• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Probably gonna bite on MGSV.

As with every sale thread I'll plug Life Is Strange and Oxenfree. $5 and $10 is a steal for those games.

dedhead54

Will pick up Oblivion, Skate 3, and Resident Evil 4. My XB1 has turned in to my throwback machine. And I ain't mad about that whatsoever.

Saw Crimson and my heart jumped that maybe Crimson Dragon was on sale.

I'm still hoping that that game Lococycle and D4 go on sale.

I was planning to buy D4 at full price but with Swery leaving Access Games I don't think my full price purchase would help it get finished.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
How do you find the sale?

Mm, we are all talking about something that hasn't started? Great.

Theorry

How do you find the sale? The store front doesn't mention it. The icons on the home page have a video and a link to just gears 4. Who makes this shitty OS layout? I can't even spend my money, they don't want it.

Because its not really live yet, We know it because of storeparser really.

Is Superhot pretty good and worth ~17$? Seen some saying it's pretty good and the artstyle seems interesting

It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

Honestly though for me it's up there with Oxenfree as a strong contenter for GOTY.
Surprisingly a lot of replay value, especially if you like to replay in different ways and speedrun levels.

splattered

Arghh I was hoping Blops II was going to be cheaper... I have it on disc but was hoping to buy digital as well. Oh well, looks like that's not happening for awhile.

Ricker

Will get The Technomancer...I would of prefered the same price on the PS4 Pro but looks like its not coming...might grab Recore also,got stuck on a Boss but was liking it.

Schlorgan

I will probably pick up Return to Arkham for that price.

Does anyone know if the 1.02 patch fixed any of the framerate or frame-pacing issues on the Xbox One version? I can't find any info on it, only the PS4/Pro version.

Justinh

So I guess no Killer Instinct ultimate edition on sale? I need the whole game and every season.

The Definitive edition physical edition was only 40 dollars on Amazon not long ago. From what I remember it's the Ultra Editions of each season and comes with a CD with the soundtrack. If someone doesn't already have the game, I think that's the package to get. I think it was on sale digitally during the Black Friday deals too, but I'll have to check.

Nope, it's less than 30 at Amazon. It was 20 digitally during Black Friday, maybe it'll pop up again later next week?

The Definitive edition physical edition was only 40 dollars on Amazon not long ago. From what I remember it's the Ultra Editions of each season and comes with a CD with the soundtrack. If someone doesn't already have the game, I think that's the package to get. I think it was on sale digitally during the Black Friday deals too, but I'll have to check.
I play on PC

Try and boot the game without the disc. I'm not sure but I believe the Taken King DLC included the base game unlock. (At least according to something I read on Reddit a long time ago)

Would love for that to have worked and been a wtf moment man, but nada, just prompts for the disc, and the only purchasable option in the store is the complete collection these days. Leaving the disc behind would be nice, but not another £30 nice.

Wouldn't put anyone off buying Recore, cool game, but if you do grab it, maaaybe worth waiting on the tank dlc to drop before starting. I would have loved to have that in my playthrough.

Westraid

Thanks again MauroNL for the thread!

Sales started off nicely for me already. I was hoping for Firewatch to go on sale.
Wanted the game since it was released, but heard it was pretty short.

Thanks again MauroNL for the thread!

Sales started off nicely for me already. I was hoping for Firewatch to go on sale.
Wanted the game since it was released, but heard it was pretty short.

I played it back at launch on pc (first game with the steam controller in fact, that was exciting) and really enjoyed it. One of those that really hangs on whether you like the narrative or not. It is pretty short though. I broke it into two sittings but if you took an afternoon one would work. It's like a good movie though, not a problem.

Just finished Superhot and would highly recommend it. Yes it's short but what is there is fantastic. Plus there is an endless mode and challenges. Can see this being a game I come back to a lot

Luke_Wal

Again, this is my first Xbox experience:

I added an Xbox store card to my account. I went to buy New Vegas on my console, and it said I needed to add payment options and tried to send me to the browser. Instead, I did it on my computer, where I also entered my credit card but assumed it would draw from my gift card first, because the card wasn't listed along the other payment options.

Instead, when I went back and looked at my balance, it charged my credit card, and I still have $25.00 on the gift card. What happened? Is it because it's a 360 game? How do I make it charge my gift card and not my credit card on the account?

I added an Xbox store card to my account. I went to buy New Vegas on my console, and it said I needed to add payment options and tried to send me to the browser. Instead, I did it on my computer, where I also entered my credit card but assumed it would draw from my gift card first, because the card wasn't listed along the other payment options.

Instead, when I went back and looked at my balance, it charged my credit card, and I still have $25.00 on the gift card. What happened? Is it because it's a 360 game? How do I make it charge my gift card and not my credit card on the account?
Okay so don't quote me on this, but I think you can only combine payment methods via the console store.

Yea, really sorry man but I think we all experience this the first time. Gift cards can't be spent on 360 games. Why? Well it doesn't really matter why, it shouldn't be the consumer's problem, but it is what it is. I did have success once on the phone converting funds into a 360 game but it's probably not worth the hassle that was. Chalk it up to experience. The only way I believe is if you had a 360 at hand, and then maaybe you could purcahse it on the 360 console with the gift card. Definitely no dice otherwise though, and I'm not even sure that would work.

Kill3r7

Long story short, you cannot buy 360 BC games on X1 using Xbox credit. You have to pay via another method of payment such as CC Or PayPal. Yes it is stupid, annoying and outdated but we have to put up with until they fix it.

MarveI

You can't buy 360 games with gift cards unless you buy it from a xbox 360 console. It's kind of a bug, has been a while.

But xbox customer service is pretty great. Just tell them your story and they'll refund you if you wish.

MauroNL

You can't use xbox credit on 360 games unless you buy it directly from a 360 console. You can only buy 360 games with a credit card or paypal. I know its dumb and weird, but it has something to do with the different store architectures of the 360 and xbox one/windows store.

Justinh

Okay so don't quote me on this, but I think you can only combine payment methods via the console store.

I'm almost certain you can. I've done it on both consoles (meaning using leftover ms account balance on purchase with credit card paying the rest). To be able to use microsoft credit on a 360 game though, you must buy the game from an actual 360 console. This is something they really need to fix.

edit: too late. Oh well.

rdytoroll

You can't use xbox credit on 360 games unless you buy it directly from a 360 console. You can only buy 360 games with a credit card or paypal. I know its dumb and weird, but it has something to do with the different store architectures of the 360 and xbox one/windows store.

Can you really use PayPal? I tried to buy RDR once but it only gave me an option to add a credit card, so I couldn't buy it.

There are some 360 games I'd like to buy this sale too

01DragonFly

Can you really use PayPal? I tried to buy RDR once but it only gave me an option to add a credit card, so I couldn't buy it.

go to microsoft account site and add it from there or in the xbox one settings<account<payment and billing<add payment option(credit/debit card, paypal and mobile)
I think you can only use gift card credit if you buy the games using an xbox 360 console

Contact support and request a refund, maybe they will touch their hearts and give you one since you didn't know

rdytoroll

go to microsoft account site and add it from there or in the xbox one settings<account<payment and billing<add payment option(credit/debit card, paypal and mobile)
I think you can only use gift card credit if you buy the games using an xbox 360 console

Thanks man, I'll try it out. Really want to play RDR

sensui-tomo

yes, aka its bullshit that i cant use my microsoft cash to buy a 360 title, unless i buy a 360 i have to use a card or paypal.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm considering Recore over Forza Horizon 3. I generally prefer action games over racing, and I already have enough in my Windows Store account to cover it.

Am I crazy?

Top Bottom