• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

giphy.gif

Is it possible to use my PC ESO character on the xbox one x by any chance?

No, sadly. Characters (as well as crowns, DLC, etc.) are platform-locked. Otherwise I would have switched to the PC version back when they added controller support but alas, my characters are stuck on PS4 Pro.

Doom patch? I remember looking on the net before and it said Doom was around 45 gigs, but I'm installing on x and It said there was a 50plus GB update?Havent played it on xbox 1 so I wasn't sure

No, sadly. Characters (as well as crowns, DLC, etc.) are platform-locked. Otherwise I would have switched to the PC version back when they added controller support but alas, my characters are stuck on PS4 Pro.
Dammit, guess I'll just have to drop the game, cause I'm loving my one x right now... really hits the sweet spot.

Damn, I'm getting the feeling that I'm just going through beautiful corridors in BF2 with little to no interaction with my environment. Feels terribly sterile after the first mission. Does it get better? I mean, it's stunning to stare at info 4k, but little else to push me on. Is there customization in the campaign?

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
Tekken 7 *Not on Major Nelson's list but was previously confirmed*

Did anyone test Tekken 7 on Xbox One X? Did it get an update?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Doom patch? I remember looking on the net before and it said Doom was around 45 gigs, but I'm installing on x and It said there was a 50plus GB update?Havent played it on xbox 1 so I wasn't sure

That's the multiple dlcs that are now free. X patch isn't out yet

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah, switch to the desktop version if you're on mobile to do so.

And LMAO, I just saw that he's threatening to go to the police because people were mean to him on NeoGAF :(

Ahhh ok cool. Blocked.

Thanks for the tip. BACK TO XBOX ONE X TALK

Those battlefront 2 screens are really nice.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I can't get over how gorgeous BF2 looks. I want to play some more but I don't want to burn through my trial before the weekend, so keep those screenshots coming :D

timewyrm

re BFII, console wise ,will only the X1X version upscale to 4K and include HDR? I'm guessing that assets etc will be similar to PS4/pro ?

re BFII, console wise ,will only the X1X version upscale to 4K and include HDR? I'm guessing that assets etc will be similar to PS4/pro ?

Neither PS4 Pro version or Xbox One X versions reach 4k - can't remember what res they said it would reach on the Xbox One X version though.

mshlive

Spent the full day with my Xbox One X yesterday and here's my thoughts..

I've seen quite a bit of panic around faulty units so I was a little bit nervous, however what I will say for those that are nervous my Project Scorpio Edition has been absolutely flawless. A long session yesterday, it's been on and off a couple of times, it's plugged into a surge protector, and it's as silent as anything I've heard electronics wise, with the fans kicking up for 1 second on the rare occasion.

Software wise I haven't had a single crash yet although I've only played 2 games, and everything is so quick. I played Call of Duty WW2 which is 'enhanced' and it looks fantastic, so much so that the campaign that I had held off on until my X arrived I finished in one day, which might I add is fantastic. I also played a bit of Fortnite with some friends which felt a fair bit smoother, improved fps and what I had previously put down to lag with picking up weapons etc. Was resolved so it must be how the game runs on the S.

One small question, what is Homefront like as a game? And more importantly with the Patch? I can borrow it from a friend is all.

Overall, an amazing bit of kit!

I've never played Elder Scrolls Online, so I'd being going in fresh. Is it any good?

ESO is a cross between an Elder Scrolls game and an MMO so it's not really either one and yet it's both. It's hard to serve two masters. I enjoy playing it and the game has it's fans and detractors. I think it's fun to waste time in an ES world since there aren't any mainline games coming anytime soon. The game's art and music are very nice if you are an ES fan. From what I've seen, the people who dislike it fall into two camps:

1) ES vets who are disappointed that it's not a traditional Elder Scrolls game - The game isn't as SP focused so it isn't as story-heavy, and there are a lot of other players running around jumping like fools, robbing the shop you are in, doing the same quest you are, etc. This means it can't build up the kind of immersive atmosphere you would expect in an ES game. You can't pick up individual objects and throw them around, etc. It doesn't have the depth of the SP titles.

2) MMO vets who are disappointed that it does not follow established best practices for MMO design. If you are the type of person who regularly throws around terms like "Tank" and "Aggro" then ESO may not be for you because it doesn't rigidly adhere to the tropes and gameplay design you expect a modern MMO to have.

It's hard to please both camps. If you're looking into getting into it, the base ESO package is on sale for $10 right now on the Xbox store. There's plenty of content there without having to buy anything else, and if you find you really like it you can pick up the other expansions in later sales. If you don't like it, well it was only $10.

Calibos

I've never played Elder Scrolls Online, so I'd being going in fresh. Is it any good?

I'm still waiting for Skyrim's enhancements...

You and me both, I've never played very much other than an hour or so on the free weekend. I love Skyrim though so one could assume that I would enjoy this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkOklIP3aE

Some quick details on Sea of Thieves' X support - full 4K (no dynamic res scaling), with higher resolution textures and shadows. They say it should be more-or-less on-par with the PC build's maximum ultra settings. Oh, and of course supersampling for 1080p TV owners.

Hell yes! Nice to see another native 4k game coming. I can't wait for this game to fully materialize. I have played in the Tech Alpha here and there, but I really want to see what the final retail content will be.

f@luS

More than a member.

Lucifon

Agents of mayhem update is up. Seems to render at a much higher resolution and adds hdr I believe.

Spent the full day with my Xbox One X yesterday and here's my thoughts..

I've seen quite a bit of panic around faulty units so I was a little bit nervous, however what I will say for those that are nervous my Project Scorpio Edition has been absolutely flawless. A long session yesterday, it's been on and off a couple of times, it's plugged into a surge protector, and it's as silent as anything I've heard electronics wise, with the fans kicking up for 1 second on the rare occasion.

Software wise I haven't had a single crash yet although I've only played 2 games, and everything is so quick. I played Call of Duty WW2 which is 'enhanced' and it looks fantastic, so much so that the campaign that I had held off on until my X arrived I finished in one day, which might I add is fantastic. I also played a bit of Fortnite with some friends which felt a fair bit smoother, improved fps and what I had previously put down to lag with picking up weapons etc. Was resolved so it must be how the game runs on the S.

One small question, what is Homefront like as a game? And more importantly with the Patch? I can borrow it from a friend is all.

Overall, an amazing bit of kit!

Don't forget to turn "unlocked frame rate" to yes in the settings on Fortnite!! It runs so much better on the X with this. Agreed though the lag / performance issues ruined the game for me on my S but it's super smooth now.

NeoFaff

I've been curious as to performance on DS1 myself.. checked youtube a few times today looking for it. Let us know how it runs!

Tried out Dark Souls 1 for 10 minutes on the X. The bridge going to ghosttown didn't drop any fps compared to One S.

Blighttown is improved for the most part - standing in the middle of the swamp, there are no drops but heavy particle effects in the area (like chaos fireball spam) will tank the frame rate. Looking from the Great Hollow at Quelaag's cocoon and vice versa also tanks the frame rate.

Overall - improvement across the board and certainly best console version now, but still has some drops in demanding areas during normal gameplay.

mshlive

Agents of mayhem update is up. Seems to render at a much higher resolution and adds hdr I believe.

Don't forget to turn "unlocked frame rate" to yes in the settings on Fortnite!! It runs so much better on the X with this. Agreed though the lag / performance issues ruined the game for me on my S but it's super smooth now.

Woooooow can't believe I forgot about that haha, thanks for the heads up I'll be doing that asap!

solis74

COOL.

Top Bottom