• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

StoopKid

But the game wouldn't have existed without Microsoft!

Sadly SWERY isn't Beyonce. Why Microsoft would fund the game, and then throw it up on the store with a day's notice and no marketing *shrug*

I'm just saying that's part of the risk.

Same thing can be said with bayonetta.

But a game with shit sales is better than no game at all.

Corgi

Banned
dont' expect to get a xbox one (or ps4) anytime soon. If this shows up on steam though, I'd totally give it a shot. GB's QL made it look insane. I could use more insanity in games.

This is why, as a junior, I'm so angry.

Such ignorance.

What does being a junior have to do with anything?

On Topic : Maybe advertising that the game exists might have gotten more people to know it exists and then buy it? Weird thought, Swery might want to try it next time.

I've run out of codes to giveaway. Congrats to those that got one. To those who didn't, I still encourage you to check out the game. And don't forget to discuss the game here!

Thank you to everyone that supports one of gaming's most interesting auteurs, Swery.

Goodnight everybody!
84BZwbW.jpg

Yeah, this is my first time hearing of it. Looks pretty cool. I have no Xbone yet, but about 20 in my 360 wallet which I don't want to use for anything. Maybe I'll just buy it on the website and have it whenever I get my system,

jgminto

Got it at launch, the game is amazing and it would suck so hard to not see the story concluded. It's the only experience with Kinect that I have actually enjoyed and worth getting an Xbone for if you're a fan of Swery.

SZips

I never saw a press release or announcement until the day before it was out. People on my Twitter feed, which has a lot of other game industry people in it, were just as surprised as I was.

I'm not sure where the blame falls on who dropped the ball on promoting this.

I don't have the game myself (no Xbox One) but it does look fun and I hope that word of mouth does what Microsoft and/or Access Games failed to do.

This is an incredibly niche game, and that is being generous. Microsoft didn't send D4 off to die. They knew that marketing the game wouldn't increase sales enough to justify the marketing budget.

Grisby

Your words have swayed me. I will be buying in the morning.

Kinect ain't working right, but that's not gonna stop me.

procerus

Neo Member
I have bought it and not fired it up yet. I'd imagine there's quite a few like that and it obviously throws the leaderboard stats off a bit.

Your words have swayed me. I will be buying in the morning.

Kinect ain't working right, but that's not gonna stop me.

some parts are actually made better and easier while using a controller. The Kinect is my preferred way to do action scenes though.

StuBurns

Banned
Surprise releases just don't work with something so minor. I'm sure this and that birds game Sony put out during E3 both fell way below expectations regardless of their lack of marketing. I think the surprise itself is meant to be the thing that gets people, but it just gets swept up in the blast of news from the events. If Valve did it with HL3, sure, but something small, and during a big news filled event like E3 or TGS, it seems like a really bad idea.

Soulflarz

Banned
My gamertag is soulflarz
I dont have an xbone yet, but i can screencap me purchasing it. Ill do it at $5, sure :D (if its sales that truly matter)

Edit: oh, you ran out? Eh, ill still buy it when i get an xbone!

EBE

some parts are actually made better and easier while using a controller. The Kinect is my preferred way to do action scenes though.

is it really? i played through it with kinect and didnt have any problems or complaints. do you control a cursor?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Bought it the night it was released. Great game! Everyone should buy it.

I went and bought it just now, it's installing. Don't even know if I'll like it but it was only 15 bucks and the stuff I saw of it seemed interesting.

Krakn3Dfx

It's buried pretty deep in the XB1 store, and MS has done nothing to put it out there, why would it be a surprise that it's bombing?

It's unfortunate, but completely expected.

is it really? i played through it with kinect and didnt have any problems or complaints. do you control a cursor?

I preferred controller for the clover minigame(the exact name escapes me right now). Turn the cursor up to full speed and it makes it extremely easy. I also liked it more for just navigating around places. The prompts in action scenes were much easier while using kinect, so I would switch over to kinect controls for them....then switch back to controller when it was over

EBE

I preferred controller for the clover minigame(the exact name escapes me right now). Turn the cursor up to full speed and it makes it extremely easy. I also liked it more for just navigating around places. The prompts in action scenes were much easier while using kinect, so I would switch over to kinect controls for them....then switch back to controller when it was over

gotcha. do you know if there is any cool prize to that minigame? i think i got 1700 or so on my fourth try with kinect. i think i got credits and maybe a stamina refill.

oh and again: everyone go out and buy this game.

Been wanting to purchase this. Saw Dansgaming playing it and I thought it looked pretty neat. I was never really interested in Deadly Premonition but this certainly has my attention.

benzy

Those of you who just bought it due to this thread, post your impressions.

I bought it at release but don't have an xbone to play it yet.

Bought and played. Really should post my impressions. Thinking of buying it again to help fund swery :( He needs the money...
Edit And Post in the OT too, I orginally posted there.

Deft Beck

This was what I expected to happen to this game.

I feel sorry for SWERY, and I hope his next endeavor will fare better.

gotcha. do you know if there is any cool prize to that minigame? i think i got 1700 or so on my fourth try with kinect. i think i got credits and maybe a stamina refill.

oh and again: everyone go out and buy this game.

I think credits and stamina are really the only thing from it, other than completing the cases themselves. There is a glitch you can do for endless credits from it, if that counts lol

Tohsaka

I really liked Deadly Premonition, but unfortunately I don't have an Xbone so there's no way for me to play this. Not really surprising that a niche Japanese game with no marketing is bombing on the Xbone, though.

Top Bottom