• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

That is awesome man. Glad that you ended up getting one!!!

One to sell on Ebay.

Nice dude!

thats cool man :)

Thanks folks! He is a good pal.

I tried and couldn't do it last night and by the time I got to the office today they were all gone. Told him ill buy a couple of pints on me when we go to pick them up at Game on release.

Now I have one and can look forward to it was all the talk of the free game just a load of shite then? Still hopeful they do something like that and announce it at the start of PGW. That last wee push....

I got my pre order in with the Microsoft store yesterday. I was really concerned when I couldn't get an Amazon one. Never ordered anything physical from the MS store before haha

The intentions may be different, but the market decides.

If a year from now, it's still the cheaper Xbox One S that's flying off shelves 10:1 over the more expensive Xbox One X, then it's never going to become the 'standard' Xbox.

That is, until Microsoft launches an even better version a year after that and phases out the XB1S. But as long as the S is the unit that's keeping Microsoft relevant, it'll be the standard Xbox.

I say standard because your going to get perfect performance on the X while the S is going to be "gimped". Halo 6 will be native 4k 60fps on X while it will be some downgraded version on S.

Scorpio is the new standard for Xbox imo. Make games look amazing on X, make the games work on S. In 3 years X becomes the S and the new system becomes the standard. S starts to ramp down as some games will soon stop being compatible. The cycle will then go on this way hopefully forever keeping BC intact and never refreshing library's again

I think 4 years. Just like how it was 4 years for Scorpio.

Elite controller all over again. MS wasnt expecting that also.
Dont think the X will set sales on fire. But the Elite controller showed there is a big group that wants to pay for premium stuff.

It's such a nice controller too, I hadn't used it for months and months and I was just using my white S pad for PC games, but I dug it out last night, and man it's night and day quality, forgotten how good it is.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I say standard because your going to get perfect performance on the X while the S is going to be "gimped". Halo 6 will be native 4k 60fps on X while it will be some downgraded version on S.

Lol, they ain't gimping shit when the userbase of the weaker console is likely to be 30 to 1.

If you're advocating for them to just shaft original XB1 owners with bad, shoddy versions of games then that's pretty shitty.
Sure it'll run at a lower res but i'd wager the original XB1 version will be a vastly higher development priority than the XB1X version will be.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Only Target and Walmart left in the US. Do they usually overbook these things or are they just last because they charge right away?

I have an extra on pre-order as well. I went with Amazon because at the time, Gamestop did not know. About 30 min later GS said they had them good to go. I have a friend that wants one but is in a financial situation where he will have to wait...so it will make for a unexpected and shocking Christmas present for him and his family. Going to buy a year gold and an extra controller so he and his kids can play together on it and get them a few games.

That's awesome of you man.

Chitown B

10 weeks is a good amount of time! I'll be getting on at launch and wouldn't have the $100 to spare right now.

hey you do you. Just saying the date was announced months ago, so if you don't have $100 by now maybe you need that money for other things like food and rent. take care.

Chitown B

1080p still looks great, and not everyone has a 4K tv anyway. So it's not gimped, it's just on lower settings. Would still play fine.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Im honestly surprised that its selling out everywhere.

I wonder how many of the sales are by resellers though, could see these people high off the nintendo switch flipping

And people constantly wonder why people pre-order consoles rather than chance it in stores. *cough*

Lol, they ain't gimping shit when the userbase of the weaker console is likely to be 30 to 1.

If you're advocating for them to just shaft original XB1 owners with bad, shoddy versions of games then that's pretty shitty.
Sure it'll run at a lower res but i'd wager the original XB1 version will be a vastly higher development priority than the XB1X version will be.

I am not saying they are gimping it on purpose. I am just saying that the worrying of the S being weaker than the PS4 is over with the X. You will see 720p-900p as the standard native for S sooner than later

Was able to grab a PS edition preorder at Gamestop. Called one in my area that was sold out but told me the one in the mall still had some (Manager said she was almost out when I got there). Got lucky.

E92 M3

Elite controller all over again. MS wasnt expecting that also.
Dont think the X will set sales on fire. But the Elite controller showed there is a big group that wants to pay for premium stuff.

The elite is one of the best controllers I ever used. Good products sell well.

hey you do you. Just saying the date was announced months ago, so if you don't have $100 by now maybe you need that money for other things like food and rent. take care.

I mean, if your thing is judging people on gaming forums based off of your own weird standards then go for it man.

I don't use ebay much. Some of those listings when you click them show "Ended" or "Removed". How do we confirm which are actually sold?

I'm pretty sure the ones that show as "ended" actually sold. The "removed" ones definitely aren't sold through though.

Spasm

you underestimate the power of fanboys wanting to have the most powerful console.

I was skeptical about the pre-orders selling out, but I just went looking, and the only place I can see it available is Walmart.com. Sold out on the Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and MS Store websites. Color me pleasantly surprised. Glad I decided not to waffle yesterday.

Leyasu

Banned

You would lose that wager when it comes to first party games. They are going to make xbox x versions shine.

Not saying that they will purposely gimp Base versions, just that they will go to town on x versions.

Ended up trading in my OG PS4 on lunch at GS for a Scorpio preorder. Employee said each GS in the Tampa area were allocated 10 reservations. Ended up getting one of the last 3 left. $175 for my jet engine day one machine, I’ll take it lol. About to cancel my Amazon order.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You would lose that wager when it comes to first party games. They are going to make xbox x versions shine.

Not saying that they will purposely gimp Base versions, just that they will go to town on x versions.

But the entire pitch of the thing is basically 'the best console to play third party games'.

And honestly, I doubt third parties are all going to town and investing a lot of time and money on these half-step consoles. The PS4 Pro is suffering the same fate.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So I looked on Amazon yesterday.....no option to pre-order. Never got any emails. Was it a crapshoot being able to get one or something?

I had set up alerts from Best Buy, Amazon.com and Gamestop. I got Best Buy's Email alert today and nothing from anyone else. Let's just say, no one can rely on these notifications.

When I went to my local Gamestop store here, it was shortly after Gamestop pre-orders became available on the Site. When I said I was there to put in my pre-order, there were employees there I wasn't familiar with. They were shocked to see that it was available because 1/2 hour before, it wasn't. They put in my pre order without checking to see if I was on the first to know list. Next, the manager put in a pre order for himself. Then they started discussing about calling people on the need to know list.

It's a crap-shoot and it's all about timing.

Leyasu

Banned
But the entire pitch of the thing is basically 'the best console to play third party games'.

And honestly, I doubt third parties are all going to town and investing a lot of time and money on these half-step consoles. The PS4 Pro is suffering the same fate.

I never said third party.

You are right to have doubts regarding the commitment of third parties through.

I have an Amazon preorder but I don't care much for the PS edition and I could save close to $100 if I wait and do MS Store. What do you guys think?

Unrelated: If I change my payment method on Amazon will it screw me?

I'm on vacation, and was able to find a spot with decent service to get my Best Buy pre-order in. Didn't expect these to be selling great out so far.

I've got a decent backlog of games, I feel like I don't want to play any of them, cause they'll just look/play better in a few months.

nillapuddin

I'm so iffy on whether or not i will want to keep my amazon preorder or roll the dice for a pack in bundle for black friday/cyber Monday.

Orcus

Walmart still has some, I just finished my preorder. I was checking the MS store and they have been out of stock most of the day, so i figured I would try Walmart since I don't have a BestBuy around me.

Top Bottom