• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S: 40% smaller, 2TB, 4K for movies/tv, internal PSU, $300

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
packaging:
Ck3XTy_UYAEn9ab.jpg:large

I know it shouldnt matter, but damn. That thing looks hot.

EGM1966

Looks very nice. No Kinect dedicated port either? Guess it really s dead as a core peripheral and merely remains for niche demographic now.

Nutter

Since it's a clear that they are rebranding. Can we get a rebranded game case as well? The current gray side panels are ugly as fuck.

WadeitOut

I currently have both the 2Tb and 500gb on preorder with Amazon because the 500gb is showing a December placeholder. Was it officially confirmed all SKUs are launching the same day in August so I can cancel this 2TB?

Tomeru

I would assume it would be universal if they're going internal but that would be a could question to throw at Phil Spencer or Mike Ybarra on Twitter. I'm sure they would answer it.

Yeah well, what do you know. I just took a look at the unboxing video, and it's right there on the sticker: 100-240V. Awesome news.

krang

Looks very nice. No Kinect dedicated port either? Guess it really s dead as a core peripheral and merely remains for niche demographic now.

Actually it makes perfect sense. They stopped selling Kinect with the proprietary connector a while back, and standardised on a USB connector. As such, anyone buying one would need to get an adapter to plug it into the proprietary port. This just brings it in line with what they've been doing for about a year now.

EGM1966

People with a Kinect and Xbox One can get a free adapter after the purchase a slim.
Yeah that's my point. It's subtle as a difference but makes clear Kinect is merely another periperal competing for a limited set of USB ports and only for those interested vs being integral to the system and its operation. It's felt like that for a while but this feels more like official acknowledgment.

krang

Yeah that's my point. It's subtle as a difference but makes clear Kinect is merely another periperal competing for a limited set of USB ports and only for those interested vs being integral to the system and its operation. It's felt like that for a while but this feels more like official acknowledgment.

See my post above. You can only buy Kinect with a USB adapter now, so why would they put the old proprietary jack on it?

Jonboy

Not to be nitpicky, but the OP makes it sound as if the 2TB version is $300.

It's the 500GB version for $300 though.

Edit: Mean the thread title.

c0de

How about hard drive speed? Will the slim perform better with external hard drive like the fat?

For usual drives non ssd there won't be much higher rates. The external is faster because it only contains games while the internal is also coping with other stuff from the os. Multiple access is bad in terms of access time and throughput.

Are all the internal drives still slow af 5400rpm? I'm considering picking up a 2TB Slim to replace my lone remaining non-Elite Xbone. But I've gotten used to my Elites with faster SSHD drives, so I might hold out for an Elite S model (in black).

Broman1978

Welcome to Sweden. Shops like Discshop and Webhallen put up preorders now for the new Slim.
$600 for Xbox One Slim
About twice the price they have for Xbox One 1TB with Division or Rise of the Tomb Raider lol

BFIB

Gaffers, don't forget that if you want the $300 model with 500GB, all you have to do is get an external hard drive to add on from there. Might be a lot cheaper to get the 500GB model, and add on a terabyte external for $50.

rdytoroll

This is the best looking console I have ever seen. And 299€ is a really good price (500GB is good enough for me). Hmm, this would make a great christmas gift. I wanna play the Xbox exclusives and especially Horizon 3

Hate to be that guy but, what are the chances this comes out in black?

All my other components are black, and I'd like to stick with that trend.

I hope Scorpio is black.

Hawk269

This is confirmed? Not just 4K streaming? Amazing if true.

Yes, it is confirmed that it has a UHD Blu Ray drive in it. Pretty amazing considering the only UHD Player available right now is Samsungs and it alone cost $399.99. So for $299.99 you get a UHD Player and a Xbox One Console in one package.

jmdajr

Yes, it is confirmed that it has a UHD Blu Ray drive in it. Pretty amazing considering the only UHD Player available right now is Samsungs and it alone cost $399.99. So for $299.99 you get a UHD Player and a Xbox One Console in one package.

Game clanger if true. That's something I haven't even thought of. Kinda crazy they have a UHD player before SONY.

New002

Hate to be that guy but, what are the chances this comes out in black?

All my other components are black, and I'd like to stick with that trend.

I hope Scorpio is black.

I'm in the same boat.

I think the white Xbox Ones look great, and I want to want one, but everything else in my entertainment center is black and fades in to the background. I'm torn :(

Top Bottom