• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Xbox One has a targeted launch date of late November 2013"

This

27th is far too close to black friday

MS is silly, not stupid

If they release on the 22nd, they sell out and there's nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on the 27th, they sell out and there's nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on Thanksgiving Day exclusively at Walmart, they sell out and there's nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on Cyber Monday exclusively online, they sell out and there was nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on the 22nd, they sell out and there's nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on the 27th, they sell out and there's nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on Thanksgiving Day exclusively at Walmart, they sell out and there's nothing for Black Friday.

If they release on Cyber Monday exclusively online, they sell out and there was nothing for Black Friday.

Ever since we heard talk of the discrepancy in pre-order allocations between the X1 and PS4 I've held the notion that MS might be holding some X1 stock back from pre-orders much like Sony so as to have some units on shelves

I guess they'd prefer to have higher pre-orders then but not sure why Sony wouldn't too

Perhaps people vying for a limited number of consoles on Black Friday creates positive buzz for your product?

Just a theory anyways

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why is it death before blakc friday, black friday is all about finding deals on cheap arse shit. not spending $350 - $500 on a console....

Shaniele vindicated!!!!

#teamshaniele

Amazing.

why is it death before blakc friday, black friday is all about finding deals on cheap arse shit. not spending $350 - $500 on a console....

Agreed. And I think anyone thinking there will be a Black Friday deal on one of the consoles that doesn't amount to a bundle is kidding themselves. However, some retailers will probably hold back supply for this purpose to try to attract people to stores, and having those promotions creates valuable mindshare for the respective consoles as people consider Holiday gifts. That's the real significance.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
What IF.........................................
it gets delayed to December.

iammeiam

Because it's when people do big-ticket Christmas shopping, and if your offering isn't out by then they'll just buy something else on that day.

It's the biggest shopping day of the year

You want some stock any amount of stock for black friday as it will encourage sales of other things

Including Xbox games, accessories etc.

It's also a throwing a bone to retailers I imagine as it will help them to sell more by enticing more buyers in

My thoughts anyways

I find it really weird they (MS) won't pinpoint a release date. Kind of late in the game not to have one, isn't it?

yeah it's interesting to say the least

Only 2 semi-logical reasons I can think of as to why they haven't announced it yet

1. They will announce it at TGS like they did the X360 release dates because they have no real announcements that will elicit excitement for the Japanese gamers (ironic because they likely won't have the Japanese release date) and want to try and compete with Sony who will have some game announcements for TGS even if small

2. It isn't decided yet because something is still in the works. This would be worst case scenario and if true would worry me personally. Maybe voice controls or UI or something isn't polished enough.

First one is probably more likely although retailers being unaware is surprising

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Maybe they are waiting to see if Nov. 5th is somehow possible? Then Nov. 5th launch with CoD pack-in! BOOM!!!

Still is my honest, ridiculously retarded opinion.

Duxxy3

Stores will have stock for black friday. Every system launched in october or november has had stock on black friday.

NoTacos

Well I know who that is, but did he predict a launch date or something?

Hell, my Amazon order since June has said Nov 27th as the date.
An insider. He predicts a LOT of stuff. Mostly everything he's posted concerning Microsoft and Xbox (360/One) has come true, however Sony info isn't his forte. Still, he's only been wrong like 2 or 3 times in 9 years.

QaaQer

yeah it's interesting to say the least

Only 2 semi-logical reasons I can think of as to why they haven't announced it yet

1. They will announce it at TGS like they did the X360 release dates because they have no real announcements that will elicit excitement for the Japanese gamers (ironic because they likely won't have the Japanese release date) and want to try and compete with Sony who will have some game announcements for TGS even if small

2. It isn't decided yet because something is still in the works. This would be worst case scenario and if true would worry me personally. Maybe voice controls or UI or something isn't polished enough.

First one is probably more likely although retailers being unaware is surprising

Peter Moore's callout of MS points to #2.

GhaleonEB

It's the biggest shopping day of the year
You want some stock any amount of stock for black friday as it will encourage sales of other things

Including Xbox games, accessories etc.

It's also a throwing a bone to retailers I imagine as it will help them to sell more by enticing more buyers in

My thoughts anyways

It's a huge shopping day, but it's a common myth that it's the biggest. That's usually right before Christmas.

It would still be a significant miss to not hit it, regardless.

... "targeted"?

According to Penello. There must be an NDA on it, because it sure as hell didn't pop up anywhere.

This is what puzzles me. There are tech blogs that couldnt give the slightest fuck about gaming that would of covered it if so.

It would be very strange for it to be under NDA in its entireity when no other major device in recent memory subject to the same restriction. Even if certain parts of the Device where kept under wraps, there still should be some public evidence of certification.

looking at Major nelsons post, he says "approval" not certification. Dont want to be a stickler for details, but FCC certification is a Two step process. Approval could relate to the first part.

Stores will have stock for black friday. Every system launched in october or november has had stock on black friday.

Either way, they sell out and it doesn't matter.

There's a lot of anxiety around here about the release date. I doubt MS has that same anxiety. It just doesn't matter when they release the darn thing, just get it out. Before, after, same time as PS4, doesn't amount to a hill of beans. This holiday doesn't tell any story, provided one or the other doesn't fall flat on its face like Wii U.

Their problems are on the supply and services side: will they have enough and is the system software (voice, etc.) ready.

jcm

It would be very weird to announce the release date during TGS. They've done some wacky shit with the xbone, but that would really take things to the next level.

Top Bottom