• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

FZW

It depends on why a game was 720p. The fox engine games for example could perhaps be in the end, the engine underperformed on Xbox One.

Wasnt that just poor optimization? They managed to raise it for PES 2016 to 1360x1080.

I'm so in for Forza Horizon 3, Witcher 3, Dishonored 2 patches. I don't have a 4K TV but I'd imagine with downsampling and higher res textures, plus performance, it'll make a difference. I'll probably wait to play the new Dishonored DLC with the update.

Games like Madden, Rocket League, etc., will be a nice add. Interested to see the difference in low key games like that.

Colbert

Banned
I'm so in for Forza Horizon 3, Witcher 3, Dishonored 2 patches. I don't have a 4K TV but I'd imagine with downsampling and higher res textures, plus performance, it'll make a difference. I'll probably wait to play the new Dishonored DLC with the update.

Games like Madden, Rocket League, etc., will be a nice add. Interested to see the difference in low key games like that.

Games I already own and will play first or replay on the One X on a glory 65" 4K OLED TV:
Gears 4, FH3, Witcher 3, FF15, Doom

c0de

Wasnt that just poor optimization? They managed to raise it for PES 2016 to 1360x1080.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Some games at the beginning of the generation were hardly representative of what the system could do and only used the ddr3 ram. This bottleneck is gone completely with Xbox One X so theycould run a lot better.

Klocker

Really need to find a way to clearly see the benefit of HDR. No need to upgrade yet but really want to see the best graphics on my xbx.

Have 60" now and 55 seems too small and 65 too big for sitting close

Got to see what HDR is all about

Colbert

Banned
Really need to find a way to clearly see the benefit of HDR. No need to upgrade yet but really want to see the best graphics on my xbx.

Have 60" now and 55 seems too small and 65 too big for sitting close

Got to see what HDR is all about

Once you saw HDR in effect it cannot be unseen
and you will immediately buy a 4K HDR TV set. LOL
. My personal experience.

Once you saw HDR in effect it cannot be unseen
and you will immediately buy a 4K HDR TV set. LOL
. My personal experience.

I have a 65 inch OLED as well, the B6 and I have seen some HDR demos and also Gamersyde videos with HDR enabled (not HDR Game though) and it's definitely great. But I haven't seen it properly yet because I can't enable the HDR game mode.

In the weekend of July 22 my friends will come over and of them will bring their Xbox One S and PS4 Pro with him. Then I'll be seeing HDR games for the first time properly. :)

Colbert

Banned
I have a 65 inch OLED as well, the B6 and I have seen some HDR demos and also Gamersyde videos with HDR enabled (not HDR Game though) and it's definitely great. But I haven't seen it properly yet because I can't enable the HDR game mode.

In the weekend of July 22 my friends will come over and of them will bring their Xbox One S and PS4 Pro with him. Then I'll be seeing HDR games for the first time properly. :)

Why HDR is not enabled? Issues to configure your TV or no Xbox One S? I can tell you what to do if help is needed.

So is this gonna be a situation where xbox enhanced games that are also Sony "promoted" games (like destiny and BF2) wont get enhanced logos in the xbox stores because of the sony partnership?

I feel like this is going to happen

Xumbrega

Banned
All I want now is Alien Isolation patch, I know the chances are low but holy shit I would the hell of this game again in 4K

peppers

I can't imagine this is something people want to replay.

My purchase of this console depends entirely on a patch for Quantum Break that at least gets us native 1080p at rock solid 30fps. I know it might sound crazy to some, but it's a very special game for me.

I think one of the insiders hinted at a Quantum Break 1X patch. It's one of the best looking games on the Xbox One, I would love to see it at a higher res.

Trup1aya

I can't imagine this is something people want to replay.

One of my favorite games of the generation.

Visuals and combat was sublime. And the narrative was tight.

I was utterly shocked at the reception it got. I'd definately play it again with a 1X patch.

Colbert

Banned
One of my favorite games of the generation.

Visuals and combat was sublime. And the narrative was tight.

I was utterly shocked at the reception it got. I'd definately play it again with a 1X patch.

Don't expect a patch. There is total silence about QB and a Xbox One X patch.

Trup1aya

Don't expect a patch. There is total silence about QB and a Xbox One X patch.

Oh I don't expect anything.

I'd just be thrilled to get one. That's all.

I wonder if it would see much improvement w/o a patch. Didn't it have some sort of temporal reconstruction going on instead of dynamic res. Wouldn't more GPU power improve that image, or is the framebuffer locked at some sub1080p resolution?

Colbert

Banned
Oh I don't expect anything.

I'd just be thrilled to get one. That's all.

I hope there is a patch for many games in my library too, including QB, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and such but I also understand if it is not happening in some cases.

I wonder if it would see much improvement w/o a patch. Didn't it have some sort of temporal reconstruction going on instead of dynamic res. Wouldn't more GPU power improve that image, or is the framebuffer locked at some sub1080p resolution?

I think the frame buffer is locked due the very special render method used here. But for PC they changed the render method which I believe could be reused for the One X.

nillapuddin

All I want now is Alien Isolation patch, I know the chances are low but holy shit I would the hell of this game again in 4K

I bought this game finally after being SUPER EXCITED for it since first announcement, now I have to force myself to wait even longer because of potential X patch

Ehker

I hope there is a patch for many games in my library too, including QB, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and such but I also understand if it is not happening in some cases.

I see Ori mentioned often, but with how it looks on PC it doesn't seem like the art assets are that high resolution. Would mostly be for particle effects I think, so not have a big impact I don't think. The creator posts here, so maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't seem that sharp on my over 1080P monitor.

KageMaru

Was wondering about this + other Sony marketed games this fall. I imagine they'll be supported but might stay mum on them until closer to launch.

I don't see marketing deals impacting patch support. Bungie already stated they were going to look at how they can support the platform.

Hawk269

MS needs to be contacting all 3rd parties and if they need financial assistance to make Xbox One X patches for existing games, then MS should help/pay for it. Getting these devs to go back will cost money and if MS is willing to help fund a small team to add XBX features to games it will be a good for both MS and the devs since they may sell more games and MS has more games they can announce are enhanced/4k etc. I don't think they should do it for every game, but some of the bigger games over the years they should incentives devs.

We all know the 1st party challenges MS has, so if they go this route at least they are giving potential XBX owners a healthier roster of games that are enhanced for the new machine.

SDMG

Fortnite on Xbox One X 4K, HDR, Ultra PC settings with V-Sync enabled

Fortnite will run at 30 frames per second (FPS) on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. But the game is really going to shine on Xbox One X when Microsoft's new console arrives later this year.

When playing on Xbox One X, Fortnite will run the equivalent of the PC version on all Epic (maximum) graphical settings. The resolution will be 4K and dynamic (to maintain frame rate). The view distance and particle effects will be boosted, shadows enhanced post-processing, and HDR enabled as well.

As for Vsync, it can be toggled on or off on consoles but will be on by default with Xbox One X. Players on 1080p displays will still reap the benefits of these enhancements, because the 4K image gets supersampled with full effects down to 1080p.

Also, the game will have dedicated servers for multiplayer on all platforms.

https://m.windowscentral.com/fortnite-e3-impressions-and-xbox-one-x-details

http://gamingbolt.com/middle-earth-...s-than-1-day-lack-of-switch-version-explained

However, when asked about whether the Switch's processing power had anything to do with it, Roberts noted that, ”I'm really not sure. I know that our tech team got it up and running on the Xbox One X dev kit within a day. I think that's a big deal for us: how much work do we have to devote to supporting another console versus making the game better?

Damn that comment section tho.

I dont even bother reading the comment section anymore. Lol.

Developer of Ghost of a Tale answered a question about X support.

There might very well be an Xbox One X version of the game, who knows! I suspect it would feature a better resolution, textures on-par with the PC version and probably double the framerate of the Xbox One.

That sounds nice about Fortnite but man, after heaving finished the Metro games in 60fps and more games I'd really like to see more developers offering 60fps in their games too and not only strive for 4K. But judging by how that is going for PS4 Pro I doubt it.

Top Bottom