• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
I hope that wasn't one of the surprises they were mentioning. LOL.

It is not, it is just a fan service to those wanted to keep the project scorpio name. There were a lot of these in my twitter feed actually. I never understand that and my personal tip was Xbox One X actually. At least one thing I got right from my predictions LOL!

Lom1lo

Pre order now to get the exclusive scorpio edtion.
Pre Order at Gamestop to get your exclusive project scorpio edition with exclusive xbox one x doritos and mountain dew for your exclusive uncompressed gaming experience*.

*can be native, dynamic or checkerboarded

When the Xbox One launched, was there a SKU you get could on "Day One" that wasn't the "Day One edition"? I remember just randomly picking one up and getting that model without asking for it specifically.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It is not, it is just a fan service to those wanted to keep the project scorpio name. There were a lot of these in my twitter feed actually. I never understand that and my personal tip was Xbox One X actually. At least one thing I got right from my predictions LOL!

Never doubted you for a minute Colbert. Like many, I did wish it stayed Scorpio though.

ViciousDS

Banned
When the Xbox One launched, was there a SKU you get could on "Day One" that wasn't the "Day One edition"? I remember just randomly picking one up and getting that model without asking for it specifically.

thats because day one editions you could still get in stores almost 2 months after release.......god I hated that day one plastered in the middle of my controller.

Is the logo gonna be on it's side when the console is horizontal? I can get behind green text on the console if it's the right side up but the weird line on the controller looks awful.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Called it! I figured it would be something like a day 1 edition and not a pack in game.

I like it personally.

Huh... Looks like MS Power User noticed that the top of the "Project Scorpio" console is textured unlike the units we've seen thus far:

Here's the link

x1x1.png

I wonder how long it'll be before retailers get promo materials in and leak those? Surely they'd have them either today or tomorrow?

cucuchu

well, where I live, it's about six hours behind your time. In the U.S., Preorders might happen on Sunday. We shall see.

From what I have been reading, it looks like the preorders should open right after the xbox event at 3pm EST. Does anyone know how long the event is suppose to run? I am guessing an hour if they want to open up in time for retailers in the east coast US to take preorders.

MaulerX

Huh... Looks like MS Power User noticed that the top of the "Project Scorpio" console is textured unlike the units we've seen thus far:

Here's the link

I wonder how long it'll be before retailers get promo materials in and leak those? Surely they'd have them either today or tomorrow?

Yep, really digging that textured top. Now for the pack in game.... 😜

I'm pretty sure that texture is on the bottom is it not?

It's the top. Look at the pictures on the MS Power User article.

I also just noticed that the stand seems to be either really similar or exactly the same as the One S stand. I hope it's the latter as I already have one to use. Don't wanna shell out more $$$ for a cheap piece of plastic.

What're the odds that this is similiar to the "Launch edition" Xbox One S? As in that it might have a bigger HDD and the stand included for some extra cash? Do we think they'll show other SKU?

Edit: I fucking love the Xbox One X "Project Scorpio Edition" description translation that Google Chrome just pulled off

StillEdge

So on Sunday I work 7:30-6:00 PST should I go in at 1 or leave at 12? Phones aren't allowed in the building due to secret shit going down so I won't be able to buy it on the sly using my phone. Sometimes being the weekend warrior sucks
all the time.

Darklor01

It's the top. Look at the pictures on the MS Power User article.

I also just noticed that the stand seems to be either really similar or exactly the same as the One S stand. I hope it's the latter as I already have one to use. Don't wanna shell out more $$$ for a cheap piece of plastic.

What're the odds that this is similiar to the "Launch edition" Xbox One S? As in that it might have a bigger HDD and the stand included for some extra cash? Do we think they'll show other SKU?

Edit: I fucking love the Xbox One X "Project Scorpio Edition" description translation that Google Chrome just pulled off

2nikR0J.png

"Be the first to experience..."? Hrmmmm

2nikR0J.png

"Be the first to experience..."? Hrmmmm

Be the first to experience before you go away forever! Seems to confirm some kind of early release/early death thing. I guess day one adopters can't handle the power of the Xbox One X.

You will stop pushing this idea right now. I will not get hyped.

Before E3, I got myself hyped about the One X releasing in August for $399. It ain't worth it man.

Darklor01

Be the first to experience before you go away forever! Seems to confirm some kind of early release/early death thing. I guess day one adopters can't handle the power of the Xbox One X..

Awww.. C'mon. LOL. Those weren't my words. Would be interesting though.

Edit: I think it is just likely they're way of saying that Day One people get to be first to experience the system, not early release. :)

Top Bottom