• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

In Germany Xbox One X consoles are still available. Just made this screenshot a minute ago.

fz87N50.png

That's not a surprise at all. Germany is firmly Sony land.

Colbert

Banned
That's not a surprise at all. Germany is firmly Sony land.

The minute I did that post I didn't check the links. After doing that for every retailer I always got the same result: "Not available anymore".

Edit:
Now at least MediaMarkt seems to be have stock again.

Edit 2:
A page refresh and its out of stock again. I guess its now a matter of cancellations of pre-orders if there are available consoles or not.

This is odd, at the section on the Dutch Xbox site where it says ''also available here'' it says shops like Bol.com, Amazon, Intertoys etc, but no Mediamarkt, Game Mania or Nedgame, odd.

The minute I did that post I didn't check the links. After doing that for every retailer I always got the same result: "Not available anymore".

So no, its sold out completely at least by following the links MS offered.

Well to be fair, this is the extremely limited "Scorpio edition". It wouldn't take long for it to sell out. The regular X isn't up for pre order yet.

Colbert

Banned
Well to be fair, this is the extremely limited "Scorpio edition". It wouldn't take long for it to sell out. The regular X isn't up for pre order yet.

I don't care about that, I was trying to give some info for those weren't able to get one. In this very minute MediaMarkt.de seems to have them available again presumably because some have cancelled their preorder.

t hicks

Banned
IDK I think the Scorpio edition looks corny..Not a fan of the text on the front. I want the X but I'll definitely wait for the standard edition
Agree with this, kinda bummed I didn't get a preorder in but then I remembered it was for that version and not just the standard so it's all good. Hoping that they do open up preorders for the standard version though so I don't have to worry about it come launch day

Liking the fact even the box is a lovely gesture to the original XBox : harping back top when the XBox GPU was head and shoulders above any rival console and MS has returned to those great days with the One X

cucuchu

As much of a bad reputation Gamestop has and despite some issues I have had with them in the past, I have to give them massive credit for what they did for me. Initially when the XBOX was revealed, they placed my name on a list of people they would call when preorder information became available. I was able to throw down a $100 reservation and they told me they would run down the list and switch people's money over to the XBOX preorder when they became available. I was a bit skeptical but sure enough I received a phone call yesterday at 5:05pm EST (5 minutes after that store was suppose to close) asking for my e-mail address so they could go ahead and secure my preorder for the XBOX Scorpio addition. Really awesome of them to do this.

Freeman76

Agree with this, kinda bummed I didn't get a preorder in but then I remembered it was for that version and not just the standard so it's all good. Hoping that they do open up preorders for the standard version though so I don't have to worry about it come launch day

I dont think there is any danger of a supply shortage, no need to worry.

cucuchu

Gamestop has some bundles that seem to include the standard model of the XBOX. Bit pricey though if none of the extras interest you.

Lima

As much of a bad reputation Gamestop has and despite some issues I have had with them in the past, I have to give them massive credit for what they did for me. Initially when the XBOX was revealed, they placed my name on a list of people they would call when preorder information became available. I was able to throw down a $100 reservation and they told me they would run down the list and switch people's money over to the XBOX preorder when they became available. I was a bit skeptical but sure enough I received a phone call yesterday at 5:05pm EST (5 minutes after that store was suppose to close) asking for my e-mail address so they could go ahead and secure my preorder for the XBOX Scorpio addition. Really awesome of them to do this.

You gave them $100 bucks interest free money to work with until November.
It's like the least you should expect.

PaulLFC

I hope they have UK preorders for the standard edition at some point. Not a fan of the Scorpio edition personally, I don't like the green text on the front of it.

Mask

Oh wait, I guess I was lucky getting an order in for the Scorpio Edition on amazon UK? I just like randomly checked and preordered it..

Leyasu

Banned
Micromania in France just texted me with a message saying that they only 2500 available. I called them and they want 50€ deposit. No sweat, but I will take an early lunch break and go straight there.

Caayn

Just got my pre-order for the Scorpio edition. Order page says that'll be delivered 02-09-17 :p

Not really a fan of the Scorpio edition controller, but I really like the Scorpio edition console. Still sad that it's only 1TB though, should've been 2TB.
That bloke was just annoying, major Nelson does a better unboxing
https://youtu.be/Ru_nllptAsA
Much better video than the run of the mill fake enthusiasm high pitched youtuber, thanks.

Exclusive stand? Isn't that just the normal vertical stand for the XB1X or will they not be sold separately?
Edit:
Yes the stand is exclusive to the Special Edition!
What the. That's pretty lame to be honest.

Colbert

Banned
Exclusive stand? Isn't that just the normal vertical stand for the XB1X or will they not be sold separately?
Edit:
What the. That's pretty lame to be honest.

Ah, so they're not selling the stand seperate?
That's lame :/
The Special Edition is the only SKU where it is included in the package. Of course you will able to buy it as an accessory like with the Xbox One S!

Bobnob

If i buy MS credit/gift cards, will they give me that option as a payment method ? hence, take my money strait away. Thats how it works when i buy games but as anyone tried that getting a console.

I ordered my switch online, it was the only console I've not attended a midnight launch for. I didn't get my switch delivered until 4pm on the day, which I had booked off,l. So on my day off I missed vital switch time!

So I'm just walking back from grabbing a pre-order in store at GAME, manager (who I know and used to work for) said allocation was 18 Scorpio edition units and he was shocked at that. I got console 14 on the list at 10am.

cyen

I ordered my switch online, it was the only console I've not attended a midnight launch for. I didn't get my switch delivered until 4pm on the day, which I had booked off,l. So on my day off I missed vital switch time!

So I'm just walking back from grabbing a pre-order in store at GAME, manager (who I know and used to work for) said allocation was 18 Scorpio edition units and he was shocked at that. I got console 14 on the list at 10am.

Well, it seems like a "true" limited edition then.

Just got back from Mediamarkt here and they had the Project Scorpio Edition listed in their database, so i changed my preorder to that one. Should be fine now! Nice! The only thing that could ruin it if the PS edition is sold out way before Mediamarkt can get it, but that's doubtful the shopkeeper said. If it's in their database it should mean i get it.

derFeef

Just got back from Mediamarkt here and they had the Project Scorpio Edition listed in their database, so i changed my preorder to that one. Should be fine now! Nice! The only thing that could ruin it if the PS edition is sold out way before Mediamarkt can get it, but that's doubtful the shopkeeper said. If it's in their database it should mean i get it.

Preordered at Saturn and yeah, kinda uncertain. I trust Amazon and co way more in that regard.

Leyasu

Banned
It says on my receipt from micromania France that I have the day one edition. Must mean the Scorpio version. Plus he did say only 2500 - 3000 units max for their 400+ stores.

Not bothered what version I get in all honesty. I just want it day one. Especially now we can Pré update our games.

Top Bottom