• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

KageMaru

Isn't it the case that only Forza 6 is known to be actually locked? I'm pretty sure I saw Digital Foundry coverage that 5 at least wasn't.

IIRC 2-4 were locked 60fps unless you count the pre-race scenes that ran at 30fps

Playerunknown's Battleground (PUBG) according to the article below is 4K 60fps on Xbox One X.

Source: http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...ttlegrounds-exclusivity-massive-win-microsoft

There's no way this is a native 4K60.

Bsigg12

No but I see it being native 4K before it running at 60fps. What does the current XBO version run at?

Yea, this is what I see happening. It'll be interesting to see how the game runs on an S vs an X.

We have no idea how the base XBO version runs because it hasn't been shown. They had the PC version at E3.

Colbert

Banned
No but I see it being native 4K before it running at 60fps. What does the current XBO version run at?

I can see they use dynamic resolution up to native 4K to maintain frame rates of 60 fps. IDK at what rez and fps it runs on a normal Xbox One tbh.

Bsigg12

I wanna to see those Gamersyde videos. I have a 4K HDR TV, but (forgive the ignorance here) how do I watch them? TV's web browser app? Xbox One S browser?

Download them onto a USB drive and plug it in. That's how it worked for me and others.

Colbert

Banned
I wanna to see those Gamersyde videos. I have a 4K HDR TV, but (forgive the ignorance here) how do I watch them? TV's web browser app? Xbox One S browser?

Save on an USB and use the internal video player of your TV or you can use TV & Movie app to play it from your USB on the Xbox One S.

Btw Media Player or VLC will not work on Xbox One S.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Really hoping Monster Hunter World gets support..native 4K/locked 30fps seems reasonable.

piggychan

Are you sure about being 2160c?

If this comparison is correct it's noticeably more sharp than the pro version, which is 1800c

ffxv-xb1x-vs-ps4-pro-2-1.jpg

ffxv-xb1x-vs-ps4-pro-1-1.jpg

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-image-comparison-best-version/

qko

Seems like the racing games will be the ones to benefit.

I mean, what Mario Kart and Fast Neo could pull off on the Wii U, I'm not surprised.

Can anyone point me to where Tekken 7 was confirmed? I can't seem to find it. My mates and I were looking to buy it tonight, and I'd rather do it on my Xbox for convenience sake.

It wasn't confirmed. I was at Xbox Fanfest and Harada was on stage. He stated that he would go back to Japan and Ask for an update for the X1X. Not confirmed though

c0de

Isn't it the case that only Forza 6 is known to be actually locked? I'm pretty sure I saw Digital Foundry coverage that 5 at least wasn't.

Digital Foundry said:
"By all tests, Forza 5 runs at a flawlessly solid 60fps during 16 player races. It's a respectable feat given the resolution boost and more ambitious geometry of the Prague stage, and one which sets a precedent for future racing sims in the new console generation."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-digital-foundry-vs-forza-motorsport-5

(...)
Will attempt to keep this updated with sources and information as it comes in

Taking suggestions on formatting and information display!

Fantastic job on keeping the list updated but here's my two cent. Could you include a new section in the OP which displays the lastest game(s) added to either of the lists? Every time I open the thread I first check when the OP was edited for the last time and then look for the new addition
Thanks anyway!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Wow, that's a big difference. I had no idea how blurry the image quality gets due to checkerboarding but it makes sense, I guess. The grass is on a whole new level of clarity on Scorpio. The feathers are more refined. The overall impression is not that much better because of the massive depth of field going on and the blurry foreground textures, but damn, if that's the result of native 4K over checkerboarding the latter can go to hell.

c0de

I think the Forza Motorsports have been nearly locked if not totally locked 60fps since Forza 2.

Well, I remember that you could "force" frame-drops when using game bugs where cars reach ridiculously high speeds and then crash, making the game not run like it should which results in drops. But besides that, you can say that Forza is a locked 60 fps game.

Wow, that's a big difference. I had no idea how blurry the image quality gets due to checkerboarding but it makes sense, I guess. The grass is on a whole new level of clarity on Scorpio. The feathers are more refined. The overall impression is not that much better because of the massive depth of field going on and the blurry foreground textures, but damn, if that's the result of native 4K over checkerboarding the latter can go to hell.

I'm only on my phone and can't seem to get the screenshots in fullscreen but is there really a noticeable difference? I can't see that in these small pics. I do know the X1 version is extremely blurry, so this is very welcome.

EDIT

Nevermind. Saw the screenshots on my Surface now and you can definitely see the foliage being more crisp and overall too. When this is clearly the case why did DF state you can barely/if at all see the difference between C4K and native?

black070

Aren't they both checkerboard.. ?

Caayn

Doesn't mean it's the same resolution from what they do checkerboarding.
Exactly. There's a large gap in pixels shaded between 1800c and 2160c.

1800c uses ~2.88m pixels and fills in the rest. Whereas 2160c uses ~4.14m pixels and fills in the rest. For comparison a native 1080p image is ~2m pixels.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Ah, didn't catch the c in 2160c. It's obvious that it is checkerboard when you zoom in on the 4K screens, the grass becomes blurry again. Might this be the reason why Sony doesn't do a lot of supersampling? The quality of 1800c supersampled to 1080p looks like it might be worse IQ than native 1080p (because first you are creating artificial pixels and then removing 3/4 of all pixels, a lot of them natively rendered). 2160c from these pictures seems like it is actually better IQ if supersampled to 1080p.

Pretty underwhelming to be honest.

I guess it depends on what you wanted from the X. Microsoft hyped it up a lot this past year, so anyone expecting 60fps on most games would be disappointed, as the CPU is still not great and original Xbox One holds it back too.

If you expected Native 4k on all games (as MS have been pushing True 4k in the marketing a lot) only to see Checkerboard rendering on games already, that will be pretty underwhelming too.

It's pretty much what I expected it to be really, basically Microsoft's version of the Pro (just a year later, with some improvements) It's still a solid console but I think some people expected more because of the hype but this is still an Xbox One at the end of the day, not a true next gen console.

So is FFXV going from 720p on Xbox One to checkerboard 4K on X?

Clearly X can do native 4K and I'm sure Pro can too but devs choose to go checkerboard so they can bring extra graphical bells and whistles and I'm good with that.

The dev of Metro may be targeting native 4K for X but I don't think it'll happen.

Top Bottom