• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

harz-marz

Funny, I was just telling my GF I feel the opposite about the bumpers! They feel hollow and plasticy to me on the new controller, and more solid on the Elite. Decent click though, I'll give the new controller that. It's definitely better than the OG controller we had for a while now.

I have this one from Seagate and it's awesome. Read and write speeds are super fast, haven't had a single problem with it!

Thanks I got this one this evening!!

f@luS

More than a member.
My first Xbox S had many issue so I changed it

I have 5 UHd and they all work but revenant

Any idea ?

Varg

Banned
Damn this system is sexy. Wifey was even impressed when she got home. Love the controller grip feel . Downloading some BC games to try out in a few and then it's madden ultimate team all night baby

I have the same setup. I have the A40 headphones plugged into the mixamp Headset port and a 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable going from the Controller connection on the amp to the controller.

Under the Xbox guide settings you can then adjust game audio/voice to suit what you need or plug in the optical from the XB1 to the amp. The sound is better but if you don't want to keep swapping cables out the audio from the controller is fine.

Or the easiest you can just plug the headphones right into the controller. Sound quality shouldn't be any different.
Awesome! Thank you. The Elite controller has a 3.5mm input, so I'll be able to plug my mic directly into it. My Elite controller just arrived and it is a beast. It feels incredible. Why Sony hasn't made anything like it is well beyond me. It also makes Scuf controllers feel like a toy in comparison to the precision tool that is the elite controller.

psyfi

Banned
Is this ever coming out in black? Any announced plans? The white model looks great but it clashes with all my other stuff.

01DragonFly

Thanks for those sending Their Request , unfortunately we are full and will be making more space next Monday for those that I couldn't add today(we have to kick some inactive player ) .

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Quick question to those who have upgraded from the original Xbox One, do Plants Vs Zombies GW2 or Halo 5 (the only games I've played on both systems) look better on the new system? I can't shake the idea that they do.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is there any way to turn off the "external storage is ready to use" " every time I boot my Xbox one S? Having an USB 2tb hard drive connected

phant0m

Is there any way to turn off the "external storage is ready to use" " every time I boot my Xbox one S? Having an USB 2tb hard drive connected

Mine doesn't do this, I have a 2 TB WD my passport ultra connected. I only see that message when connecting the drive. Are you using instant on? I don't think it keeps power to the USB port in power saving mode.

Krakatoa

Quick question to those who have upgraded from the original Xbox One, do Plants Vs Zombies GW2 or Halo 5 (the only games I've played on both systems) look better on the new system? I can't shake the idea that they do.

If you have a 4k TV they will be up scaled to 4k, other than that I don think there's any differences.

Wuiji

My Xbox One only does that when it boots up from being powered off completely. If you've got it set to Instant On mode then I don't think you should be getting that message, because the external drive will always be on.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The install times are still absolutely shite I see.

Even installing FH3 in offline mode it's taking hours.
Hours? What the fu-
Longest install I've ever had must have been 30-40 minutes. Even a full BR disc of 50GB would take only 41 minutes maximum at the 20MB/s read speed the drive is stuck at.

bubu

Brand new console today and after trying to get my surround sound working, I can't chose uncompressed 5.1 for some reason. I had to resort to using Bitstream with a hdmi cable but this has a 1 second delay so I am now stuck with Stereo uncompressed.

Does anybody else have this problem? This really sucks as I never got this problem with the PS4.

As I said, they look pretty awesome together:

0esaz.jpg

So sexy.

Xamdou

So aside from the 4K Blu Ray player and slim redesign, anything else different from the OG Xbone one like faster hard drive and start up?

Wuiji

So aside from the 4K Blu Ray player and slim redesign, anything else different from the OG Xbone one like faster hard drive and start up?

Streaming to my PC seems a little bit more stable over wifi on the Xbox One S than it was via a wired connection on my Xbox One.

So far, no controller disconnections. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Brand new console today and after trying to get my surround sound working, I can't chose uncompressed 5.1 for some reason. I had to resort to using Bitstream with a hdmi cable but this has a 1 second delay so I am now stuck with Stereo uncompressed.

Does anybody else have this problem? This really sucks as I never got this problem with the PS4.

Try a different HDMI port on your receiver. Maybe HDMI1 or HDMI2. Then reboot your xbox and try again.

zedge

Got my 1TB Madden bundle today.

Traded my OG xbone at the MS store, got $220, plus a $50 gift card and a free game (watchdogs meh). They only took the console too, so I kept the controller, power brick, hdmi cable etc. Power brick is kind of useless to me lol.

Ended up costing $218.

This thing is so nice in person, damn. Love the feel of the controller now.

I have no interest in Madden 17 so I figure I can sell the code. What should I ask for it?

Guy Legend

Traded my OG xbone at the MS store, got $220, plus a $50 gift card and a free game (watchdogs meh). They only took the console too, so I kept the controller, power brick, hdmi cable etc. Power brick is kind of useless to me lol.

Ended up costing $218.

I have no interest in Madden 17 so I figure I can sell the code. What should I ask for it?

How did you get 220 for just trading in the old console?

Rsinart

Well picked up the 500g system through the target free game glitch. Now wondering what is a good fairly cheap external hard drive?

RBH

Ended up costing $218.

How did you get 220 for just trading in the old console?
That's the same thing I'm wondering.

Because if you're getting $220 for your OG Xbox One, I may just trade in mine too.

psyfi

Banned
After selling my old XB1 a few months ago I finally ordered an S. :) I'm stoked, it's cute as hell. I'm mostly going to be playing Overwatch and Halo 5 if anyone wants to be buds. I lean pretty heavily towards playing to win, but I don't take it too seriously. GT = psyfi.

Jzero

I'm about to pull the trigger for the 4K Blu-ray player but a white console on all black furniture is going to look weird.

flozuki

So coming from PS4 only, I have a list of

FH3
MCC
Halo 5
Gears Ultimate
Gears 4

Have I missed any exclusive stuff?

I would add Ori and Rare Replay (if you are interested in their old stuff) to the list.

You really don't need Gears Ultimate if you have the 360 game.

Since he most likely won't play on a potato I would say there is a slight difference... Extra chapter and Online Gaming might be another factor.

Footos22

Come back from not having a one for a year and a half. Bought load stuff on the cheap like halo 5 digital deluxe for 17 quid and mcc for £4.49

Don't think I've really missed anything in that time tbh. Seems like a good a time as any to get back in

All I'm really missing is quantum break and rare replay.

Don't care for sim racers so sticking with Horizon 3

Basically got an s.
Overwatch
Forza Horizon 3
Fifa 17
Mcc
Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Gears of War ultimate
For 270 quid.

Can't make this shit up.
Now just gotta wait for the console because tesco are terrible.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is crushed black still an issue ? I've read dozen of topics on avs and neogaf and none can help me figure why I still have crushed black :(

Footos22

Is crushed black still an issue ? I've read dozen of topics on avs and neogaf and none can help me figure why I still have crushed black :(

Usually its because you have the TV and console rbg settings not the same.
Set both to limited or if your TV can do full sey both to full. It doesn't matter as long as they are both the same.

Top Bottom