• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox SmartGlass app downloaded over 17 million times

JudgeB

Banned
So not even 50% of xblg users have tried a free thing even once?

This is like when Sony announced that the F2P Uncharted 3 MP was downloaded 750,000 times. Can't even hit 1 million with free?

You're assuming that every Xbox 360 owner owns a Tablet and/or Smartphone with that logic.

krumble

Well this app managed to install itself onto 2 XPS 12 laptop / tablets that I bought home from work
As soon as windows 8 found my 360 on the network it installed
And the app had an update about a week later

Never even launched it once..

I'm sure many windows 8 users had similar happen

Yea, I don't know. I keep redownloading it on new devices even though I hardly use it. It's nice little app for checking cheevos, messages etc. The actual game functionality has been super limited though. I think it'll pick up this christmas though, a lot of new games this e3 were using tablet stuff more meaningful than what smartglass has attempted so far.

Shame that its shit on halo 4 and refuses to work with horizon for me.

I may be totally wrong, had the horizon problem, and I believe it only actually does the gps stuff on windows devices. Wouldn't do the map on my galaxy s4, no bother on my laptop (windows 8).

I downloaded it for my HTC Windows Phone 8x. Found it to be a bit of mess; really slow and temperamental. I don't know if that's due to my phone though, rather than the app.

I don't have any games which actually use SmartGlass. I did intend to use it as a quicker method of composing messages on xbox live but in the end I went back to the old on screen keyboard because I couldn't be bothered with it.

Well this app managed to install itself onto 2 XPS 12 laptop / tablets that I bought home from work
As soon as windows 8 found my 360 on the network it installed
And the app had an update about a week later

Never even launched it once..

I'm sure many windows 8 users had similar happen

Yeah, this happened to me too. It seems as soon as it detects an Xbox 360 on the same network, it silently and automatically installs itself on your computer and sticks an icon on your Start screen.

ckohler

Good to see the adoption high. Now if they would only support it more often. My best friend and I were laughing when this happened:

vEvW0JZ.jpg

Mindwipe

I’d like the thing a lot more if it wasn’t so insanely slow at logging in or starting up.

My phone is a much better keyboard than anything else, but when it takes 15+ seconds to get to the keyboard part then it’s no good.

It’s also a bit weird that it’s the app to access your Halo 4 stats, but there’s no way to do that when you’re not on your home network playing Halo 4.

ekim

Yea, I don't know. I keep redownloading it on new devices even though I hardly use it. It's nice little app for checking cheevos, messages etc. The actual game functionality has been super limited though. I think it'll pick up this christmas though, a lot of new games this e3 were using tablet stuff more meaningful than what smartglass has attempted so far.

I may be totally wrong, had the horizon problem, and I believe it only actually does the gps stuff on windows devices. Wouldn't do the map on my galaxy s4, no bother on my laptop (windows 8).

Nope - worked on the iPad for me. :eek:

Top Bottom