• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Ushay

So what games will you guys be firing up first on launch day?

Personally I have Witcher 3 DLC, AC Origins and FF15 waiting.

Colbert

Banned

Those all are good choices + Gears of War 4 and Titanfall 2. And now Quantum Break and Rise of the Tomb Raider get patched too.

Too many games!

pitchfork

Think it'll be AC origins first off - such a stunning looking game, cant wait to see it running on my newly acquired 4K tv!

purg3

slept with Malkin

Going to restart Witcher 3, never got that far to begin with. Been waiting to check out FFXV as well. Also curious to see how FH3 looks. AC Origins looks great but not sure if I'll get to it anytime soon.

derFeef

I never ordered from the MS store (Austria here), do they send on time or will I be waiting for the console a few more days after launch?

Colbert

Banned
MS said its actually a little bit more noisy sometimes iirc.

Given the form factor I am not surprised. No one should be really.

One of the many interviews they gave! I would love to give you a link but I really don't remember where I heard it.

I haven't seen that. Digital Foundary said it was essentially silent, didn't they?

I am almost certain I did not read it but heard it in an interview around E3 time. Sorry I can't remember exactly where.

So did I. He (forgot who) said that it's louder then the S when it's pushing 4K games. Something like that...

I want to give an update on how silent the Xbox One X is.

Some guys that are at gamescom just now reported that the console seems to be "whisper-silent".

When asked why they are so sure about that because of the noisy environment the show floor usualy is they answered they are in a separated area without much noise . They also say the console is silent under load.

Edit:
They also say the console doesn't get very warm too despite the fact the consoles already running since several hours.

h3mgLlJ.png

duF2NV7.png

derFeef

I never believe these "whisper silent" claims. People said that about the PS4, the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One as well. I can hear all of them.

gamz

I'm honestly not prone to console noise. Least of my concerns. I never hear a console nor has it ever bugged me.

Colbert

Banned
I never believe these "whisper silent" claims. People said that about the PS4, the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One as well. I can hear all of them.

I cannot hear my One S in its confinement sitting 3m away on idle or when I play a game. Was different with my OG One where I always was able to hear the external power supply and its damn fan. I can hear the One S though when playing BluRays of course because of the spinning disc.

Yeah, nothing in that form factor that pushes intense graphics will be silent. We can only hope for a good fan profile that makes the noise acceptable. One of the reasons I want the One X to replace my PS4 Pro for multiplats is that I hope it doesn't have the same yo-yo fan profile where it's constantly going up and down instantly based on load.

Albert has already said it's a bit louder than the X1S under load. As long as it's not PS4 jet engine style I don't care, my sound system will hide it nicely!

Also new machines don't tell you much. You need to know what it's like in 6 months when it has clogged up with loads of dust.

I cannot hear my One S in its confinement sitting 3m away on idle or when I play a game. Was different with my OG One where I always was able to hear the external power supply and its damn fan. I can hear the One S though when playing BluRays of course because of the spinning disc.

Same here. Although DF recorded the One S as slightly more "noisy" I just can't hear it. The original One was perfect sound wise had it not been for the tiny fan in the power supply that made this really annoying buzz noise.

MilkyJoe

I've pretty much stopped playing everything with a X enhancement.

Launch day though, it's going to be;

Forza 7
FH3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
DOOM
Red Dead Redemption - check out those BC enhancements.

My launch OG Xbone is still really damn quiet. The external harddrive I have hooked up to it sometimes makes more noise lol.

My friend in Den Haag went to Mediamarkt yesterday and they told him they can't guarantee the Project Scorpio Edition because nothing is official yet, they did however wanted him to pay a small amount of money if he did want to go on with the preorder, lol.

Today I went to Game Mania and Nedgame. The former said they are only getting about five units of the PS edition and those are gone already. Nedgame was waiting for word from MS because nothing was official yet. Stupid shit really.

I seriously wonder if my Mediamarkt gets enough of the PS edition. Wouldn't surprise me if I get the normal edition this November.

FN-2187

I couldn't hear my OG Xbox One or my One S, so I am not concerned about noise.

They all seem whisper quiet to me since I still play my Dreamcast, which is a legit vacuum.

Noobcraft

The games I'm looking forward to on the One X are:
FFXV, ReCore DE (if it's out by launch), Battlefront 2, FM7, FH3. It should be a great day (I think I'm waiting until December to open it on my birthday though).

Hmm.

Forza 7
Forza Horizon 3
AC Origins
And I'm still holding out hope Call of Duty WWII gets a patch.

I feel like there's little to no doubt that Destiny 2 and CoD will see patches. Especially when they're both confirmed to have PS4 Pro enhancements.

Damn... That's tough! Strangely I really want to see how Slime Rancher runs. I really enjoyed what I played of it so far but the performance was slightly off. Would love to see how it performs on the One X. Otherwise it'll probably be Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, and Need for Speed before I dive into Assassin's Creed Origins.

I think context is important here. If you're sitting in a borderline sound-proof room and find yourself relatively close to the console of course you'll hear it. I sit about 6-8 feet away from my TV/consoles and live right in the center square of my town. I'd have to put my ear on the console to hear it. Only ever hear my PS4 when it starts spinning a disc.

Dervius

Straight up wasn't expecting the Scorpio edition to sell out how it has in many regions.

I suppose this is pretty much pitched for those of us already fairly committed to the xbox environment, and we're a ravenous bunch after having 4 years of underpowered machinery.

I'm in two minds about whether or not to Play The Evil Within 2 on my S before the X comes out (in line with Halloween) or wait for the better visuals...

Hopefully PUBG but if not, I'll be buying the X1 edition of the Witcher. Already played through twice on PS4 but ill give it another go. Honestly I'm most interested to see how the 360 and hopefully OG Xbox games run on it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I have so many games on backlog just for this.

Forza Horizon 3
Dishonored 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
DOOM
Quantum Break
Gears 4
Mafia 3
Witcher 3
For Honor
Halo 5: Guardians
Injustice 2
Resident Evil 7
Fallout 4
Skyrim

I have others as well like BioShock Collection and Dark Souls 3 which I hope offer a vsync toggle for improved framerates. Don't mind sticking at the lower resolutions.

New titles like Destiny, Forza 6 and Battlefront I'll be grabbing. PUBG looks my type of game but from the videos I'll probably skip the early access version.

When my Wii U turns on it's pretty noticeable from the get go. My Day One Xbox and PS4 Pro are quiet when turned on from where I sit. The Xbox pretty much stays that way while the PS4 Pro gets quite loud when running 4K games. Mostly I don't notice it during gameplay though. Will be interesting to see how the One X fares in that regard.

psychotron

I normally don't either because my Pro certainly gets loud, but I have to say that my XB1 S has been incredibly quiet. I never hear it from my seating position.

I can't fucking wait to play COD WWII on this, hopefully it's one of the enhanced titles.

FH3 is going to be mind blowing on this thing, and I'm itching to play PUBG on it as well.

Colbert

Banned
My friend in Den Haag went to Mediamarkt yesterday and they told him they can't guarantee the Project Scorpio Edition because nothing is official yet, they did however wanted him to pay a small amount of money if he did want to go on with the preorder, lol.

Today I went to Game Mania and Nedgame. The former said they are only getting about five units of the PS edition and those are gone already. Nedgame was waiting for word from MS because nothing was official yet. Stupid shit really.

I seriously wonder if my Mediamarkt gets enough of the PS edition. Wouldn't surprise me if I get the normal edition this November.
you dutch people are really screwed! why not order in nearby germany?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have so many games on backlog just for this.

Forza Horizon 3
Dishonored 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
DOOM
Quantum Break
Gears 4
Mafia 3
Witcher 3
For Honor
Halo 5: Guardians
Injustice 2
Resident Evil 7
Fallout 4
Skyrim

I have others as well like BioShock Collection and Dark Souls 3 which I hope offer a vsync toggle for improved framerates. Don't mind sticking at the lower resolutions.

New titles like Destiny, Forza 6 and Battlefront I'll be grabbing. PUBG looks my type of game but from the videos I'll probably skip the early access version.

I'm actually building a backlog for this. I'm ordering games on the cheap which will be enhanced for the XBOX One X. Looks like I'll need an 8TB external HDD by November. Those Black Friday week deals gonna kill me.

you dutch people are really screwed! why not order in nearby germany?

Well for me it still would be like an hour away or more to get in Germany and I'd rather just be able to go to the store on the 7th and get it as soon as I wake up.

It's only my guess that there's a chance my MM won't have the PS edition on offer. I could be totally wrong on that. I hope so. :)

Ovech-King

Gold Member
As for noise, looks like perhaps Microsoft relied on something more than fans to make the console quiet. The real test will be in your quiet living room. I can confirm that the ps4 pro on checkerboard 4k with unlocked frame rate is a turbo jet

Im looking forward since a long time for forza horizon 3 since I'm coming from ps4 but that new need for speed looks crazy good.

Priorities...

jayvo

Been holding off on starting my play through of Witcher 3 and its DLC because of Scorpio. That will be the first thing that I play. Probably followed by Final Fantasy 15

Raide

Looking forward to firing up Titanfall 2 and seeing what it looks like. Also want to see Battlefront 2. Will also be cool to go through my BC titles for improvements.

deadfolk

As for noise, looks like perhaps Microsoft relied on something more than fans to make the console quiet. The real test will be in your quiet living room. I can confirm that the ps4 pro on checkerboard 4k with unlocked frame rate is a turbo jet

Im looking forward since a long time for forza horizon 3 since I'm coming from ps4 but that new need for speed looks crazy good.

Priorities...

FH3 is an amazing game. I've stopped playing until the X drops so I can experience it at its best.

Top Bottom