• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

RoKKeR

Man, so torn on IW Legacy Edition for $60. Pretty damn steep still especially with how game prices have generally been lower this year.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, so torn on IW Legacy Edition for $60. Pretty damn steep still especially with how game prices have generally been lower this year.

Infinite Warfare is better than you might think and the MW remaster is fantastic. It's a good deal. But Titanfall 2 for $30 is still what I would recommend to anyone wanting a fast and fun as hell shooter that plays like a dream.

MauroNL

Are all the deals posted so far weekly deals? Any of them daily?
These are probably all weekly, so valid through Thursday next week Dec 29. Could be that 1 or 2 of the list in OP are dailys though. Will update status when Major Nelson has his blog post ready.

Chris1

It's two games you're getting though. But go for Titanfall 2 and wait for COD4 standalone if you really want it.

Seik

Banned
How does killer instinct season 3 ultra edition work?

If I buy it will I get all the content from the previous seasons?

The original price of 39.99 is the same as the deluxe edition with everything so I'm wondering if the contents are basically the same.

I'll answer both our questions, took some time during work to check out. :)

Answer, it's shit, only season 3 characters with bells and whistles.

The Ultimate Season 3 Bundle! Get early access to fighters! Includes 8 new fighters - including Rash from Battletoads, Arbiter from Halo, Kim Wu, and Tusk! Includes VIP Double XP Booster, 8 retro costumes, accessory sets, and bonus retro character colors.

Will probably just end up buying the Definitive Edition for 40$, tired of waiting for a deal that never comes around.

EDIT: Meeeeeh, I think DE is only for X1, I REALLY have to buy it in the game...D:

RoKKeR

Infinite Warfare is better than you might think and the MW remaster is fantastic. It's a good deal. But Titanfall 2 for $30 is still what I would recommend to anyone wanting a fast and fun as hell shooter that plays like a dream.

It's two games you're getting though. But go for Titanfall 2 and wait for COD4 standalone if you really want it.

Hmm. Will mull it over. I wasn't really feeling the free TF2 trial, but $30 is dangerously close to impulse territory. Unfortunately BF1 is taking up most of my MP playtime at the moment. The campaigns of IW and MWR are what's drawing me to that game.

Wow, didn't think Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 would get discounted for this event. Really glad I got $20 from Microsoft Rewards, because I was going to pay for the Steam version.

ironcreed

Banned
Hmm. Will mull it over. I wasn't really feeling the free TF2 trial, but $30 is dangerously close to impulse territory. Unfortunately BF1 is taking up most of my MP playtime at the moment. The campaigns of IW and MWR are what's drawing me to that game.

You can't go wrong. And it is two games if you go the COD route.

Chris1

Then get Titanfall.

(I haven't played IW but Titanfall campaign is amazing)

I just bought BF1 4 days or so ago at full price. Wonder if MS would refund me the difference if i promise to use it on more of these sale games, lol.

TalonJH

The single player is worth $20 imo. It's a pretty good execution of an awful narrative.

That's about what I expected. For lack of a better way of putting it, I've always been a fan of the world/lore and experience of Halo more than the story. I wouldn't call any of the stories (including the books) amazing but I like being in that fiction. It's just a very cool world to me.

Then get Titanfall.

(I haven't played IW but Titanfall campaign is amazing)

Play IW's campaign. It's very solid and interesting.

Lkr

mmmmmm i need titanfall 2, might be time to bite on it. still bummed that smartpistol can't be my primary though...

no sale on the gears 1 remake? i want that still, wake me up when its $10 MS

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
MS store has the Battlefield 1/Titanfall 2 bundle at $89.99 non-Gold and $74.99 Gold.

Edit: they're cheaper to buy separately ($68.99). WTF?

Still don't understand why MS preannounces these things. Best way to spark an impulse purchase is to launch the sale without fanfare. They always give people days to think about buying or not buying. It's just a strange approach.

ironcreed

Banned
Metro Redux bundle is 80% off
$6 in Canada...

Edit: just realized its the GWG deal not Holiday sale.

I picked that up last night. $6 for both Metro games remastered the way these are is nuts. I tried a bit of 2033 last night and it might as well be a totally different game technically compared to the 360 version.

KainXVIII

Lol

lOgaN4v.png

Top Bottom