• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

F34R

Ugh. so no 2TB version. /waits the back of the line until then. I was hoping the guess of a 2TB Project Scorpio version was correct.

Ugh. so no 2TB version. /waits the back of the line until then. I was hoping the guess of a 2TB Project Scorpio version was correct.
Would have been awesome and I'm disappointed as well.
Oh well back to the original plan with the external hdd with 2tb instead. That would give me a total of 3tb but to get rid of the external hdd would be more sexy.

Gowans

Alarm set, will be watching on mixer to get the freebies and ready to preorder with laptop and cards.

I'll need an online amazon backup but would prefer to have somewhere I can pick it up midnight/first think in the morning instead of waiting on the postie. (UK)

madmackem

Alarm set, will be watching on mixer to get the freebies and ready to preorder with laptop and cards.

I'll need an online amazon backup but would prefer to have somewhere I can pick it up midnight/first think in the morning instead of waiting on the postie. (UK)
I'm going old school, brick and mortar grainger games in town.

I've been waiting patiently for a new Splinter Cell. E3 came and went. Maybe today? Not getting hopes up.

Yeah, after the Ironside rumors from early this year, I was convinced that they would show something at E3. It's been my favorite franchise going back 3 console generations. Any news today would be like Christmas. 🤞🏼

I'll pre-order today and wait to see if I want it later.

I do need to buy a new front fork for the mountain bike ($1500) soon as I broke my collarbone in a epic wipeout so finances will decide.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I hope the Scorpio edition is available outside Microsoft store.

I have all this GameStop credit that I need to use!

Colbert

Banned
If Splinter Cell happens then nothing else matters.

giphy.gif

DAHGAMING

have I missed somthing reguarding Splinter Cell possibly being announced today ? just come here and see Splinter Cell talk. Also what time is the microsoft briefing for UK? thanks .

On the Dutch MS website nothing about the Project Scorpio Edition. Just the normal one and you cannot preorder yet.

Really wouldn't surprise me if the preorders don't go live here right away. We Dutchies are used more or less to being effed around by MS. We don't matter much so to speak. :)

Hawk269

have I missed somthing reguarding Splinter Cell possibly being announced today ? just come here and see Splinter Cell talk. Also what time is the microsoft briefing for UK? thanks .

You have not missed anything. Just a lot of folks hoping/wishful thinking for a new SC game. I doubt we get any major game announcements during this event.

”The limited edition Xbox One X brings Project Scorpio back

The limited edition Xbox One X is available for pre-order now and costs $499

In June, Microsoft announced the Xbox One X console and in doing so it put an end to the informal Xbox Scorpio name. Now, in an approach that isn't at all confusing, it's reviving the name.

The Redmond-based company has announced the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, which has the codename emblazoned on the controller and console. As well as this there's a "dynamic graphic pattern" on the shell and the packaging has been designed in a similar way to the original Xbox console. It's a clever hat-tip to the past and doesn't detract from the standard consoles clean, monolithic style. The green used on the codename, too, is the same lurid green synonymous with earlier-gen Xboxes.

Other than these aesthetic changes, Microsoft isn't introducing any other alterations from the Xbox One X for the time being. However, it has put the console on pre-order from today and says there's only a limited number available. For those wanting to snap up the limited edition, it's available from the Microsoft Store and website. The console costs $499 (£388).

When announcing the Xbox One X at E3 2017, Microsoft claimed the box is the most powerful console created. Under the hood it has a 6 teraflop GPU that runs at 1.17GHz, 12GB of RAM, full 4K/HDR support and a 4K Blu-ray drive.

There's also a liquid cooling system to help keep the powerful components in good working order. Like the Scorpio Edition, the One X costs $499 in the US. One of the biggest selling points for the new console is support for 4K gaming. Unlike other consoles, Microsoft is also including backwards compatibility in the new hardware so your old games don't end up in a box in the attic."
Oh you've got to be kidding me. Microsoft Store and site exclusive???? I don't have 500 dollars plus taxes to preorder it all at once or to do a preauthorization charge either. I just wanted to put the 50 down at a GameStop.

This is bullcrap.

Lizardus

Personally hoping for SC 1-3 remakes with the mechanics of Chaos Theory but we would have heard something by now, especially since it's Ubisoft, who can't stop leaks to save their lives.

Btw, any word on gamestop/ebgames trade-in deal?

Theorry

Oh you've got to be kidding me. Microsoft Store and site exclusive???? I don't have 500 dollars plus taxes to preorder it all at once or to do a preauthorization charge either. I just wanted to put the 50 down at a GameStop.

This is bullcrap.

This is just Wired. Nothing is confirmed.

nope, I pre-ordered my Xbox One day one edition from their store.

Just to reiterate what others have said, I've pre-ordered alot of games (can't remember if I did a console though) and they only charge when ready to ship.
Good stuff. Tbh I'm thinking of going to the Microsoft store in NYC after work today and preorder it there. I love going inside.

Two and a half months away still though. Why didn't they release it in September....

Preordering tomorrow

Yeah... I feel like I'd be 20x more excited if it was releasing earlier. I'm still on board but it'd be nice to have the console when I'll be playing Destiny 2

Hawk269

Two and a half months away still though. Why didn't they release it in September....

Preordering tomorrow

I think the only reason was they could not get manufacturing to supply the entire world with units. They are not doing the stagnant tiers this time, it is available worldwide on November 7th. It also lines up with holiday time frame so they have to have the capacity to replenish units after the launch.

I would of loved if it released in September...I secretly am hoping for a October 3 surprise launch of the Scorpio Edition with the regular edition coming November 7th kind of like how they did the Xbox One S with the 2tb version coming out a month before the regular 500gb and 1tb editions. I know deep down that will not happen, but would love to be able to play Forza 7 on launch day with the X1X.

Top Bottom