• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One October Preview detailed

Bsigg12

Great.
iMa97mJn2uW2v.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't know what DLNA is, lol.

Stoked for the friends app and better Kinectless snap UI!

Double tap Home and then press X to record the last 30 seconds of game play. I guess we'll have something similar for the eventual screen shot feature.

statham

whoa, finally friends tab, and its nice.

and the screenshot is either harder to program or they have something special planned.

Chris1

Extremely happy about DLNA & the option to hide games in the "ready to install list"

Loving all these monthly updates, keep them coming MS.

malfcn

Xbox GIF that!

Snap feels very fast.
When you snap, go home and then resume there is a lot of artifacts on the snap edge.

And snap center is cool.

MCD

Oh man...that controller assign thingy is something I wanted the Xbox team to do ever since 360 launched.

Assigning more accessories is even better. Good job.

Korosenai

So snap is fucking awesome now.... And im loving the friends tab. The achievement leaderboard is pretty awesome.

Also, the friends snap is what ive wanted since i got my xbox one. Reminds me of how easy it was to see friends and send party invites on the 360.

MrBenchmark

Unknown. Perhaps I shouldn't have referred to it as the "October preview" because Major Nelson didn't but presumably late September/early October

Welcome to the October update preview!

That's posted top of the notes in the new October preview section

Found a glitch. In snap pane, when scrolling down it won't scroll down after a certain amount, so I can't access all my snap able apps from in there :/

Why can't Sony be more proactive like MS with their updates? At least give a solid date and what they are working on next.

Really like how MS handles this.

A lot of stuff does nothing for me, mainly the Live TV improvements . Looking at the Xbox feedback site there is quite a few things to work on that could of been more of a priority than some of that list, such as themes, screenshots, Gamerpics and voice messaging.

Disappointed slightly but nice job on the monthly updates.

Welcome to the October update preview!

That's posted top of the notes in the new October preview section

Ah fair enough, I didn't check that yet, too busy playing around, I did good then!

Snap centre, so good but I don't have the friends tab. Phil pls.

Edit: Nevermind, got it

One criticism, they really need to add your gamerscore to it. I mean I have it on the bit at the top next to notifications with my profile picture but it doesn't need to be there.

Also, I think for discoverability, putting friends to the left of Home might have been better?

REV 09

I don't think I like the friends tab. Dash seems super busy now...and the main screen isn't boxed in like a tv anymore. Snap seems like it could be useful now.

Top Bottom