• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows releasing today

SURGEdude

Can't wait for Amazon to ship mine. Gonna put my old v.1 controller to use on my PC and use the elite I'm getting gifted for my Bone when it arrives. Then I can use my old PC 360 controller to replace my worn out one on my downstairs Xbox. Perfect timing.

The Microsoft Store shipped mine and it will arrive tomorrow. Cancelled my Amazon pre-order. I was thinking of going to the Microsoft retail store here in NYC, but unsure if it's there. I hate the wire, but I love the controller.

Mircrosoft get it the 20th, everybody else getting it on the 27th. I guess it a way for Microsoft to boost their own stores.
I just order earlier today, they overnight it for free.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I ordered one of the bundles last night and they appear to have overnighted it for free and it's getting here tomorrow. Weiiird.

I also posted this in the other thread

So I went to the MSFT store this morning to pick up the adapter after having called the store and they told me they had them in stock. I go to get wrung up for one and the adapter is not in their system. The manager tries to look it up in the system, it's not in the inventory to sell. She proceeds to tell me it releases tomorrow in the store. I show her the web site that it has been released since yesterday. She tells me to come back tomorrow. I was persistent since I don't live close to the store, I am not going to make another trip out. She ended up taking another item off the shelf that is $24.99 after approval from her manager and then just put the notes in my receipt for the actual adapter in case I run into any issue during the 30 day return policy. What a real PITA.

Freiya

So I went to the MSFT store this morning to pick up the adapter after having called the store and they told me they had them in stock. I go to get wrung up for one and the adapter is not in their system. The manager tries to look it up in the system, it's not in the inventory to sell. She proceeds to tell me it releases tomorrow in the store. I show her the web site that it has been released since yesterday. She tells me to come back tomorrow. I was persistent since I don't live close to the store, I am not going to make another trip out. She ended up taking another item off the shelf that is $24.99 after approval from her manager and then just put the notes in my receipt for the actual adapter in case I run into any issue during the 30 day return policy. What a real PITA.

Thanks for posting this! I'm about 25 mins away from my store and I definitely don't want to go down there for nothing.

NeonBlack

My store had to do the same.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If say you wanted to use two xbone controllers on your pc for some Street Fighter V local multiplayer, could you use one of these for connecting both controllers or would you need a separate adapter for each controller you plan to connect?

Seville

Hmm. Have one of these pre-ordered from Amazon for 49.95 when there was a sale. Not sure if I should cancel it or not since I need Windows 10, and I'm on 7. Don't plan on upgrading for a while :\

Btw, is the xbox one controller good? Always had sony consoles so I don't know how the controllers are

NeonBlack

Loxley

Hmm. Have one of these pre-ordered from Amazon for 49.95 when there was a sale. Not sure if I should cancel it or not since I need Windows 10, and I'm on 7. Don't plan on upgrading for a while :\

Btw, is the xbox one controller good? Always had sony consoles so I don't know how the controllers are

A someone who, just two days ago, purchased the "wired" X1 PC controller - I really like it. I bought it to replace my aging wired 360 pad and the build quality is excellent. My only nitpick would be that the analog stick thumb-pads are a bit small, but I got used to them pretty quickly. The D-Pad is a nice as well.

How the heck are people getting free overnight shipping on these things? Here I am with my free standard shipping. :(

The Microsoft Store was giving out free overnight shipping to pre-orders and launch day purchases. I selected standard shipping on my order and they still overnighted it.

If say you wanted to use two xbone controllers on your pc for some Street Fighter V local multiplayer, could you use one of these for connecting both controllers or would you need a separate adapter for each controller you plan to connect?

No. Each adapter supports eight controllers.

Says in the OP. One adapter supports up to eight controllers. In addition it can support two stereo headsets or 4 chat headsets. So yeah, SFV will work fine with one adapter and two controllers.

Yes, I personally think it's god-tier. They actually managed to make something better than the 360 pad (and with a working d-pad thank god). Really comfortable to hold in the hands and the triggers have such a smooth pull on them compared to the 360 or even DS4 which I believe both use springs. If you want to try before you buy, just go to Gamestop or Bestbuy or something.

*Edit* Also, just to make sure you're aware, the free Windows 10 upgrade offer is only valid until next summer (July 29 is the last day). After that it will become a paid upgrade. They included built-in utilities to roll back to your previous version of Windows if you'd like, and once you do that you can then upgrade later for free whenever you'd like since your PC will have been marked as upgraded already in their system. Just an FYI so you don't forget about it and didn't realize you will need to pay money for it later.

The Microsoft Store was giving out free overnight shipping to pre-orders and launch day purchases. I selected standard shipping on my order and they still overnighted it.
Looks like they upgraded mine to overnight shipping as well. Just got a confirmation that it's arriving tomorrow. Sweet.

Maddrical

I wonder when this comes to Australia? Can't find it in the Aussie MS Store.

I really want to know this. JB HIFI & EB Games both are listing the controller + wireless adapter bundle as 'in stock' online, but nothing about the adapter by itself. I already own a controller but I really want an adapter. I guess I'll go into JB HIFI after work and see if they stock them.

So does using this allow me to hear Game Audio from my Headset connected to the Xbox One controller?

Cause currently, wired controller+headset doesn't allow any sound or even using the microphone.

I have the Xbox one play and charge kit. Can I just use that instead of this?

I'm also getting the Xbox one elite controller. Hoping I can just use the play and charge kit for that too.

I really want to know this. JB HIFI & EB Games both are listing the controller + wireless adapter bundle as 'in stock' online, but nothing about the adapter by itself. I already own a controller but I really want an adapter. I guess I'll go into JB HIFI after work and see if they stock them.

I wonder if there is an Elite controller + adapter bundle?

Trace

Banned
I have a scheduled delivery of 5 days. I live about 45 minutes away from the distribution center.

Really Microsoft?

So where does one get the drivers for this thing?

I went into Settings in Windows 10 and then Check for Updates (you can also find this by searching for "update"). It said I had one update available, and it was the driver for the adapter. I actually had to click update twice before it would install properly.

On another note, is there any way to actually shut the damn controller off without ripping the batteries out? Surely there must be a button combo!

Freiya

I went into Settings in Windows 10 and then Check for Updates (you can also find this by searching for "update"). It said I had one update available, and it was the driver for the adapter. I actually had to click update twice before it would install properly.

On another note, is there any way to actually shut the damn controller off without ripping the batteries out? Surely there must be a button combo!

haha I ended up figuring it out as soon as I posted! Thanks though. ;D

Completely forgotten I had ordered one of these, then an Amazon.de (not my local Amazon) notification pops up that it's on the way! For some reason I thought it had been delayed... guess not!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Anyone else have issues with the wireless adapter? I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 to get the drivers to work. Any time I use a ds4 I have to reinstall the drivers for the xbone controller. Rumble doesn't work unless I use a wire. Kind of a clusterfuck for what I paid for it.

Freaking GameStop still doesn't have my preorder! First they said the 20th, then the 23rd, and then went back on my lunch this afternoon and they still don't have it. Getting entirely too fed up with Gamestops BS.

They are so incompetent even the damn manager asked what it was for while his assistant looked for it the manager literally said "does it let you play PC games on your Xbone One?" and I just looked at her and said are you serious? They don't even hire people that have the slightest idea of what they are selling so freaking unbelievable!

Needlecrash

The drivers have been updated guys. Go to the device manager, go to network devices, select the xbox wireless adapter for Windows and update the driver. The vibration function works. I can confirm this.

Head.spawn

The drivers have been updated guys. Go to the device manager, go to network devices, select the xbox wireless adapter for Windows and update the driver. The vibration function works. I can confirm this.

Seconded.

Rumble and audio through the headset work perfectly after this update.

Top Bottom