• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
this looks the same size to me. even though I dislike it, i'm not fond of the original design. if it cools the system better, I'd take a bite. but, it'd wait months to make sure it has no issues.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
untitledbrur.jpg

This is horrible. It shouldn't even gone beyond render stage. In fact, I'm going to go as far as to say there's no way this piece of shit passed the focus group tests unless the exec in charge rigged the whole thing.

There's a reason why EVERY piece of hardware has a straight front. The only guys doing the "breaking" staying classy are the Mark Levinson guys. You know, they are ripping off their customers promising them fantasy shit but AT LEAST their boxes are nice looking.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I think I'm the only one in this thread that likes the design :lol

Might get one if it's fairly cheap, has wifi and is reliable. Right now my 360 is hooked up to our shitty downstairs TV for my roommate to play since it always seems to red ring around me.

Darkness said:

Might get one if it's fairly cheap, has wifi and is reliable. Right now my 360 is hooked up to our shitty downstairs TV for my roommate to play since it always seems to red ring around me.

Don't worry, you're not. I don't what's with all the hate (oh wait, I do; it's GAF). I think it looks better than the current Xbox 360 and I just hope they get the colors right this time.

But hey, I don't like the original PS3 and think it's one of the ugliest consoles ever, so what do I know?

Kibbles

What's with the dents? They aren't even centered and it doesn't look like an X at all, so seriously, wtf with the dents? It would look so much better without them.

FrankT

Darkness said:

You're definitely not, but I just hope this thing is a bit smaller than the original. Internal HDD and power source of course with the internal wifi would be icing on the cake. Hopefully it's just as quiet and reliable as the Jasper though. Of course the pricing on this thing as well cause ya never know with MS heh. Watch em raise the price and GAF goes nutty. :lol

Jtyettis said:
You're definitely not, but I just hope this thing is a bit smaller than the original. Internal HDD and power source of course with the internal wifi would be icing on the cake. Hopefully it's just as quiet and reliable as the Jasper though. Of course the pricing on this thing as well cause ya never know with MS heh. Watch em raise the price and GAF goes nutty. :lol

We will find out shortly at MS Press Conference. I just hope it well made.

Jtyettis said:

I'm pretty sure the PSU is not internal.

DarK SouL

Darkness said:

You are not alone, I find the new design sexy and might buy one.

FrankT

brotkasten said:
I'm pretty sure the PSU is not internal.

It very well may not be, but then I have no idea why they couldn't get it a bit smaller then. Still wait and see on size. Again would have liked to see a slot drive as well.

Double D

Eh, I like it and I'll buy it. Just bundle in Kinect and I'm all set. I need a new hard drive (still rocking a 20gig), and I don't have a Wifi solution yet, so I might as well.

Staying in the spirit of this thread, though, I'll say that my entire family spontaneously combusted once I saw this design, and my house burnt down.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
DarK SouL said:
You are not alone, I find the new design sexy and might buy one.

I definitely would NOT buy it. Just look at those sharp edges.
The design is way below my standard.

I like that its smaller. What I don't like is that it looks like it was designed to be in a vertical orientation, I have never used any of my consoles vertically.

Guy Legend

Gotta wait to see more pics of the hardware. Regardless, built in wi-fi = win. I'm wondering what kind of hard drives the system is using.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Oh snap, I just remember... so all faceplates are useless now? Damn! :lol

No one actually spent money on a faceplate for their 360 did they? That's like buying avatar clothing...no one is that stupid.

kaskade

Only half hour until the conference. I wish they would release it soon but it's probably going to release side by side the kinect.

DasRaven

Annihilator said:
No one actually spent money on a faceplate for their 360 did they? That's like buying avatar clothing...no one is that stupid.

I did. I bought a silver faceplate so that it would blend into the home theater rack a bit better than the stark white. This was before black elites were around. That said, i'm already sold on this box.
I like the design and the gloss black and the internal WiFi and the 250GB HDD as I'm still on a 20GB with a 16GB USB flash as an extender. I'm hoping for an internal PSU to make it a slam dunk.
Once there's a release date, I'll be selling my Jasper Arcade and all the white accessories I have. (3 controllers, 2 P&C kits, WiFi adapter, 512MB(!) memory unit) and the aforementioned faceplate.

And yes I've also bought avatar clothing, Forza3 Racing gloves. In my defense, I have been given more than I've bought and only bought them to round off my points.

derFeef

An hour now. It starts in an hours according to tweets from majornelson and so on.

edit: sorry, Gametrailers preshow will begin in an hour.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wonder what the pricing will be like? You can already get really good deals on arcades and elites in the UK, usually with crazy bundle deals. Can't see this being that much cheaper so wouldn't you just buy a larger one for less?

panda21

wait is this in an hour+half or like 20 minutes? i dont trust those websites to properly handle this weird +1 summer time nonsense.

noisome07

Banned
panda21 said:
wait is this in an hour+half or like 20 minutes? i dont trust those websites to properly handle this weird +1 summer time nonsense.

Pre-show starts in 50 minutes. Actual show starts in 70 minutes.

Meier

panda21 said:
It starts at 12:30 Central.. 1 hour and 20 minutes from now.

Darkness said:

Nope, I actually love the new design.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Meier

CrushDance said:
I'm really doubting this will be "slim" seems to more of a redesign than anything else.
Yeah, it definitely is not a "slim" as it appears that the face plate is exactly the same size. It might be somewhat slimmer, but this is by no means the PS3 Slim versus the Fat. Not even close.

I'm sure this will be the new design going forward for better or for worse. IMO, much worse.

Risible

Annihilator said:

I disagree with that sentiment. Avatar clothing is something pretty much no one sees. Your Xbox, however, is often times out in the open and on display in your house for your friends and family to see. Dressing it up isn't that crazy a notion.

I personally don't do it, but I certainly wouldn't equate buying a real decorative item with buying virtual goods for a virtual paper doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom