• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Called my local GameStop . Said they had a conference call and said they're not sure whether today or tomorrow for preorder to be available in the U.S. had no clue basically.

For those that have preordered stuff from the Microsoft Store before, do they reliably get stuff to you on release day? And is it free shipping?

I have preordered my Day One XB1 and multiple games from the Microsoft Store and never had any issues. I have always had free shipping and release day delivery when I preordered from them.

funcojoe

For those that have preordered stuff from the Microsoft Store before, do they reliably get stuff to you on release day? And is it free shipping?

I ordered a design lab controller before they released them and it got to me a day before they released. I forget about shipping. I personally still think amazon is the safest bet for online even though they tucked my switch preorder up. I've been a prime member since the day it launched and it was their only mistake. So I'm still going to go with them.

I called my best friend who manages a GameStop in Indy and asked what's the deal and he plainly said - I don't know.

Macaco84

Look like Game's countdown was an hour too early then as nothing has changed.

If they cant even get a basic countdown right, I certainly wouldn't entrust them with a pre-order!

Edit: Beaten twice!

EBreda

Does anyone know if MS webstore accepts foreign credit cards when delivering to the US?

If not, I'll have to go with Amazon. Which I usually do, but if the LE version is restricted to MS its gonna be tough.

funcojoe

Does anyone know if MS webstore accepts foreign credit cards when delivering to the US?

If not, I'll have to go with Amazon. Which I usually do, but if the LE version is restricted to MS its gonna be tough.

No idea, but to answer the one guys q above, they charge a few days before shipping.

funcojoe

My gstop manager friend, is about to explode in anger from calls to the store.

He said this time - what the fuck makes people think the pre orders go live today, they are announcing something about them.

ViciousDS

Banned

He said this time - what the fuck makes people think the pre orders go live today, they are announcing something about them.

Which store? I wish to call and add more fuel to the flames lol

Colbert

Banned

A gamestop manager is annoyed about potential customers who selected his shop to buy a new console?

Very interesting...

funcojoe

A gamestop manager is annoyed about potential customers who selected his shop to buy a new console?

Very interesting...

I know right, I was like dude people Are excited you asshole???

He's a pc elitist and has had a bad attitude about his job for a long time, dudes been a manager for over 12 years.

EvB

I know right, I was like dude people Are excited you asshole???

He's a pc elitist and has had a bad attitude about his job for a long time, dudes been a manager for over 12 years.

A video game retail store “manager” with a bad attitude?! Unheard of

funcojoe

lol.

So wait, Gamestop won't have pre-orders open today?

Who knows at this point, my guy at GameStop seems very angry, won't give me answers, just saying people are dumb what makes them think they go live today.

For all we know though gstop managers still have no concrete info.

Poked around a bit more and yeah, EB locations weren't supposed to open up orders for folk today since they don't have an allocation of units yet. Me and my friend must have gotten our orders in before they got the news.

funcojoe

I just sent this -

Sooooooo you know something or you know nothing john snow?

gstopdickweed - Dude no. No one knows anything.

I think I'm getting him mad lol.

I've known him for 15 years, good friend and wouldn't lie.

Sanpei

giphy.gif

In this thread, we confirm that Gamestop employees don't know anything.

As a former GameStop Manager I can at least feel that guys pain. They expect you to get so many stupid things done everyday and when you reach the 50th phone call in an hour asking the same question you start to lose it. I don't know if "toh reports" are still a thing but seriously fuck them

Couple quick stupid questions about Preordering at GS
Haven't done it since 2013 lol
. More kudos If you work there ;)

Is it still $100 down on preorders?

For console trade in promos. Can you go back to your preorder store and get the promo trade in % done down the road, or does the promo only apply to new preorders during the same day you go trade in an old console? I ask just in case they don't have old console trade in promos launching the same day as preorders go live either today/tomorrow.

Thanks

Got my gamestop 525 credit(From trading in old xbox and ps4 a year ago) ready to go..I have my XBOX ONE S which of course I will be getting rid of but wont be going today to gamestop

Hawk269

lol.

So wait, Gamestop won't have pre-orders open today?

Depends on which you store you call. I called and posted the phone number for the Store in Dallax TX that I called and he said they start at 2pm, which would be 3pm EST/12pm PST right when the GC show begins. I posted the number so people could verify what I was told. But I called a few others and it is hit and miss on what they say. Some said the following:

"Call back a little later"
"We are not sure, but call back after the presentation"
"Not heard anything, not sure if we are doing anything"..I then informed him to go to his own website and it is splashed right there that something is going on, he then replied "sorry man, I been off all week and was not sure what was going, but thanks for heads up".

So your mileage may vary depending on what store and who you talk with.

WadeitOut

Hopefully best buy lets me do store pick up like with the Switch.

Now that Amazon started charging tax in my state this year There isn't much of a benefit of buying from them over a retail store if I can get it in person.

How in the world do you turn the chat off in Beam? It's going so fast it's annoying.

EDIT: Nevernind I you can turn it off when you go fullscreen

Klocker

Top Bottom