• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankT

Foxtastical said:
No, don't throw facts into my bullshit world view of the "bedio game-o warsu!!"

Christ, I looked through one page and feel stupider than I have in years.

:lol

chandoog said:
So Jasper 360's are more reliable than fat PS3's ? That's quite an achievement.

Well it's one study. I'm sure it is close to around that though. Jasper is as safe as gets with 360, but hopefully they don't screw it up here as far as that goes.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Well they want to catter to the casual crowd, look at that thing and ask yourself if that's a device any casual would buy? :lol

More core is what I thought when I first saw it. Although a mix really kind of the Wii plus Alienware kind if thing. Natal is their venture at the casual it would seem heh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
God, what is up with the terrible looking redesigns this gen? PS3Slim is an abortion, and this is just fucking ugly. Thank God I have original models of them both.

Slimline = Fugly this gen

Lakitu

st5fu
Relaxed Muscle said:
Well they want to catter to the casual crowd, look at that thing and ask yourself if that's a device any casual would buy? :lol

I'm sick of companies having to try and cater for a non-gamer or casual-gamer. But yes you're right, they've utterly failed in that respect.

Dandy

DMeisterJ said:
God, what is up with the terrible looking redesigns this gen? PS3Slim is an abortion, and this is just fucking ugly. Thank God I have original models of them both.

Slimline = Fugly this gen
Nah PS3 Slim is way better than the original, this new Xbox looks gross though.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Doesn't look much worse than the other consoles. They all look pretty bad imo, and that's fine with me.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I really don't care what it looks like. What I am most excited about is built-in WiFi and hopefully an even more durable device. In the end, what I am most interested in is what games will I get to feed this beast in the coming years (Fable 3, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3; etc.).

Dandy said:
Nah PS3 Slim is way better than the original, this new Xbox looks gross though.
Hey now, the Fat PS3 was one sexy machine! I didnt like the slim when i first saw it but it did grow on me (might have helped i bought a250gig one :lol)

As for the new 360 im not sure what i think about it yet. At first i thought "hmm thats a bit weird but not too bad" but the more i look at it, it just seems like a half beaten Wii. Of course its what it does that counts so looks arent too important.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Haha, I'd love for you to explain the design philosophies that lead you to know that "casuals" won't buy this device for its aesthetics. Please, enlighten.

plasmasd

Foxtastical said:
Haha, I'd love for you to explain the design philosophies that lead you to know that "casuals" won't buy this device for its aesthetics. Please, enlighten.
I eat casuals for lunch and shit Dudebros.

So much hate in here. The briefing is only a couple of hours away. Let's see what Microsoft has brought to the table this year, and if it sucks let's rail 'em. But until then, personally, I'm just going to sit back and watch this unfold.

Foxtastical said:

Because it looks like a PC custom enclousure by some company like Alienware, which assembles PC's for high-performance gaming, as you sure would understand, high-performance gaming is not something any casual is normally into...

/logic.

Actually I was thinking... maybe this redesign has a build-in power brick. people have been complaining about the massive 360 power brick for years.

they will probably make a big deal out of no power brick:(

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Nice, got my hands on one

n3tfd5.jpg

Relaxed Muscle said:
Because it looks like a PC custom enclousure by some company like Alienware, which assembles PC's for high-performance gaming, as you sure would understand, high-performance gaming is not something any casual is normally into...

/logic.

Matey,

gallery_M11x_img5.jpg

... A Alienware, even though its full of LEDs coming out of its bulky ass that just scream im-16-years-old-and-think-that-LEDs-will-get-me-laid is still a very robust and good design.

dell-alienware-m11x-netbook.jpg

... and small and powerful and reliable.(m11x)

but this? I bet faceplates wont fit.
They probably had to keep that weird shape and size to be compatible with their weird HDD enclousure.

NERD RAGE!!!! FFFFFFUUUUUUU

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was listening to the GB podcast and they said something about it looking like an X when placed horizontally. Anyone dig up more on that ?

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
chandoog said:
Was listening to the GB podcast and they said something about it looking like an X when placed horizontally. Anyone dig up more on that ?

Horrid, that will scare off the granny crowd. Ideally it should be beige with a mahogany surround, with some wedgwood styling on the air vents.

bedlamite

chandoog said:
The horizontal X shape would allow for airflow under the console, which is nice. However, you wouldn't be able to stack stuff on top of it, not to mention the horizontal X would look juvenile as shit.

NinjaFusion said:
I don;t get the following things

1 - why it looks like it was made in 1994

2 - why it looks like it wasn;t designed to match kinect or the 360 controller

3 - why the hardware is suddenly 'hardcore pc case' and the branding is soft fonts, fluffy and family friendly? It's a bit schizophrenic in terms of messaging?

Is someone smoking crack at microsoft?
I think this sums up around 95% of peoples thoughts on this POS in this thread. Though Microsoft did forget the LED Fans.

Seriously, I am not sure how they were thinking this was a good idea? And really, the PS2 slim and even the PS3 to a degree have somewhat of a claim on the "slim" name, but really, this thing is not looking all too ... slim?!? And it is not even inhaling, WTF!

Relaxed Muscle said:

/logic.
That's not logic.

You're suggesting that Alienware PCs are bought and consumed by its audience due to that design. It really sounds as if you're suggesting design plays a huge part in it. That the world knows Alienware by their design, and not from their vision of "hardcore PC gaming rigs;" that this design sells that PC to that audience. But fuck, really? You don't think Alienware's marketing, vision or simply the technical aspects of their PCs sell?

This "casuals" market you speak of probably doesn't even know what the hell Alienware is, and if they do, I doubt they have any idea what their design philosophies are. They probably barely know Alienware by their motto of hardcore PC gaming.

I'm gonna hold out for whatever conference Microsoft is having before acting like I can run a company.

Baki

Jtyettis said:
Size confirmed yet? Width and length back to front? It needs to be at least a bit smaller for me to consider it unless there is something else we don't know yet. Internal HDD and power source would be pluses but not so much on the cost of size.

I'm judging based on the DVD tray size.

Pooya

chandoog said:
quick paint job for you. blue ones are the front X and red ones are the side X.
untitledbrur.jpg

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
JordoftheDead said:
Where did you get the Link figure? It would go very well with all of my other dust-collecting videogame related crap that sits all about my house.

Uhm, it was some nerd festival that rolled into town. I guess eBay is your best bet.

It's from the Majora's Mask set, if that helps your search.

I think this will look much better in the flesh, I recall quite a lot of people thought the current Xbox 360 design was an abomination when the first pictures leaked.

I'd ask everyone to be patient and wait for more media, however this is NeoGAF and well...

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
miladesn said:
quick paint job for you. blue ones are the front X and red ones are the side X.
untitledbrur.jpg

Is there any need to have huge vents on the top like that, in this day and age, with 5 year old hardware. Really?

I can see the industrial designers were just handed the completed motherboard and told to design a cheap ABS case around it. :/

Foxtastical said:
That's not logic.

You're suggesting that Alienware PCs are bought and consumed by its audience due to that design. It really sounds as if you're suggesting design plays a huge part in it. That the world knows Alienware by their design, and not from their vision of "hardcore PC gaming rigs." That design sells that PC to that audience. But fuck, really? You don't think Alienware's marketing, vision or simply the technical aspects of their PCs sell?

This "casuals" market you speak of probably doesn't even know what the hell Alienware is, and if they do, I doubt they have any idea what their design philosophies are. They probably barely know Alienware by their motto of hardcore PC gaming.

No, I'm not suggesting that Alienware designs are bought only due to it's design, I'm saying that because they are building high-performance PC's their design must apppeal to the people who buys high-performance PC's.That's the reason behind their designs, whatever the market tastes dictated they are bound to follow them, that people has a taste for LED's and edgey designs, let them have it.

Nintendo wanted to expand their market, so they make the DS lite and the Wii with that apple look, and they didn't sell all thses consoles due that reason, but is was clearly part of the reason.

So now we have MS wanting his portion of that tasty pie, Nintendo is eating alone, so this design looking like a PC enclousure mod, not like an apple design or any of the most succesful modern mainstream recent products, is kinda failing to appeal the casual crowd.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
curls said:
Is there any need to have huge vents on the top like that, in this day and age, with 5 year old hardware. Really?

I can see the industrial designers were just handed the completed motherboard and told to design a cheap ABS case around it. :/

well they aren't known to have the best hardware engineers around.

That big silver circle where the ROL was makes it look 20x worse.

curls

Relaxed Muscle said:
Nintendo wanted to expand their market, so they make the DS lite and the Wii with that apple look, and they didn't sell all thses consoles due that reason, but is was clearly part of the reason.

So now we have MS wanting his portion of that tasty pie, Nintendo is eating alone, so this design looking like a PC enclousure mod, not like an apple design or any of the most succesful modern mainstream recent products, is kinda failing to appeal the casual crowd.

Bingo!

meddow

I love the idea of a new 360, and it looks fine from the very limited image we have of it.

Cant believe people are saying it looks bad, when u can barely see it

curls

alr1ghtstart said:
well they aren't known to have the best hardware engineers around.

That big silver circle where the ROL was makes it look 20x worse.

They came out with the Zune HD which doesn't look too shabby.

depths20XX

Relaxed Muscle said:
No, I'm not suggesting that Alienware designs are bought only due to it's design, I'm saying that because they are building high-performance PC's their design must apppeal to the people who buys high-performance PC's.That's the reason behind their designs, whatever the market tastes dictated they are bound to follow them, that people has a taste for LED's and edgey designs, let them have it.

Have you even seen an Alienware case? They look way more over the top than that.

For reference Original PS3 or PS3 fat is the sexiest piece of hardware this decade.

Regarding the slim I guess we will find out in about couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom