• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Set Up Videos from Guy

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seriously, that shit was weird. "Hang on son, don't start recording yet...I gotta go put my bandana on so I look like a bad ass for all the youtube people"

Sometimes Kenny Powers is a show and sometimes it's a way of life.

we are lucky his smoking hot wife Starla didn't show.

EvB

Wow, how big is the mute button when it's plugged in?!

That will certainly be easier than fumbled around with inline controls.

ClearData

First Impressions:

• Console was a lot larger than reports led me to believe. People were saying that it is smaller in person. That thing looked like a slab on that stool.
  • Dashboard didn't seem particularly snappy and seemed to lag.
  • Boot-up times felt a bit long to me but I put SSDs in damn near anyting that can take them so I'm probably expecting too much.
  • I understand that some content needs to be kept under wraps but banning people? If they didn't want people accessing dashboard and game features why release the day one update weeks out from launch? The console is a pretty looking brick without it. Now you get the negative PR that comes from banning legal customers (not surprising from them as of late).

ClearData

I wanna see that non pr non staged unboxing and ui show from that kid who got a ps4.

Was that staged? It seems a little suspect that it is now tomorrow and no video after people confirmed who the kid's dad was. I'm not sure how much credence there is to PS4s being out there. All I've seen is some nice pictures of people holding boxes but no videos.

quaere

I have that TV as a spare. Best Buy sold it for $299 new. It's 1024x768 (not even 720p) and somehow is a plasma with worse black levels than a cheap LCD.

I lauged in last video.........Console Banned.

Can you imagine the excitement you have when you bring home a brand new console and you are beyond pumped to play as these guys are......and then Bam, console banned before you can even get to the home screen. :(

MormaPope

Banned
nevermind, thought it was the other video. He has a brick.

All the videos in the OP are from the same uploader. Doing the first time setup again after getting the update and getting console banned might make the console a little loopy, the console might try to connect the internet if it already has a network on it.

The uploader for these vids has a uploaded video which has over a million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WHhrFwrn4

A pickup truck pull-off?

m5u9mqN.jpg

watership

Those videos make the Xbox One look bigger than my X51. It can't be that big.

Console did look quite large sitting on that stool thing though.

[*]Console was a lot larger than reports led me to believe. People were saying that it is smaller in person. That thing looked like a slab on that stool.

i just now realised how huge that thing realy is.
holy..

I wish my rooms were that big growing up :(

No one noticed it's a super wide angle lens? Look at how the tv and walls are warped.. The console is big but it's not THAT big. Neither is his room. :)

220px-Focal_length.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide-angle_lens

Gold Member
For Microsoft's sake I hope their servers can handle the load they're going to get on the 22nd.
That was my thought watching that last vid, I wonder how many people will be getting that "there is a problem with the patch" message on release day. Same applies to Sony too, hope it all goes smoothly though!

Top Bottom