• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Niche Japanese title on the X1, not sure why anyone expected this to be anything else than a sales flop.

outsidah

I had no idea this game even existed until it released out of nowhere. Read up on it here on GAF and it was $15 very we'll spent. I really encourage you guys and gals who like Telltale like games to check it out. I had a lot of fun with it and really look forward to the subsequent episodes being made.

(Already bought the game at release day)
Just checked @XboxP3, even after this thread, there's are still only just 9 people questioned about D4 to Phil Spencer...

Well i guess not every games can be popular even with helping from internet

ClearData

I did not want to beg, but I am flat broke and want to play this game so bad. Wanted to since E3 last year. If some kind soul can send me a code I would be grateful.

GT: Metal Hounds

Edit: Tweeted Phil. Hope he sees it.

wonzo

Banned
I don't own an Xbone, is there a way for me to buy D4 to support it? I watched the first 25 minutes or so of gameplay and loved what I saw. I'd love for SWERY to get to continue it.
you can buy it as long as you've got an xbox/ms account

We all knew this was going to happen. Super niche title and its also only for the One. Sorry, but most of the people that bought a One don't even know what this game is or care.

How much coverage has there been on D4? I don't have an Xbox One so I haven't been following it too closely. I don't think it was part of Microsoft's E3 press conference this year and their Gamescom one was too early for me to watch. Was it playable at E3 and Gamescom?

This is also why surprise release dates generally suck.

(Already bought the game at release day)
Just checked @XboxP3, even after this thread, there's are still only just 9 people questioned about D4 to Phil Spencer...

Well i guess not every games can be popular even with helping from internet

OP just sold the game to 3 people who don't even own an XBone. I'd say it's going pretty well. :)
At this rate, if you give it another day or two, the game will have sold more copies "on PS4" than on XBone.

If it were to suddenly appear on PC, I could help you.

But if you're asking me to buy an Xbone and this game?
no_rorschach.gif

I told SWERY the same via twitter... put it on a platform I own, and I'll buy it.

Biker19

Banned
At least from the posts in this thread, seems like a major problem is that the potential audience for this game is not on the platform it was released for. Not that the game is going to sell all that well regardless of the platform, but that seems to be a contributing factor.

No doubt about this. Japanese gamers aren't exactly very big on Xbox consoles.

It should've been on PS4 instead, in order to try to boost more sales for that console over in Japan.

SegaShack

Damn, props to the OP for giving away $200, now that's dedication.

I remember seeing another game they sent to die on launch, which was Crimson Dragon. Heard that game wasn't too good though but when I per-ordered my X1 that and KI were the main reasons why. It got a really bad reaction though.

Haven't DL'd this yet but will in the future. Sad to see this game isn't selling well, and in b4 people start to say "It was only the wrong console, only Sony fans play Japanese games".

edit: Looks like someone stealth beat me to the wrong platform thing. Congrats, I guess people like me who have Xboxes only want Madden and Call of Duty right? (PS I own both consoles).

Pretty sure this is bomba because it was stealth released with no marketing. When a release date announcement takes people by surprise within about a week of its release, you're gonna have a bad time.

Japanese gamers aren't big on consoles. Deadly Premonition was a cult classic and didn't even get a PS3 release in regions outside of Japan. As an effective 360 exclusive for a quite some time it apparently did well enough for them to be interested in making D4.

The primary problem is:

1. No marketing
2. No hype
3. The XBO is still a relatively small platform

Bringing it out on PS4 would indeed increase sales, but only because the PS4 has a higher install base, not because of its Japanese audience. It's a moot point anyway, since this is Microsoft published. a PC release is theoretically possible, PS4 is supremely unlikely.

Guerrilla

Bought this day one of course! Gametrailers, do your part and put up a review of D4 this game needs more exposure!

Btw, what would constitute as a success for this game?

It's the only game I own for my Xbox One until MCC so I feel I've done my part.

Those of you that own an Xbox One, at least give it a chance. It's really something special.

It's pretty disappointing that Microsoft didn't even give this a bigger highlight on the Xbox Store. Hopefully word of mouth carries it.

It should've been on PS4 instead, in order to try to boost more sales for that console over in Japan.

Yeah, I wonder why the publisher chose not to release a PS4 version?

Micerider

MS did a terrible job to sell this game.

As far as I am concerned, I have an XBone and don't mind weird Japanese stuffs but...I never understood what I should be excited about and I find the art design repelant.

D4 is great, and it sucks that it's not selling well. I find it kind of weird when I see people say that spending $400 on an Xbox One isn't ideal just for one game (in this case D4, and in others Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break) but it's perfectly fine to drop $400 on a PS4 just for Rime or Bloodborne when they come out. Imo, actually buying the console to play the game makes a whole lot more sense than buying it w/o the XO just to support Swery. It's also dumb how MS didn't do anything to create any sort of buzz for the game.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Unfortunately have no money atm, I didn't know D4 was coming out so I didn't include it in my budget which now is all taken and already gone overboard, but if someone feels that strongly that wants to gift me the game then sure, it'd be awesome! I promise to tweet impressions and links to the game afterwards :)

My GT is dashkap

edit: oh, codes are gone. Damn 20 codes were given?! Props to the OP. I'm sure I'll get to play it sometimes in 2015, if not then it'll come through GWG as much as I hate this kind of attitude :/

dreamfall

When I do get an XBO, this will be the first title I'll buy. I feel bad, because it is so awesome. But I haven't felt compelled to pick up the system- by the time Tomb Raider & Quantum Break are out, I'll be there.

Forza looks amazing. Sunset looks like frenetic radness. I'll be there soon!

Exile20

This is a joke post, right? right?

Platinum games should release Bayonetta 2 also on PS4 to boast PS4 sales also?

Alec

I was 1 in 10,000? REALLY? Sad.

I have owned an XBO since Day 1 and this was the first game I actually purchased.

Tohsaka

Japanese gamers aren't big on consoles. Deadly Premonition was a cult classic and didn't even get a PS3 release in regions outside of Japan. As an effective 360 exclusive for a quite some time it apparently did well enough for them to be interested in making D4.

The primary problem is:

1. No marketing
2. No hype
3. The XBO is still a relatively small platform

Bringing it out on PS4 would indeed increase sales, but only because the PS4 has a higher install base, not because of its Japanese audience. It's a moot point anyway, since this is Microsoft published. a PC release is theoretically possible, PS4 is supremely unlikely.

Deadly Premonition did get released in the west on PS3, it just came out later.

Top Bottom