• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

I remembered the conversation from the other day about Kinect, and decided to do some quick research. Looks like it's now "out of stock" on Microsoft's online store and Amazon sells the sensors for less than half the MSRP of $99. I'm pretty sure that it's just discontinued without "official" word at this point.

The new preview update also supports usb web cams if you want to draw any conclusions from that. Kinect is unofficially officially done.

I'm all set, my Samsung UN40KU6300F just arrived today (in perfect condition) and just got done setting it all up. I understand it only has entry level HDR but the price was just within my price range (paid $307 for it). Had to finagle my gaming setup to accommodate a 40" TV. After it was all setup, it looks fantastic. The little 21.5" monitor I've been using looks dull and dim in comparison to the Samsung. Cannot wait for the Xbox One X next month.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hate to be that guy, but i also hate to have this burried as the last post on a page...

If you've followed my posts on this topic
, you havent,
you know i've been wavering on buying the x. i already own an xbox one, i'm not sure the results i'll see on my 1080p set will be worth it, i'm not even sure the results on a hdr 4k set would be worth it, and most important of all, i have no idea how i'd convince the wife its worth it if i'm not myself already convinced!

Still, i have the thing preordered because i cant help myself.

QUESTION: Would anyone potentially be interested in buying a 2 or 3 day old, very slightly used project scorpio edition a few days after launch at a slight discount, say 40 or 50$ off? Or even see value for someone else to do so? (am i crazy)

I'm thinking it would be worth it to keep my preorder and give it some time hooked up to my set to really see how it all pans out and potentially eat a small cost to do so if i end up unhappy. if you dont already have a launch unit and you'd definitely be interested, shoot me a pm. otherwise, feedback pls

jfoul

Hmm thanks for the info. I really wanted a 7200 RPM for an external. I use a 512GB SSD for all the games I actually play with regularity.

I would just buy 3.5 7200 RPM HDD and also buy an external enclosure. 7200 Firecuda SSHD would probably work well this way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dude if you had lived in Holland I would have been ok with that. But I'm guessing that's not the case. :)

Sadly not.

Obviously I'll have no issues selling after launch if they are in short supply, but I think they'll be relatively easy to find, hence a small discount.

Klocker

So, my Amazon order says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"

Was supposed to be release day delivery, and it doesn;'t even know delivery is in 3 weeks? Color me worried as well.

Yep me too for my Amazon Scorpio

Best buy says I will have my regular version by Nov 7 so if I don't see amazon move I trust best buy

OCD Guy

Yep me too for my Amazon Scorpio

Best buy says I will have my regular version by Nov 7 so if I don't see amazon move I trust best buy

When did you get your pre-order in?

I've noticed it seems to happen for people who are in the next batch, at least in the UK.

I ordered late on the Scorpio but the day the normal ones released and have launch day estimates.

One of my friends ordered just after the initial batch and like yourself doesn't have an accurate date yet. So I personally think if Amazon aren't providing the launch date estimate now, I can't see it changing to launch. It probably means you'll get it later.

Screenshot2017-10-14at01.21.51_1.jpg

Klocker

When did you get your pre-order in?

I've noticed it seems to happen for people who are in the next batch, at least in the UK.

I ordered late on the Scorpio but the day the normal ones released and have launch day estimates.

One of my friends ordered just after the initial batch and like yourself doesn't have an accurate date yet. So I personally think if Amazon aren't providing the launch date estimate now, I can't see it changing to launch. It probably means you'll get it later.

Screenshot2017-10-14at01.21.51_1.jpg

I'm in US and I ordered about a half hour after preorders opened for scorpio.
It said Nov 7 when clicking buy but has never shown me a date like in your pic.

I ordered regular version also on day one preorder from best buy and they say it wild be here Nov 7.

So yea not trusting amazon right now unless that is just the difference between UK and US?

OCD Guy

I'm in US and I ordered about a half hour after preorders opened for scorpio.
It said Nov 7 when clicking buy but has never shown me a date like in your pic.

I ordered regular version also on day one preorder from best buy and they say it wild be here Nov 7.

So yea not trusting amazon right now unless that is just the difference between UK and US?

At least you have your Best buy pre order to fall back on, but perhaps someone in the US can confirm if they have an estimate of the 7th on their order?

It could be like you say a difference between US and UK amazon, but the only reason I thought it might not be is that I've seen similar in the UK i.e no estimated date.

Klocker

At least you have your Best buy pre order to fall back on, but perhaps someone in the US can confirm if they have an estimate of the 7th on their order?

It could be like you say a difference between US and UK amazon, but the only reason I thought it might not be is that I've seen similar in the UK i.e no estimated date.

Yea I thinks you're right that I may not have a solid Amazon order, best buy will come through though

JP

I ordered my Scorpio Edition from Amazon UK on 3rd October and it gave me a delivery date of 7th November, I still have the same date showing on my order.

I assume that because I ordered so late in terms of when the pre-orders opened that I picked up a cancellation of the Scorpio Edition but I don't understand how they would have sold to other people but not have a delivery date of 7th November.

I don't necessarily think it's an issue for people though, I sue Amazon for loads of things and I've not once had issues with hardware pre-orders from them so hopefully people have nothing to worry about

OCD Guy

I think with regards to Scorpio edition any orders are all coming from the same allocation i.e there's only one. So if I cancel my Scorpio pre-order on the 4th of November, someone could pre-order it and receive it on the 7th

Whereas with the regular edition, it's in batches, infact there's even a disclaimer now that shows any orders placed won't be delivered until the end of November.

Going by forums, a few people were cancelling their Scorpios for normal editions because of the green text. I don't particularly like it visually, but I like having a reminder that it's the first batch of consoles. By all accounts they're going to be rarer than day one editions, I remember being able to buy them months after launch lol.

gt86

I'm all set, my Samsung UN40KU6300F just arrived today (in perfect condition) and just got done setting it all up. I understand it only has entry level HDR but the price was just within my price range (paid $307 for it). Had to finagle my gaming setup to accommodate a 40" TV. After it was all setup, it looks fantastic. The little 21.5" monitor I've been using looks dull and dim in comparison to the Samsung. Cannot wait for the Xbox One X next month.

I have this tv in my bar, it looks great specially for the price.

JMY86

I know a lot of people here do not have delivery estimates on their preorders. I ordered mine with 10 minutes of it going live on Amazon in the US and do not have a delivery estimate. I am not worried though I had the same thing happen with my PS4/Pro and Xbox One S preorders from Amazon. I did not get an actual delivery estimate until roughly 7-10 days before release all three shipped the day before release and I received all three on release day.

Hawk269

Hate to be that guy, but i also hate to have this burried as the last post on a page...

If you've followed my posts on this topic
, you havent,
you know i've been wavering on buying the x. i already own an xbox one, i'm not sure the results i'll see on my 1080p set will be worth it, i'm not even sure the results on a hdr 4k set would be worth it, and most important of all, i have no idea how i'd convince the wife its worth it if i'm not myself already convinced!

Still, i have the thing preordered because i cant help myself.

QUESTION: Would anyone potentially be interested in buying a 2 or 3 day old, very slightly used project scorpio edition a few days after launch at a slight discount, say 40 or 50$ off? Or even see value for someone else to do so? (am i crazy)

I'm thinking it would be worth it to keep my preorder and give it some time hooked up to my set to really see how it all pans out and potentially eat a small cost to do so if i end up unhappy. if you dont already have a launch unit and you'd definitely be interested, shoot me a pm. otherwise, feedback pls

What specifically is making you feel unsure about it? Is it if you will be able to tell the difference? I have been gaming in 4k since the first 4k TV's came out, primarily on PC and even back then the difference was pretty massive. When you combine 4k and HDR it is even more impressive. If you only have a 1080p, the benefits of the system wide downsampling should look really good. I have downsampled many PC games to a 1080p screen and it looks really good.

OCD Guy

I know a lot of people here do not have delivery estimates on their preorders. I ordered mine with 10 minutes of it going live on Amazon in the US and do not have a delivery estimate. I am not worried though I had the same thing happen with my PS4/Pro and Xbox One S preorders from Amazon. I did not get an actual delivery estimate until roughly 7-10 days before release and I received all three on release day.

Ah ok, in that case it must be down to how Amazon does things in the US.

Either way I don't think anyone is going to struggle to pick one up at Launch, although I'm probably wrong about that too lol (at least in the US).

Here in the UK there's not even a shortage of pre-orders. I get the impression that you'll be able to walk into a store and buy one on release.

JP

I think with regards to Scorpio edition any orders are all coming from the same allocation i.e there's only one. So if I cancel my Scorpio pre-order on the 4th of November, someone could pre-order it and receive it on the 7th
Are they really that limited?

I'll be honest, they only reason I ordered that version was I'm going to need a stand and that version has one included. In terms of aesthetics, I don't really think either version is particularly attractive but I couldn't say which is my favourite of the two without actually seeing them next to each other in the flesh.

OCD Guy

Are they really that limited?

I'll be honest, they only reason I ordered that version was I'm going to need a stand and that version has one included. In terms of aesthetics, I don't really think either version is particularly attractive but I couldn't say which is my favourite of the two without actually seeing them next to each other in the flesh.

Apparently so. You'd certainly struggle to pre-order one now, especially from the major retailers. All you can get is the standard edition.

Complete contrast to the day one editions. Although I think at launch you'll probably be able to pick one up due to people cancelling pre-orders etc but I can't see it like the launch Xbox One where you could literally find a day one 6 months later lol

JMY86

Ah ok, in that case it must be down to how Amazon does things in the US.

Either way I don't think anyone is going to struggle to pick one up at Launch, although I'm probably wrong about that too lol (at least in the US).

Here in the UK there's not even a shortage of pre-orders. I get the impression that you'll be able to walk into a store and buy one on release.

I'm honestly not sure how they do things in the US to be honest. The X will be my 7th console launch purchase I have made from Amazon and 4 of the 7 I have gotten delivery estimates right away but the others I had to wait on. Anyone in the US without a preorder looking for a console I would suggest being at Target when they open and see if you can snag a console. I have heard of a lot of people getting a console that way. I was able to walk in and get an NES & SNES classic that way.

No no no.

The reviews and questions are for all models without distinguishing the differences between them. Never look at the questions for a product with multiple models on amazon

Yeah I know that. The reviews I read were for the 3TB model. Apparently the older 3TB model (STBV3000100) was 7200RPM but the new one that ya'll are buying (STEB3000100) is indeed 5900RPM according to Crystal Disk Info as well as speed tests.

I know a lot of people here do not have delivery estimates on their preorders. I ordered mine with 10 minutes of it going live on Amazon in the US and do not have a delivery estimate. I am not worried though I had the same thing happen with my PS4/Pro and Xbox One S preorders from Amazon. I did not get an actual delivery estimate until roughly 7-10 days before release all three shipped the day before release and I received all three on release day.

I had the same experience with both those consoles and Nintendo Switch back when it released aswell.... I’m not too worried atm

Yeah I know that. The reviews I read were for the 3TB model. Apparently the older 3TB model (STBV3000100) was 7200RPM but the new one that ya'll are buying (STEB3000100) is indeed 5900RPM according to Crystal Disk Info as well as speed tests.

You are correct

Heads 16
Cylinders 364,801
Tracks 93,024,255
Sectors 5,860,528,065
SATA type SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
Device type Fixed
ATA Standard ACS3
Serial Number ZGY0FWG1
Firmware Version Number 0001
LBA Size 48-bit LBA
Power On Count 4 times
Power On Time 1.1 days
Speed 5980 RPM
Features S.M.A.R.T., APM, NCQ
Max. Transfer Mode SATA III 6.0Gb/s
Used Transfer Mode SATA II 3.0Gb/s
Interface USB (SATA)
Capacity 2794 GB
Real size 3,000,592,981,504 bytes
RAID Type None

The read speed on this model is 181 MB/s where as the STBV3000100 has a 165 MB/s despite higher rpm.

By time I checked Amazon on the day pre-orders went live they were out of stock, so I pre-ordered from the Microsoft store. I`ve ordered a few things from them over the years and they usually ship quickly and on time, even here in Canada.

There isn`t an estimated ship date on my order, I just checked, but I imagine I should receive it on the 7th or very close to it. It better since its coming from the Microsoft. Anyone else order directly from them.
I had originally ordered from them. When i called they told me all online orders from their store would be shipped by 11/30 and that only in store preorders would be release day. I kept pushing because i ordered in the first few minutes of preorders and it didn't sound right but that's what they kept saying so i canceled and ordered from best buy. Even on their website now (for the US) it says will ship by 11/30.

Gowans

I’ve ordered at Smyths and Amazon UK, gona have to cancel amazon before it takes the payment as I’d rather pick it up when the shop opens from smyths.

Went to my Mediamarkt today and they said they are doing their best to get us the PS edition, so it seems all hope isn't lost yet.

I asked if the preorder would be changed to the normal One X if the PS edition wasn't happening and they said yeah. But with MS you never know they said. Meaning nothing is 100% guaranteed, so yes that means the normal One X as well. Sigh.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I gave in and cancelled my orders. All of them. I was ready to bite on the Currys order that included H5, QB and FM7 for the same price. But that went, so I’m backing out until I can find a better deal - even if I have to wait until Black Friday or the new year.

Cancelled my pre order today. There just isn't a great deal I need to play this holiday that I can't live with on PC. Just getting a Switch instead for now and will get the X next year for cheaper when Red Dead comes out. These things won't hold their price for long.

Cancelled my pre order today. There just isn't a great deal I need to play this holiday that I can't live with on PC. Just getting a Switch instead for now and will get the X next year for cheaper when Red Dead comes out. These things won't hold their price for long.

X cheaper next year? What makes you think thats happening?

Bsigg12

I wouldn't expect the X to drop in price until October/November of 2018.

Data Ghost

Cancelled my Amazon pre-order today after one last browse through the upcoming games. I simply cannot justify the purchase as I barely even play my Xbox One S. With that in mind I cancelled my Gold subscription too (after something like 13 years).

My PS4 Pro and Switch have plenty to offer me for the foreseeable future.

Data Ghost

If you have no interest why are you posting in a pre-order thread?

Don't know why you ever pre-ordered it?. Silly.

Because I have always been an early adopter and have owned most consoles in existence. What I’m saying is I WANTED to find a reason to get it. But I can’t :/

Weevilone

Because I have always been an early adopter and have owned most consoles in existence. What I'm saying is I WANTED to find a reason to get it. But I can't :/

If you're looking for justification, it should easily be the home of best (console) multi-plats. I don't play my Xbox One a lot aside from a handful of exclusive games, but I will definitely play the crossover games on Xbox One X if they run better as expected. I've always preferred the controller over PS4, so it's a no brainer for me.

Syrus

Banned
Because I have always been an early adopter and have owned most consoles in existence. What I’m saying is I WANTED to find a reason to get it. But I can’t :/

Im not trying to sound anti pauper but...... what kind of price drop are you waiting for? And is 50 dollars or a free game worth waiting for??

You could buy one less coffee a week or somethingand save the money there and buy an X now

Juice

Switched my BB preorder from Scorpio to black Xbox. Wasn't going to use the stand and hate the look of the scorpio edition stuff

Data Ghost

If you're looking for justification, it should easily be the home of best (console) multi-plats. I don't play my Xbox One a lot aside from a handful of exclusive games, but I will definitely play the crossover games on Xbox One X if they run better as expected. I've always preferred the controller over PS4, so it's a no brainer for me.

While it should have the best version of multi platform games, we don’t really know if they will exhibit much of a difference between the X and the Pro at this point in time. I suppose if there turns out to be a big difference I’ll get one down the line. Saying that though, how far away are we from true official next gen? These mid generation upgrades are messing with my mind!

OCD Guy

The earliest we'll see a proper new console is 2019 but I reckon it’ll be an announcement in 2019 and launch in 2020.

With regards to Xbox One X performance you can already get an idea of what to expect. Digital foundry have done lots of analysis. The most recent one (Mordor) shows significant differences, for one the One X has 4K textures.

I think the gap in performance between pro and x is going to be far bigger than it ever was with 360 and ps3, and PS4 and pro.

The fact the One X has support for freesync is a game changer. Games are gonna feel far smoother....I just want to know whether it supports freesync too or just freesync 2.

If it supports freesync I’ll use my monitor until TVs with freesync 2 launch.

The only negative with the One x (and Xbox in general) is exclusives. I want more of them.

Syrus

Banned
While it should have the best version of multi platform games, we don’t really know if they will exhibit much of a difference between the X and the Pro at this point in time. I suppose if there turns out to be a big difference I’ll get one down the line. Saying that though, how far away are we from true official next gen? These mid generation upgrades are messing with my mind!

Well itz looking like shadow of war may have better textures and higher resolution in both modes

Top Bottom