don't get a Season 2.

eXx

Neo Member
I bought an xbox one for D4 and sunset overdrive. I LOVED deadly premonition and so far (episode 2) I'm having a blast with D4. I hope we get to see more content from SWERY65, Am I right Zach?

So, any estimate on when the complete game is coming out? Not buying this thing until the full package is available to play and all the episodes are delivered. I hate having to wait for the next part of a game to play. Main reason why I wait for Telltale seasons to finish.

HOLY SHIT have you been living under a rock this past year?
You know that you can actually play the Xbone offline since launch, following MS '180°'
You can? Mine doesn't even let me play Blurays offline.

On-topic: I wish I could gift games over XBL. I know a friend that's low on funds that'd like it but he can't even redeem the $10 code I got him at the moment and he'll likely miss out on the sale. Oh well.

I've been waiting for this game since I first heard about it last E3. I would have bought it day one if I had an XBO. However, I did convince a few gamer friends of mine with Ones to get it. They did, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

schlew

Bought the Sunset Overdrive bundle last night, but purchased and downloaded D4 before doing the same with SO. Very excited to check it out, as well as the less-popular Crimson Dragon.

It's similar to the adventure games by Telltale. The big difference is that it has a surreal quality to it rather than a straightforward genre approach.

Bought this to compliment my Sunset Overdrive bundle and Master Chief Collection. Just tried playing it for the first time today, and it seems the achievements are really buggy.

Got no achievements for playing through the prologue, or through Amanda's introduction scene. I tried fully quitting the application and relaunching and played through the Amanda scene again and still nothing.

I've booted down the console, deleted my save file since I was only at the beginning anyway, and will have to try again this weekend.

While achievements are pretty meaningless, trying to figure out why they're not working is not leaving a good first impression of the game.

Bought this to compliment by Sunset Overdrive bundle and Master Chief Collection. Just tried playing it for the first time today, and it seems the achievements are really buggy.

Got no achievements for playing through the prologue, or through Amanda's introduction scene. I tried fully quitting the application and relaunching and played through the Amanda scene again and still nothing.

I've booted down the console, deleted my save file since I was only at the beginning anyway, and will have to try again this weekend.

While achievements are pretty meaningless, trying to figure out why they're not working is not leaving a good first impression of the game.

It comes with the territory. Had a few Destiny achievements that didn't unlock until I turned off my Xbox. They were awarded when I powered on.

Bought this to compliment by Sunset Overdrive bundle and Master Chief Collection. Just tried playing it for the first time today, and it seems the achievements are really buggy.

Sometimes they unlock after the fact. I have about three or four Wolfenstein achievements in queue at one point and they have all unlocked.

Achievements on Xbox One in general have been weird for me this week. Got some in Sunset a few days ago that didn't pop until today, DR3 did the same thing. And the girlfriend is having issues with D4 where it has said "Done! Unlocking..." on a few achievements since Tuesday morning.

It comes with the territory. Had a few Destiny achievements that didn't unlock until I turned off my Xbox. They were awarded when I powered on.

Achievements on Xbox One in general have been weird for me this week. Got some in Sunset a few days ago that didn't pop until today, DR3 did the same thing. And the girlfriend is having issues with D4 where it has said "Done! Unlocking..." on a few achievements since Tuesday morning.

Sometimes they unlock after the fact. I have about three or four Wolfenstein achievements in queue at one point and they have all unlocked.

Ah, thanks for the clarification everyone; didn't realize it was a system level issue as opposed to being the game's fault. Will give it another go over the weekend.

Pantagruel

Neo Member
Wooah, this is so sad to hear. I'd buy it immediatly if it was not an exclusive. Why is this an Xbox exclusive anyway? Was it a similar situation to Bayo 2's?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Wasn't this supposed to be a multiplatform between One and PC? Did I dream that?

I'm loving Deadly Premonition, would buy this in a hearbeat if I could.

statham

crosspost from the community thread.
XboxMAD: I’ve previously seen some furore on twitter regarding a perceived lack of promotion for D4 amongst Microsoft’s marketing materials - do you think D4 has suffered from under-promotion? could it be a symptom of Microsoft putting Kinect integration on the back seat?

SWERY: "D4 is a downloadable game, and a small scale title. For a title that is by no means a Blockbuster, I think we've gotten a lot of PR. The game was at E3 and TGS, and has been the subject of special media interviews. It's been featured on the internet and in SNS blips as well. However, I still don't think we can say it has a high degree of visibility. It's not that we aren't doing enough PR, it's more due to the way we're doing PR, the release timing, D4's difficulty as a title, and other complicated reasons. But there's a truth that exists in this world. "Things that are truly good will definitely be accepted." So we're going to keep working hard at our PR!"

more here including the continuation of the series, which sounds like its coming but not for awhile.
http://www.xboxmad.net/x/swery-qa-d4.html

Top Bottom