• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One November Preview Info

The Flash

Banned
I think I'm going to go with this as my background

lbNJuxR.png

Done a wallpaper based on Xbox 360 with 21 colors which match the tile colour on the Xbox One OS. Uploading all 21 JPG files for anyone who would like to use. I'll also do the same version without the Xbox rings which is basically a gradient.

Some samples.

Woah ! This is amazing !

I love the blue one (my favorite color), can't wait to customize my dashboard.

I believe Cortana the app is available outside of the US however Cortana's voice is US only, you can use it by changing you region however (I'm running it now).

Cortana is available in beta form in UK if you have the developer preview installed and upgraded to wp8.1 update 1
Works brilliantly on my Lumia 930

So since this is the november dashboard thread:

Is there a thread either here or in Community dedicated to discussing the base machine? I have a few issues and need someone smarter then me to help me figure out what is going on with my XB1.

Caayn

Fixing the language settings on your achievements app, maybe?

It's been an issue for months now and has gotten even worse over the last couple of weeks.
Jup. Hate it, causes some major inconsistency. Even my profile page has both Dutch and English O_O

Come on MS fix it, choose the language based on a system settings and use that as the default for EVERYTHING. Don't use two different metrics to determine the language of a string.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Jup. Hate it, causes some major inconsistency. Even my profile page has both Dutch and English O_O

Come on MS fix it, choose the language based on a system settings and use that as the default for EVERYTHING. Don't use two different metrics to determine the language of a string.

Yea this is annoying. I never had a problem until a few months ago. Seems to put out the language based on your IP location.

Miles X

Done a wallpaper based on Xbox 360 with 21 colors which match the tile colour on the Xbox One OS. Uploading all 21 JPG files for anyone who would like to use. I'll also do the same version without the Xbox rings which is basically a gradient.

Some samples.

Want! Please upload these, would appreciate it :)

Edit - just noticed you have them up, thanks.

watership

Not getting any option to set as wallpaper inside Media Player Preview. Running the latest OS build.

edit: had to re-install to get the option. However, the pictures are stupidly blurry when viewing on Xbox One even though the files are 1080p.

I am not sure they're blurry at all. When I look at the images in the media player, they look very sharp. However, when I bring up the menu to select the image as background, the whole image dims, and THAT dimmed image is what shows up in the background, not the bright image itself.

Maybe that's by design, so the background doesn't overwhelm the foreground, but it's annoying.

iMax

I am not sure they're blurry at all. When I look at the images in the media player, they look very sharp. However, when I bring up the menu to select the image as background, the whole image dims, and THAT dimmed image is what shows up in the background, not the bright image itself.

Maybe that's by design, so the background doesn't overwhelm the foreground, but it's annoying.

No, mine is like crazy blurry. It's setting thumbnails as the background, not the full-res image. It's really, really weird but only with some images.

rjcc

is anyone else having a problem where they can't play multiplayer with certain people? I try to join them in destiny, and the join button just stays greyed out. My NAT is open, etc.

iMax

is anyone else having a problem where they can't play multiplayer with certain people? I try to join them in destiny, and the join button just stays greyed out. My NAT is open, etc.

I'm not but I have heard the same from others on the 1411 build.

rjcc

I'm not but I have heard the same from others on the 1411 build.

and it's only certain people, like a friend that I played with before the update just fine, and a GAFfer I tried to run a strike with last night. a couple of other friends and randoms / matchmaking? no problem. I sent in a report.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
I had the PSD updated to show green squares instead of transparent ones. It should be easier to visualize proper placement now. Same link, new PSD.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Cortana is available in beta form in UK if you have the developer preview installed and upgraded to wp8.1 update 1
Works brilliantly on my Lumia 930
I'm in the UK, you should switch region to US so you get Jen Taylor as the voice :D .

Webhead

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am in the preview program and don't have the update yet. Is there a way to force update with the preview program?

Kssio_Aug

Its official. I hate DLNA servers! I can't make this thing to work! Wasnt able to connect Plex here, and besides I'm sharing via Windows Media Player my Musics and Videos with the Xbox One, I just cant share the damn pictures (I tried to creat a folder with my wallpapers). I tried to include the folder in the WMP Library but when I try to find it with the Xbox One or any other equipment, it just cant find any photo or the folder! It can find the musics, it can find the movies, but it cant find the photos!! I tried everything!

Damn, what a irritating piece of crap is that "sharing" stuff! ¬¬

Glad you guys are enjoying the update and the template.

Let me know if we can do anything else..

;)

Can we get an option to choose how much the background image dims by? Makes a lot of pictures unusable because the effect is lost when they're dimmed so much.

Patch notes for games would be nice

ekim

I downloaded the preview dashboard app but after opening it I only see a picture of the console and an exit button. What now? How do I get options/the preview update itself? It says "no updates available" in the system settings.

Shouldn't there be a register button or something in the preview app?

No one? :(

jesu

Its official. I hate DLNA servers! I can't make this thing to work! Wasnt able to connect Plex here, and besides I'm sharing via Windows Media Player my Musics and Videos with the Xbox One, I just cant share the damn pictures (I tried to creat a folder with my wallpapers). I tried to include the folder in the WMP Library but when I try to find it with the Xbox One or any other equipment, it just cant find any photo or the folder! It can find the musics, it can find the movies, but it cant find the photos!! I tried everything!

Damn, what a irritating piece of crap is that "sharing" stuff! ¬¬

Try Universal Media Server, WMP is a pain.

Sth. with your registration has to be wrong or network problems causing that.
I'm day 1 preview user, but I am behind a VPN so sometimes my Xbox does not synchronise, then my preview app shows the same shit you get.
But after a couple minutes it should be there.
If it says "all services available" and you can't launch preview ask about it in MS support chat.

ekim

Sth. with your registration has to be wrong or network problems causing that.
I'm day 1 preview user, but I am behind a VPN so sometimes my Xbox does not synchronise, then my preview app shows the same shit you get.
But after a couple minutes it should be there.
If it says "all services available" and you can't launch preview ask about it in MS support chat.
image34xje.jpg
that's all I see. :-/
Should I try and change my DNS?

Ade

image34xje.jpg
that's all I see. :-/
Should I try and change my DNS?

When exactly did you get in?

From memory it goes:

Get someone to invite you
X amount of days wait
Get code to download the app
X amount of days wait
Get ability to register your console via the app
X amount of days wait
Actually get an update

Full reboot (hold power) and clear the secondary MAC can sometimes force it too.

Can you access the preview forum on xbox.com?

ekim

When exactly did you get in?

From memory it goes:

Get someone to invite you
X amount of days wait
Get code to download the app
X amount of days wait
Get ability to register your console via the app
X amount of days wait
Actually get an update

Full reboot (hold power) and clear the secondary MAC can sometimes force it too.

Can you access the preview forum on xbox.com?

Oh I have access to the preview forums for a long time. I was invited back then but the download code message expired and I didn't bother with it until last week. I asked in the preview forums for a new code and got one 2 days ago.

OrangeOak

So I learned that I have to be invited to preview.I would love an invite in that case.I was always is dashboard betas on 360 and would love to continue that tradition :)
I would really appreciate it.

Mask

Is it possible to be invited multiple times and never get in the Preview Program?

I've been invited like 2 or 3 times now, and still nothing..

Chorazin

Is it possible to be invited multiple times and never get in the Preview Program?

I've been invited like 2 or 3 times now, and still nothing..

It can take a week or so to get in, if you are accepted. I'm not sure what their criteria is, but I guess not everyone gets in.

Top Bottom